Saturday Updates 3/23 (23-24 Season)

I think the Hayes coach made a serious coaching blunder by not having his players foul Ignatius repeatedly during the last 20 seconds. Contrast that with the end of the Ignatius-Brunswick game. Ignatius had a one point lead with Brunswick having the ball with 57 seconds to play. Ignatius, however, had three fouls to give. Whenever a Brunswick player got near the basket he was fouled. Ignatius used two fouls in this manner until the Cats got a steal to seal the win. Hayes had three fouls to give. Delaware is still probably sitting on them.

In the Brunswick game, the Ignatius player mentioned is a resident of Brunswick. He attended St. Ambrose throughout, but obviously knows a lot of kids from Brunswick HS. One of his good friends is a starter on the Brunswick team. I was at that game and he was getting a lot of comments from the Brunswick student section
Coach should have been aware and spoke to player about the expectations on a player representing a Catholic school. Yes when you put on that shirt you represent that school and everyone that wore that before you. That message was drummed into my head for four years by my teachers,my coaches and my parents. If you don’t have anymore pride in the shirt, in the name on the shirt don’t wear it. Old-fashioned I know but some things still hold true.

After Ignatius got the steal and slam to clinch the regional final game against Brunswick, one Ignatius player decided to turn around and start waving goodbye to the Brunswick students before heading to the other side where the rest of the team was celebrating.

Two games in a row that Ignatius had to come back and survive and two in a row where there was some sort of taunting of the opponents student section.
Depending on what the student section was doing, I don't think waving goodbye to the opponents student section is over the top.

Depending on what the student section was doing, I don't think waving goodbye to the opponents student section is over the top.
I saw many adults this weekend, from Russia and OG, stand up and wave bye to kids who fouled out on the opposing team. I thought it was classless and immature but the majority of both fan bases did it. Adults acting that way. I guess in some instances we hold the kids to a higher standard that adults.

P.S. to the Maysville community, it was completely unacceptable for every fan in every section from front row to the back to stand the entire game. Completely rude and inconsiderate. We had to move to the upper deck because we could only see one side of the court. These people stood from tip to 4th quarter buzzer. You can tell who had never been to state before.

I saw many adults this weekend, from Russia and OG, stand up and wave bye to kids who fouled out on the opposing team. I thought it was classless and immature but the majority of both fan bases did it. Adults acting that way. I guess in some instances we hold the kids to a higher standard that adults.

P.S. to the Maysville community, it was completely unacceptable for every fan in every section from front row to the back to stand the entire game. Completely rude and inconsiderate. We had to move to the upper deck because we could only see one side of the court. These people stood from tip to 4th quarter buzzer. You can tell who had never been to state before.
BS! Not unacceptable at all. They are fans of their school and players. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. Move to a different seat or stay home! Good lord, you ever scene a game with no students/fans?
I did during 2021. Most horrible and disgusting things I've witnessed. That was unacceptable!

BS! Not unacceptable at all. They are fans of their school and players. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. Move to a different seat or stay home! Good lord, you ever scene a game with no students/fans?
I did during 2021. Most horrible and disgusting things I've witnessed. That was unacceptable!
They are suppose to be rude and inconsiderate to everyone around them? I had to move to a different seat, a worse seat than the one I paid for. I didn't see any other fan base stand the entire game and I sat in Russia and OG sections on Friday. They stood during big moments, which I get. Not the entire game, 5 or 6 sections blocking everyone elses view. Memo to Maysville, you aren't the only people who want to see the game. Act like you have been there before. Delaware had a huge crowd too but didn't stand the whole time. Some people have public decorum, some don't. Its obvious where the Maysville community stands. (Pun intended)

Of course I've never "scene" a game with no fans. If there were no fans allowed how would I have " scene" it? You must be from Maysville.

Oh you got me. Seen sorry.
Not from Marysville
They pd for ticket too.
Stay home next year+
No I won't stay home. I'm going to buy seats right in front of you and stand the entire game. You can't complain, I'm doing the right thing.