Saturday Updates 3/23 (23-24 Season)

Credit to the Delaware kids and coaches for hanging tough when down big early, they showed a lot of poise and heart. Burress is a great athlete and will do well at OU.

That was an obvious foul on St Ig on the turnover. I may be wrong but I am sure someone can post the video . The defender ran right through the offensive player and dislodged the ball is what it looked like to me. Yes the refs were not very good the second half but I think the technical was one the few calls they were 100% right.The players thought they didnt foul the whole game. It did not surprise me about the taunting after the game after the way they whined the whole game.

St. Ignatius was the better team. Then they showed zero class after the game by taunting the Delaware fans. I never thought I'd see that from St. Ignatius.
Delaware had the stands packed and they were quite loud through out the game. Ignatius had a pitiful amount of fans. Probably that was why the Ignatius players acted the way they did. God help them if Centerville wins the nightcap.

St. Ignatius was the better team. Then they showed zero class after the game by taunting the Delaware fans. I never thought I'd see that from St. Ignatius.
That shouldn’t happen and the coach shouldn’t allow it.

I don’t like winning with no class.

As for the game, the refs helped Delaware a LOT.

Delaware had the stands packed and they were quite loud through out the game. Ignatius had a pitiful amount of fans. Probably that was why the Ignatius players acted the way they did. God help them if Centerville wins the nightcap.
Did you fly in for the game? Pitiful? Maybe you can give more money so the parents of the students can get their kids to Dayton.

Ignatius conduct the entire game was disrespectful. Coaches and players complained about everything call. Coach on the floor constantly. Refs showed great restraint on only issuing 1 technical foul. And the display after the game was pathetic. Guess maybe they need to pay attention in mass next week and get being a little more humble. And I'm a neutral observer who attend State every year, so it's not sour grapes.

Ignatius conduct the entire game was disrespectful. Coaches and players complained about everything call. Coach on the floor constantly. Refs showed great restraint on only issuing 1 technical foul. And the display after the game was pathetic. Guess maybe they need to pay attention in mass next week and get being a little more humble. And I'm a neutral observer who attend State every year, so it's not sour grapes.
Yeah observer also

Great game! Unfortunate ending! Officials had no guts! Ignatius behavior was embarrassing and classless! Another State Tournament example of basketbrawl! Seems to be the norm.

Not a fan of the Cleveland big school Catholics, but this game was taken over by the refs in the second half. Delaware is a decent team, but the refs took Ignatious out of the game. What was the foul shot differential?

Hayes was 18-25 from the line. Ignatius 4-6. Big difference.

After Ignatius got the steal and slam to clinch the regional final game against Brunswick, one Ignatius player decided to turn around and start waving goodbye to the Brunswick students before heading to the other side where the rest of the team was celebrating.

Two games in a row that Ignatius had to come back and survive and two in a row where there was some sort of taunting of the opponents student section.

After Ignatius got the steal and slam to clinch the regional final game against Brunswick, one Ignatius player decided to turn around and start waving goodbye to the Brunswick students before heading to the other side where the rest of the team was celebrating.

Two games in a row that Ignatius had to come back and survive and two in a row where there was some sort of taunting of the opponents student section.
I assume the Brunswick students, like all student sections, did not say one single taunt, chant, or derogatory word to any Ignatius player.

I assume the Brunswick students, like all student sections, did not say one single taunt, chant, or derogatory word to any Ignatius player.
I'm sure they did.

I guess I should clarify because it happens so often especially at close games where there is a large/vocal student setting that it's almost the norm and doesn't bother me because usually the opposing student section deserves it.

I also wasn't trying to make it an Ignatius thing, more pointing out that there was some sort of taunting last week to the person who "couldn't believe" that an Ignatius team would do something like that.

Elks turn it over first 2 possessions of the 2nd half, lead 24-21, Eli Greenberg at line shooting 2, makes one, Elks now lead 25-21

I'm sure they did.

I guess I should clarify because it happens so often especially at close games where there is a large/vocal student setting that it's almost the norm and doesn't bother me because usually the opposing student section deserves it.

I also wasn't trying to make it an Ignatius thing, more pointing out that there was some sort of taunting last week to the person who "couldn't believe" that an Ignatius team would do something like that.
In the Brunswick game, the Ignatius player mentioned is a resident of Brunswick. He attended St. Ambrose throughout, but obviously knows a lot of kids from Brunswick HS. One of his good friends is a starter on the Brunswick team. I was at that game and he was getting a lot of comments from the Brunswick student section