Division II
Warren 70 Waverly 55
Unioto 47 Gallipolis 32

Division IV
New Boston 71 Lucasville Valley 51
Trimble over Leesburg Fairfield

Perhaps some trickery.
Chardon had plenty of their own.

I've been watching the Cats since the late 60's. Believe me, this was their best basketball game EVER!
A heart attack served on a silver platter.

Our coach was even crying while being interviewed.

View attachment 15214
Wow. Personally, in a District Championship with so much on the line, I tend to prefer the less stress-filled contests. Lol. But sounded like a great game!

Can't help but notice the foul situation though . . . :unsure:

In any event, congrats to Struthers. What waits next is a different animal though but good luck nonetheless!

D3

Taft 62
Indian Lake 55

Wondering if anyone has the scoop on this, as the updates I saw throughout the games showed that this was really close throughout aside from a big Taft run in the 3rd quarter that ended up being the difference.

This was much closer than it should have been on paper. Does Taft have players out?

where can I see the box score on this one?
Found this last night:

Screenshot_20210306-230523_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks, I was looking for players scores etc. I saw on the picture of the scoreboard, at least 3 players scoredover 30 points. Was curious of the others. Did you get to attend this game? It would be a game of a lifetime to watch

Thanks, I was looking for players scores etc. I saw on the picture of the scoreboard, at least 3 players scoredover 30 points. Was curious of the others. Did you get to attend this game? It would be a game of a lifetime to watch

I can't find a box score either. Slocum had 31 before fouling out, Washington 36. Sulka had 42 and Toth had 31. Please post if you find the box score. Thanks!

Perhaps some trickery.
Chardon had plenty of their own.

I've been watching the Cats since the late 60's. Believe me, this was their best basketball game EVER!
A heart attack served on a silver platter.

Our coach was even crying while being interviewed.

View attachment 15214

Epic .............congratulations......actually to both teams for what was obviously one of the wildest games ever.

Keep it rolling Struthers, good to see it!

I can't find a box score either. Slocum had 31 before fouling out, Washington 36. Sulka had 42 and Toth had 31. Please post if you find the box score. Thanks!
I tried finding on online local papers but no one had it this weekend. Will look again now and see if they updated

I tried finding on online local papers but no one had it this weekend. Will look again now and see if they updated
I tried looking as well. Nothing out there.
High school sports being covered in newspapers, whether online or otherwise, is sorely lacking these days. The thread regarding the Canton Rep details much of why this is happening.
In the days, the Vindicator was outstanding. Even the Warren Trib. But those days are over.
'It is what it is'. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I tried looking as well. Nothing out there.
High school sports being covered in newspapers, whether online or otherwise, is sorely lacking these days. The thread regarding the Canton Rep details much of why this is happening.
In the days, the Vindicator was outstanding. Even the Warren Trib. But those days are over.
'It is what it is'. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I just tried MaxPreps and nothing there either Just the score by qtrs. Oh well

Funny, Struthersfan posts the Fieldhouse scoreboard with the clock reading 00:0 and the final score showing 116-108.

However, the Youngstown Vindicator reported it as 118-108, both in the game story and box score. Hmmm...???

I pay for a subscription to the print edition of the Vindicator (now part of the Warren Tribune), which I have delivered daily. However, one must apparently pay even more for a digital subscription, because I am unable to see anything on-line without being directed to various pay-for-digital access options.

So I've decided to sneak this screenshot in here to satisfy those of you who have asked. (The game story was spread over two pages and the screen shots ended up being too large to post). But at least I got you the box-score. Enjoy!

1615256266915.png

Funny, Struthersfan posts the Fieldhouse scoreboard with the clock reading 00:0 and the final score showing 116-108.

However, the Youngstown Vindicator reported it as 118-108, both in the game story and box score. Hmmm...???

I pay for a subscription to the print edition of the Vindicator (now part of the Warren Tribune), which I have delivered daily. However, one must apparently pay even more for a digital subscription, because I am unable to see anything on-line without being directed to various pay-for-digital access options.

So I've decided to sneak this screenshot in here to satisfy those of you who have asked. (The game story was spread over two pages and the screen shots ended up being too large to post). But at least I got you the box-score. Enjoy!

View attachment 15277
Here is a link to video of the entire game:

Struthers only scored 11 points in the second overtime, not 13 as reported in the Vindicator. So, the scoreboard gave the correct final score: Struthers 116 - Chardon 108. The Vindicator’s box score credited one of the Wildcats with two too many points.

Here is a link to video of the entire game:

Struthers only scored 11 points in the second overtime, not 13 as reported in the Vindicator. So, the scoreboard gave the correct final score: Struthers 116 - Chardon 108. The Vindicator’s box score credited one of the Wildcats with two too many points.
May have been Metzka with the extra 2.