Round 4 games

brackets

You may want to check out the brackets. None of these teams play each other....

West plays Lebonon

wow west has an easy road...

If I were going to guess how it goes, I'd say

West wins by 3 or more

We win by one

Mason wins by two

Beavercreek wins by...idk

agreed with scores.. but if elder plays like i have heard.. i bet they squeak 2-3 in..

Is it true that Lebanon beat Centerville? If so what was the score?

i thought milford people kept telling elder fans to respect them and to be ready for a big time game

4-0?

milford got crushed!

I'm clearly a mason fan but I don't have a good feeling about this week!!

Mason 0
Colerain 2

West 5
Lebanon 0

Beavercreek 3
Fairmont 1

Elder 2
Wayne? 0

west will beat lebanon by....alot

beavercreek will beat fairmont

i dont know much about the colrain game

elder and wayne will be a good game.

Beavercreek Springboro

I'm not sure that Beavercreek "barely escaped." It was a hard fought battle. Springboro has one of the most impressive defenses I have seen. They disrupt play brilliantly. Much better than Beavercreek's. Beavercreek dominated the first 15 minutes by their offense holding the ball, but had many missed opportunities. As soon as Beavercreek subbed their offense, the wheels came off and Springboro took over. I'm told that Beavercreek is "deep" but I sure didn't see it last night . 0-0 at half. Beavercreek came out strong the second half , but Springboro held. #10 then RIPPED a shot from outside the 18 into the corner of the net. One of the most impressive goals I've seen. 1-0 final. I was on the Springboro side and I must say some very rude fans. Some were taunting individual players . No need for that.

no way does mason lose to colerain on saturday...with niro wimalasena in the back they're good to go

when mason is moving the ball around...i havent seen a team this year that can keep up with them

mason rolls 2-0

I was on the Springboro side and I must say some very rude fans. Some were taunting individual players . No need for that.

I was on the Beavercreek side and could very clearly hear the loud mouth taunting individual players. If I could hear it on the other side of the field, then the refs had to hear it too.

I'd like to hear from some of the refs who post here. What is supposed to happen to an individual fan that targets a single player with verbal abuse?

Heckling is part of the game, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to the players on the field. They should be able to block it out and focus on the game.

I was on the Beavercreek side and could very clearly hear the loud mouth taunting individual players. If I could hear it on the other side of the field, then the refs had to hear it too.

I'd like to hear from some of the refs who post here. What is supposed to happen to an individual fan that targets a single player with verbal abuse?

Heckling IS part of the game, but it depends on how far it's taken. As a ref, we try not to listen to the fans, but given that's almost impossible, we let things go that are supposedly "good natured." However, we tend to take things a bit more seriously when they are directed particulary at an individual (mainly the refs themselves) and it no longer is "good natured," but rather personal and slanderish. Players are taught the same thing, to play the game and not listen to the crowd. But if there are threats, slurs, or what have you directed at individual players then it can become an issue. It's the same thing as removing a fan for belligerence to a referee. If it gets out of hand, the clock is stopped and the referee will ask the site administrator to remove the individual who is doing the harrassing.

There is too much crazy sh.t going on in the world today, especially with school shootings, kids carrying guns, etc., to mess around with the safety of people at a sporting match. Check this out.......this was at a middle school football game!!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Football_Shootings.html

Ok...I'll give you the specific example...

The guy on the Springboro sidelines targeted an individual Beavercreek player. Let's call him "Jones". After a series of "You stink, Jones!" and other relatively beign comments, there was a play in the Springboro goal in which the goalie went down on his hands and knees. Jones was not involved in the play, but went to check on the goalie with several of the Springboro players. At that point, the fan screamed "Did you do that Jones? Don't make me come down to the field!"

If that doesn't cross the line, it comes up to it and looks over it.

lol.....taunting is part of the game...players have to deal with it....like every sport...happened to me...happens to everyone

I thought that was the right answer, but since the refs can pull a red card without appeal, I figured there might be another rule that wouldn't be what I expected.

Lebanon vs. West

How can you not expect Lebanon vs. West to be a close game? Lebanon returned senior Ted Masthay, from injury, just before the tourney started and the team is really starting to play together. Lebanon was clearly the better team on the field against Centerville last Tuesday as they won 2-1. My bet is that Lebanon keeps this game close and that the game will be decided within the last 5 mins.

West 5
Lebanon 0:wallbang:
west will beat lebanon by....alot:Ohno:
West wins by 3 or more:confused:
:shrug: :hello: :shrug:

The only time I saw Lebanon play was their game against Beavercreek and, from what you said, Masthay was not on the field for that game. I give Lebanon big props for taking out the Elks, but West has had a better season by far.

Until Lebanon beat Centerville, their record against the GWOC Central was 0-3 with 3 goals for and 13 goals against. Yes, they have won 5 of their last 6, but I still think West is going to be too much for them.

All I'm saying is Lebanon is starting to get hot at the right time, and I think they could continue to suprise some people in this tournamnet.

Cokeman, I'd love to see Beavercreek get the shut out against Fairmont, but they shut Grajeda down last time. To think they will hold hiim scoreless two games in a row might be too much to ask.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. I still say Creek wins this one. I'm going with a 3-1 final.

Creek Fairmont

Cokeman, I'd love to see Beavercreek get the shut out against Fairmont, but they shut Grajeda down last time. To think they will hold hiim scoreless two games in a row might be too much to ask.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. I still say Creek wins this one. I'm going with a 3-1 final.

MAJORFAN, I think you mean D'amico for Fairmont, unless there's a last minute tranfer I haven't heard about....AND he DID get a goal against Creek..I know you're excited, but slow down there big boy

I'm losing my mind...

MAJORFAN, I think you mean D'amico for Fairmont, unless there's a last minute tranfer I haven't heard about....AND he DID get a goal against Creek..I know you're excited, but slow down there big boy

From the Beavercreek vs Fairmont thread...

Was off by one. :shrug: I was hoping the Creek defense would be able to shut down D'amico. He got one with about 7 minutes left.

Shelby Hill was a monster for Beavercreek tonight. His second goal was phenomenal. He took the ball to the endline and stayed upright after he was hit hard. He touched the ball around the defender and beat two more Fairmont defenders and drove the ball passed the goal. Amazing.

The downside is that Eric Mayhew left the pitch late in the second half with an injury. I have not heard how serious it is.

Beavercreek is now 14-0-1. Their final regular season match-up is at Upper Arlington. They beat 'Creek last year 2-0 in Beavercreek. Should be a great match.

Go Beavers!

:wallbang:

Ok...D'amico. Ok...he did score. Ok...I still think he will again, but only one. Ok...Beavercreek will win...3-1.

It was a hard day...:wallbang: