ROE VS WADE OVERTURNED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who elects the people making those decisions in the legislature again ?

If the majority in states support abortion, there will be abortion in those states. Also the majority don't support late term abortion like savage liberal states do in some cases.

You are being blinded by media stirring it up to cover for your party running the country into the ground. Need something to run on since you guys have nothing positive to put forward from the idiot in office now
The next time an elected official does what benefits himself/herself in lieu of their constituents’ will, it’ll certainly be the first time.

That said, I generally agree. I’m pro choice but it’s up to the states to decide. I’ll be most interested in following what goes on in Oklahoma, where IIRC, the governor said he will persecute anyone involved in abortions including those done on Native American reservations. I hope he does not, but governors do dumb things all the time.

The next time an elected official does what benefits himself/herself in lieu of their constituents’ will, it’ll certainly be the first time.

That said, I generally agree. I’m pro choice but it’s up to the states to decide. I’ll be most interested in following what goes on in Oklahoma, where IIRC, the governor said he will persecute anyone involved in abortions including those done on Native American reservations. I hope he does not, but governors do dumb things all the time.
I don't trust any politicians. So I agree with the first part to a point. But as I said , if they don't do what the majority wants vote them out or get it on the ballot.

Every state led by a Republican governor and legislature will outlaw abortion, or put in such onerous restrictions that it effectively outlaws it.
It correctly gives the power to the states and people in those states to vote. The judicial branch shouldnt make laws....
Hopefully the states will have some type of voter referendum to decide what the people actually want. All we can count on is both parties voting along party lines. Not really representing all the people.

Hopefully the states will have some type of voter referendum to decide what the people actually want. All we can count on is both parties voting along party lines. Not really representing all the people.
Really? I know many Dems/ Libs who were unhappy with Roe.

Pretty hilarious that SCOTUS literally just said the right to concealed carry of firearms cannot be left to the States to decide. Lol.

Let’s see how much they like this court when they throw out Griswald. Suddenly their wives/girlfriends/daughters won’t have the right to birth control anymore. Instead they’ll be at the mercy of individual states.
That would be a guaranteed way to increase crime and entitlement recipients. Sounds like something the Dems would be all for. It’s funny you think that’s on a conservative agenda.

Not sure what you people don’t understand about the government having no role in you creating a baby irresponsibly.

Reactions: y2h
Most of those laws were passed to appease the base, while thinking that there was zero chance Roe would ever be overturned. I'd expect a lot of them will quickly re-evaluate their positions.
I very seriously doubt that. It's a major culture war issue that base voters want a victory on, and somebody that backtracks on a "trigger law" is likely to be facing a party primary challenge for their state house or state senate seat.

Any state legislature that has already passed a so-called "trigger law" is going to have to dunk the ball now, and live with whatever political consequences (good or bad) come from it.

I very seriously doubt that. It's a major culture war issue that base voters want a victory on, and somebody that backtracks on a "trigger law" is likely to be facing a party primary challenge for their state house or state senate seat.

In some states, sure. Many others, not so much. ?‍♂️

Not sure what you people don’t understand about the government having no role in you creating a baby irresponsibly.

It just did. And not just irresponsibly. Married couples with kids, a failed contraception, medical flukes, rape, incest, painful/debilitating pregnancies, major health issues to mom or future child. Government just gave themselves a role.

Those who underestimated Trump, GOP, the Court, and things that "would never happen" should never underestimate the cruelty of their base again. They will have ZERO problem subjugating new mothers and babies to abject poverty, terror, misery, death, in the Lord's name. Not so much "new" mothers including republican mothers including mothers married to or raised by yappi debate forum nutjobs, but specifically the poorest most vulnerable mothers with the least means.

Right to bear arms is in the Constitution. The right to abort a child is not. So whoever said that is consistent.

Many rights are not enumerated but can be inferred by from those that are and interpretation of text. Such as innocent till proven guilty, right to vote, marriage, travel, privacy, or procreate. You could argue that states could mandate forced sterilize tomorrow absent that right being specifically enumerated.

Fwiw abortion was a common non-controversial practice at our founding.

Now if only it would work for school shootings

Your side is responsible for removing religion from schools, and assaulting prayer and religion at every chance. Maybe go back to fundamentals: family, morals, values, discipline, and respect ...............and these shootings will not occur, like they did not occur before liberal policies destroyed everything. If you really care, you'll work to that end.

Status
Not open for further replies.