Rodenberg Doesn't Come off too well

"I think it's an isolated incident, but if he doesn't watch it I would imagine they would pull the scholarship," Rodenberg said. "But he (Monty) doesn't answer my texts. I don't text him anymore. I haven't talked to him since 3 o'clock today and don't intend to.

"To be dead honest, I've washed my hands of it. I want nothing to do with him. I don't know whether he has signed it or not; I could care less. It's his fault.

"I haven't talked to him, don't intend to talk to him. To be honest, I could care less what he does now. I'm sorry. I hate to be that way, but it's his problem now. I honestly do not know. I don't even know where he is at. I don't know if he is at his house or at his uncle's house or where he is at.

"They (the MSU coaches) know that I've washed my hands of it. I have a good relationship with those guys. Everything is good there.

How does this guy keep his job??? Does he care about the kids at all?

"I think it's an isolated incident, but if he doesn't watch it I would imagine they would pull the scholarship," Rodenberg said. "But he (Monty) doesn't answer my texts. I don't text him anymore. I haven't talked to him since 3 o'clock today and don't intend to.

"To be dead honest, I've washed my hands of it. I want nothing to do with him. I don't know whether he has signed it or not; I could care less. It's his fault.

"I haven't talked to him, don't intend to talk to him. To be honest, I could care less what he does now. I'm sorry. I hate to be that way, but it's his problem now. I honestly do not know. I don't even know where he is at. I don't know if he is at his house or at his uncle's house or where he is at.

"They (the MSU coaches) know that I've washed my hands of it. I have a good relationship with those guys. Everything is good there.

At least he wins. You could have gone 2-8, quit complaining.

If JR was as "no Non-sensce" with his team as he is with this situation, maybe we would see a more focused and disciplined football team on Friday nights? :wallbang:

You have to admit, with his talk about a National Title and now this he obviously needs some schooling in PR and how to talk to the media. :dang:

Again, stop bitchin, you could have been 2-8. At least Moeller is competitive every year. As much as you are complaining you wouldn't switch coaches with Elder at this point.

He really seems to really care about his players....not It's Monty's decision....let him do what he wants. Rodenburg comes across so arrogant.....and for what reason?

Do you think Specht would come across like that through the media about his star player? I don't think so. Hopefully, Borman called Rodenburg into his office about his comments in that article.

He comes off as a complete fool all about himself and his precious relationship with Dantonio. Now I'm beginning to see why so many of my Moeller buddies cant stand the guy.

Hey, not sure anyone mentioned this yet, but quit whining, at least he wins. You guys could have been 2-8.

Then by all means please fire him and hire back Crable. Seriously, at least he wins.

They've had by far the most talent in EACH of the last 3 years in all of Region 4 and have won the region how many times in that stretch? Sure he has been winning more than Elder recently but that isn't saying anything. They've still underachieved each of the last 3 years.

I know Elder has major issues from the very top down but that discussion isn't for the Moeller forum.

They've had by far the most talent in EACH of the last 3 years in all of Region 4 and have won the region how many times in that stretch? Sure he has been winning more than Elder recently but that isn't saying anything. They've still underachieved each of the last 3 years.

I know Elder has major issues from the very top down but that discussion isn't for the Moeller forum.

Agree.....his teams have consistently underachieved. Nobody can deny that and if you do, there must be a Rodenburg in your family. I still can't believe the way he handled the Monty situation. Regardless of what he thinks, you do not go to the media with your rants about a player and his college decision. He's a high school kid, who carried your team as far as they got this year. He sang his praises during the season. To blast him through a media outlet is bush league. How long is his contract?

Agree.....his teams have consistently underachieved. Nobody can deny that and if you do, there must be a Rodenburg in your family. I still can't believe the way he handled the Monty situation. Regardless of what he thinks, you do not go to the media with your rants about a player and his college decision. He's a high school kid, who carried your team as far as they got this year. He sang his praises during the season. To blast him through a media outlet is bush league. How long is his contract?

I'm not 100% certain but I believe this; His contract with Moeller is as an administrator (whatever position that might be). He is payed the according salary as that administrator. Head football coach is an added responsibility and added salary his contract as an administrator. If his contract is like that of any other teacher/administrator then it is always a one year contract that is up for review every summer and if the board/AD/President is satisfied with the job he's doing, the contract is simply renewed for the next school year. If his work has been deemed inadequate for any reason there is no firing the contract simply just isn't renewed.

Moeller has underachieved for a decade. Sure they win just enough games every year to make the playoffs, but they have had tremendous talent. I would argue they've had more talent than any team in Region 4 since 2000 sans probably Colerain.

Moeller has underachieved for a decade. Sure they win just enough games every year to make the playoffs, but they have had tremendous talent. I would argue they've had more talent than any team in Region 4 since 2000 sans probably Colerain.

the Classes of 2007(team '06) 2010(team '09) and 2012(team '11) all should have gone on to win the region and combined should have brought home at least one state title. All of those teams ridiculously talented. I know Crable didn't win as much as Rodenberg has been but I like him better because it seemed like he at least had some dignity and integrity. JR has made a mockery of my Alma Mater. I can't the lack of discipline and I can't stand letting parents meddle with the program.

the Classes of 2007(team '06) 2010(team '09) and 2012(team '11) all should have gone on to win the region and combined should have brought home at least one state title. All of those teams ridiculously talented. I know Crable didn't win as much as Rodenberg has been but I like him better because it seemed like he at least had some dignity and integrity. JR has made a mockery of my Alma Mater. I can't the lack of discipline and I can't stand letting parents meddle with the program.

This did not start with JR , Why do you think Moeller had a soph. starting at QB that was not a Div I talent as a QB ??????????????

This did not start with JR , Why do you think Moeller had a soph. starting at QB that was not a Div I talent as a QB ??????????????

Because the starting QB got approached by the coach for disciplinary reasons early in the season and Quit the team. At least that's how I heard it went down. .. That's if it's the situation I'm thinking of circa 2005.. and he turned out to be pretty good if you ask me. In 2007 Moeller would've had their first losing season without him.

Because the starting QB got approached by the coach for disciplinary reasons early in the season and Quit the team. At least that's how I heard it went down. .. That's if it's the situation I'm thinking of circa 2005.. and he turned out to be pretty good if you ask me. In 2007 Moeller would've had their first losing season without him.

This is what happen ...... The senior lost QB job to junior during the two of days. So the senior ask if he could help the team as TE. Then the junior QB was hurt during practice so the senior QB ask if you could go back to QB. the coach move the soph QB to starting QB ............