Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2024 Nominees

They really should just change the name to the Rock and Roll and Music HOF or something along those lines. Will keep a lot of people from getting up in arms and it just logistically makes more sense. They can just have a Hip Hop Wing, Pop Wing, etc...

They really should just change the name to the Rock and Roll and Music HOF or something along those lines. Will keep a lot of people from getting up in arms and it just logistically makes more sense. They can just have a Hip Hop Wing, Pop Wing, etc...
They can put the Hip Hop and Rap wings over in Hough.

I not a Jimmy Buffett fan, but I'm surprised how long it took for him to get in. It's a shame he wasn't able to live to see it. Also, how did it take Ozzy so long? He's iconic and kept himself relevant in music and entertainment for decades.

I not a Jimmy Buffett fan, but I'm surprised how long it took for him to get in. It's a shame he wasn't able to live to see it. Also, how did it take Ozzy so long? He's iconic and kept himself relevant in music and entertainment for decades.
Buffett got in under some sort of special category. I assume it’s only because he died.

And Ozzy has been in with Black Sabbath, just not as a solo artist.

I don't think Jethro Tull is in either, but Carly Simon is. Go figure.
I agree that Tull should be in. Not only was Ian Anderson one of a kind, but their music was unlike anything else. It's not just the flute, but most of the music is incredibly intricate and difficult to replicate. Many of the songs are 5/4 time signatures, which is unique in itself.

I agree that Tull should be in. Not only was Ian Anderson one of a kind, but their music was unlike anything else. It's not just the flute, but most of the music is incredibly intricate and difficult to replicate. Many of the songs are 5/4 time signatures, which is unique in itself.
They put on a great live show, too. I saw them, circa 1977-78, at Hara Arena in Dayton. Festival seating. I remember the crowd crush before they opened and then we ran like heck to get seats about 20 rows back in folding chairs set up on the floor. The crowd surge was so strong, you couldn't hand the ticket to the usher even if you tried. I had no high expectations, but they were one of the best concerts I ever attended, and I saw some pretty good acts back in the seventies (incl. Led Zeppelin, Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Deep Purple and many more). They definitely should be in the Rock and Roll HOF.

Well, at least Carly Simon got in. Wait, Carly Simon, but no Tull or Guess Who? Really?

They put on a great live show, too. I saw them, circa 1977-78, at Hara Arena in Dayton. Festival seating. I remember the crowd crush before they opened and then we ran like heck to get seats about 20 rows back in folding chairs set up on the floor. The crowd surge was so strong, you couldn't hand the ticket to the usher even if you tried. I had no high expectations, but they were one of the best concerts I ever attended, and I saw some pretty good acts back in the seventies (incl. Led Zeppelin, Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Deep Purple and many more). They definitely should be in the Rock and Roll HOF.

Well, at least Carly Simon got in. Wait, Carly Simon, but no Tull or Guess Who? Really?
Yeah, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is kind of a joke. Ted Nugget should be in. I mean, he's legit nuts, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that he was a huge act and had great talent. There are a bunch of 90's bands that should be in. I imagine there will start to be a flooding of them soon, but bands like Soundgarden, STP, Alice in Chains, and the Smashing Pumpkins should get in. I'm surprised a band like Motey Crue got left out from the who spandex era. Metal bands like Iron Maiden and Pantera, while not my thing, were really influential and should be in. And on that note, what about Lemmy and Motorhead?

Yeah, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is kind of a joke. Ted Nugget should be in. I mean, he's legit nuts, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that he was a huge act and had great talent. There are a bunch of 90's bands that should be in. I imagine there will start to be a flooding of them soon, but bands like Soundgarden, STP, Alice in Chains, and the Smashing Pumpkins should get in. I'm surprised a band like Motey Crue got left out from the who spandex era. Metal bands like Iron Maiden and Pantera, while not my thing, were really influential and should be in. And on that note, what about Lemmy and Motorhead?
I saw Nugent a few times back in the seventies, too. "Stranglehold" is my favorite Nugent rocker! Crank it up!