Road Trips for HS football games this fall in Ohio

Missed the boat by a few years.
There were some epic battles with tremendous crowds (oh..and $15,000 take home for the 50/50).
I think we have seen the peak of 50/50 and attendance for that matchup
I always wondered what the draw would have been for those games if they would have had them on Saturday of week 10 between 2011-2015

I always wondered what the draw would have been for those games if they would have had them on Saturday of week 10 between 2011-2015
Saturday: Better.
Week 10. Varies. Weather does keep attendance down if it turns raw.

They did/do sell 50/50 during the week some times for this matchup.

Missed the boat by a few years.
There were some epic battles with tremendous crowds (oh..and $15,000 take home for the 50/50).
I think we have seen the peak of 50/50 and attendance for that matchup
Eh, both are still vying for MAC crowns and state titles, so I just want to see the on field battle in person.

If you're looking at stadiums and environments:

Chagrin Falls
Bellaire
Euclid
Steubenville
Shadyside
Warren Harding
Wadsworth
Tiffin

And so many more
Carrollton has a beautiful scenic stadium. Good football team, and I would say a big game for them this year is at home VS Salem.

So far on my list I plan on going to Nelsonville-York @ Trimble, Glen Oak @ Massillon, & Coldwater @ Marion Local...

What are some of the hidden gems in terms of atmosphere/experience across the state? Like the towns that take football way too seriously (no such thing). I like the games at Liberty Center, and with their new turf field it'll look pretty sweet.

So far on my list I plan on going to Nelsonville-York @ Trimble, Glen Oak @ Massillon, & Coldwater @ Marion Local...

What are some of the hidden gems in terms of atmosphere/experience across the state? Like the towns that take football way too seriously (no such thing). I like the games at Liberty Center, and with their new turf field it'll look pretty sweet.
If ya go to Marion, check out The Korner, a bar across the street. If in Coldwater, try McSobers. A M A Z I N G wings and best bleu cheese you will ever find.

Both are on the downslope and I dont expect state titles for quite awhile, if ever again.
tenor.gif

I like the games at Liberty Center, and with their new turf field it'll look pretty sweet.
Any time there is a league championship or playoff appearance on the line, Liberty Center is a great place to watch a game. Patrick Henry plays there week 8 this season and it could be another classic if both teams are as good as projected

What are some of the hidden gems in terms of atmosphere/experience across the state? Like the towns that take football way too seriously (no such thing). I like the games at Liberty Center, and with their new turf field it'll look pretty sweet. is a great place to watch a game
West Jefferson is a great place to watch a game and the town takes football very seriously

heard great things about the stadium and atmosphere at Paint Valley (Bainbridge)

Miami Trace has an absolutely beautiful complex

Steubenville is a must visit at least once in a lifetime

Springfield welcomes St Ignatius- a must watch game

Hoban @ Alter is also a very intriguing matchup

Versailles @ Marion might be a better game this year..

West Jefferson is a great place to watch a game and the town takes football very seriously

heard great things about the stadium and atmosphere at Paint Valley (Bainbridge)

Miami Trace has an absolutely beautiful complex

Steubenville is a must visit at least once in a lifetime

Springfield welcomes St Ignatius- a must watch game

Hoban @ Alter is also a very intriguing matchup
which Springfield?

so there are a couple of schools there, is that called Springfield Shawnee?
Clark County has 8 public high schools and 2 private schools.

Greenon HS- D5
Shawnee HS- D5
Tecumseh HS- D2
Northwestern HS- D4
Southeastern HS- D7
Northeastern HS- D6
Kenton Ridge HS- D4
Springfield HS- D1
Catholic Central HS- D7
Emmanuel Christian HS- no football

Clark County is located in the Southwest district of the state, right in between Dayton and Columbus, with I70 running the entire length of the county.

Anybody in the WBL going to be able to match Van Wert this year? If so that would be a fun game to go see
They lose their QB, who was probably the best player in DIV. However, they have built a good program and I don’t expect a fall off. They will have some competition though.

St. Mary’s returns a lot, and they are always good
Wapak doesn’t return a lot, but there is optimism inside the program
OG is always competitive and they beat Van Wert last year
Elida is an up and coming program, great coach in Kyle Harmon so they could surprise people