Results Thread

Do you guys forget that when teams lose to other teams they shouldn't, there is perhaps a reason. I can name dozens of times where I have seen other teams lose to teams not because the winning team is better, but because the better team has kids sick or missing. You can't judge a team how they are without their starting lineup.

Do you guys forget that when teams lose to other teams they shouldn't, there is perhaps a reason. I can name dozens of times where I have seen other teams lose to teams not because the winning team is better, but because the better team has kids sick or missing. You can't judge a team how they are without their starting lineup.

Agree with this. Common opponent theory isn't applicable in sports. Moe lost to an inferior Fenwick team but comes back and beats Centerville in a thriller.

Transitive properties are rarely applicable in sports.
A beats B, B beats C, doesn't guarantee that A beats C.

Agree with this, but I also agree with the saying "excuses are like a-holes, everyone has them."

Unless Moe was missing half of their starting lineup against Fenwick, that's a match they shouldn't lose. Fenwick is not the State Championship caliber team it was 2 seasons ago.