Republicans trying to impeach Dewine

Laughable that the loons like Vitale are going to go through with the charade of trying to impeach a governor that has a 70-75% approval rating. What a disastrously dumb decision in the run-up to an election. There's very little to be gained politically here, and a whole lot that can go wrong.
I don't know about the rest of the state, but Rino Mike's pop. in the Mercer - Aug. area is about 20%. Small business is the backbone of employment in this area esp. in Mercer. I always thought it was the Governor's duty to create jobs not destroy them.

I voted for him, agree with the majority of his decisions, but would like to see him removed from office .

He has overstepped his authority by unilaterally issuing orders for weeks on end. Single handedly picked winners and losers, which is not his job. Give authority (fallwell out at Liberty) back to the legislative branch and governing decisions to local communities and their health departments. This would allow greater fairness to businesses.

I voted for him, agree with the majority of his decisions, but would like to see him removed from office .

He has overstepped his authority by unilaterally issuing orders for weeks on end. Single handedly picked winners and losers, which is not his job. Give authority (fallwell out at Liberty) back to the legislative branch and governing decisions to local communities and their health departments. This would allow greater fairness to businesses.
You are ok with impeaching dewine but want the reds announcer keeping his job?

SO you want to impeach trump? Winners/losers? Kodak? Tick-Toc? GoodYear? The grifting?

I don't know about the rest of the state, but Rino Mike's pop. in the Mercer - Aug. area is about 20%. Small business is the backbone of employment in this area esp. in Mercer. I always thought it was the Governor's duty to create jobs not destroy them.
He couldn't get 3 votes in Holmes, and if he could, I would find those people and talk them out of it!

The Left loves autocratic authority when it is leveraged in a way they like. They would be howling if it was being used in a way they didn't like - which says a lot about who Little Mike is philosophically aligned with.

I never voted to give Little Mike the power to hurt my business, protect my health, or meddle in how I live. He has that power under his emergency powers. That's what needs to be looked at.

I understand a gov needing to be able to take action in an emergency. In an alien zombie invasion, things need done quick. The legislature needs to have 15 committee hearings and after reports are submitted, there are sponsors and co-sponsors that back 6 bills, then debate, then voting, then the same process in the other chamber, then reconciliation, and then off to the governor's desk.

But, we are more than 5 months out from the beginning of this. DeWine has had plenty of time to engage and cooperate with the legislature. He hasn't because he doesnt have to.

I would prefer that the governor's emergency powers expire 30 days after being invoked. Some have told me it would take 60-90 days for certain emergencies. OK. Let's go with 90. Regardless, we are now way past that and I have had it with Little Mike's mandates. If my reps vote for something, I have the opportunity to have input, and if the gov signs it, then it becomes law - and since I am a law abiding citizen, I would submit to it.

As it is, Little Mike would get better results by mandating that i NOT wear a mask. I would then wear one just to spite him.

The Ohio GOP has become a lawless banana republic-like third world chithole.

The Bribery scandal alone is reason enough to vote them all out. Criminals.

He couldn't get 3 votes in Holmes, and if he could, I would find those people and talk them out of it!

The Left loves autocratic authority when it is leveraged in a way they like. They would be howling if it was being used in a way they didn't like - which says a lot about who Little Mike is philosophically aligned with.

I never voted to give Little Mike the power to hurt my business, protect my health, or meddle in how I live. He has that power under his emergency powers. That's what needs to be looked at.

I understand a gov needing to be able to take action in an emergency. In an alien zombie invasion, things need done quick. The legislature needs to have 15 committee hearings and after reports are submitted, there are sponsors and co-sponsors that back 6 bills, then debate, then voting, then the same process in the other chamber, then reconciliation, and then off to the governor's desk.

But, we are more than 5 months out from the beginning of this. DeWine has had plenty of time to engage and cooperate with the legislature. He hasn't because he doesnt have to.

I would prefer that the governor's emergency powers expire 30 days after being invoked. Some have told me it would take 60-90 days for certain emergencies. OK. Let's go with 90. Regardless, we are now way past that and I have had it with Little Mike's mandates. If my reps vote for something, I have the opportunity to have input, and if the gov signs it, then it becomes law - and since I am a law abiding citizen, I would submit to it.

As it is, Little Mike would get better results by mandating that i NOT wear a mask. I would then wear one just to spite him.
Holmes. LOL.

Some of these guys are taking zero risk bc they’re going to be re-elected just bc they have an R behind their name. This is stupid, look at DeWine’s response compared to the Governor of almost every other Midwest/Great Lakes state. He’s done a good job in the face of very, very, very difficult circumstances.

Some of these guys are taking zero risk bc they’re going to be re-elected just bc they have an R behind their name. This is stupid, look at DeWine’s response compared to the Governor of almost every other Midwest/Great Lakes state. He’s done a good job in the face of very, very, very difficult circumstances.
I read that the sponsor, Rep Becker of Clermont Co, is term-limited and is not seeking any new office. While you cant say he is doing it for political support, you could say that it's an easy thing for him to do because there are no political consequences.

This thing has an almost zero chance of conviction, but it sure makes some Ohioans happy that the governor's abuses of power, as we see them, have been formalized and are being talked about.

I suspect we are going to see a constitutional amendment on the ballot in a few years that limits the governors emergency powers to 90 days.

I read that the sponsor, Rep Becker of Clermont Co, is term-limited and is not seeking any new office. While you cant say he is doing it for political support, you could say that it's an easy thing for him to do because there are no political consequences.

This thing has an almost zero chance of conviction, but it sure makes some Ohioans happy that the governor's abuses of power, as we see them, have been formalized and are being talked about.

I suspect we are going to see a constitutional amendment on the ballot in a few years that limits the governors emergency powers to 90 days.
Same with the president

This bothers me. While DeWine has made mistakes, he’s been infinitely better than Governors in MI, IL, PA, WI, and MN. He’s at an age where this is his last political position. None of what he’s doing is posturing for a Cabinet position in the White House, but that’s exactly what you see out the low lives in these other states. Be grateful for what he’s done, it would’ve been far easier to follow the pack.

This bothers me. While DeWine has made mistakes, he’s been infinitely better than Governors in MI, IL, PA, WI, and MN. He’s at an age where this is his last political position. None of what he’s doing is posturing for a Cabinet position in the White House, but that’s exactly what you see out the low lives in these other states. Be grateful for what he’s done, it would’ve been far easier to follow the pack.
When the president refused to have a national plan or strategyand ignored his own experts recommendations the job fell to the governors. I honestly believe DeWine has done his best to balance the medical/health with the best interest of Ohioans. He is not politicizing it or trying to score points or grift off it. Meanwhile the criminals in the GOP house are trying to impeach him b/c they have some radical anti-science anti-government beliefs aas they shakedown Energy companies and lobbyiest for millions of dollars. There should be a reckoning in OHIO and it is not DeWine.

Last edited:
Whitmer in Michigan has been especially horrible. She’s killing her state to get a position in Biden’s cabinet.