Reid Anderson

dane pound

Hello all, I'm a UAlbany alum and fan. I was happy to see that Albany has signed St. Edward's Reid Anderson for next year. I've had a tough time finding stats and information about him and was wondering if you guys know where I can find some. We usually enjoy following the progress of our recruits. Any information you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

dane pound said:
Hello all, I'm a UAlbany alum and fan. I was happy to see that Albany has signed St. Edward's Reid Anderson for next year. I've had a tough time finding stats and information about him and was wondering if you guys know where I can find some. We usually enjoy following the progress of our recruits. Any information you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reid went for 23 points last night and hit 3 three's. You can find some updates on him and the team in the Yappi high school basketball section under the thread: St. Edward 2005-06.

dane pound said:

Dane pound,

More From The Plain Dealer | Subscribe To The Plain Dealer

Eagles withstand late pressure, turn away Mustangs

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Eddie Dwyer
Plain Dealer Reporter

St. Edward's all-district senior guard Reid Anderson said he and his teammates learned a lot from Friday night's home loss to St. Vincent-St. Mary, a game that saw the Eagles squander a seven-point lead in the fourth quarter.

What the Eagles learned, said Anderson, came to the fore Tuesday night.

St. Edward, withstanding several runs from a talented Strongsville team, turned back the visiting Mustangs, 78-71, in a matchup of two of the top 10 boys basketball teams in The Plain Dealer's seven-county coverage area.

"We learned a lot about ourselves, taking care of the ball and finishing the game strong," Anderson said after he combined with Eagles standout sophomore post Delvon Roe for 48 points, including a game-high 25 from Roe. "Strongsville did a good job using some of the [pressure] stuff St. V did. But tonight, we held strong and played as a team."

St. Edward (4-1), ranked ninth in The Plain Dealer Top 25, came out strong and built a 16-point lead early in the second quarter.

But fifth-ranked Strongsville (4-1), behind the hustle of post players Tim Kamczyc and Nick Bendzuck and guards Kyle Brown, Nate Korinchak and Kyle Cobb, closed to 40-36 by halftime.

A driving one-hander by Brown and Cobb's fourth 3-pointer gave Strongsville a 41-40 lead with one minute gone in the third quarter. A 6-4 senior, Brown scored 14 of his team-high 21 points in the second half and Cobb finished with 17 points.

"I told the kids the No. 1 yardstick I've always used is how hard did you play the game," said Mustangs veteran coach Joe Lynch. "The only time you hang your head is if you didn't give your best. And they gave their best. Down 16 points over here, a lot of teams would have been on the bus heading home a half hour ago."

Strongsville took a 56-55 lead on a 3-pointer by Brown with 7:12 remaining and, after Brown hit a soft running one-hander, the Mustangs trailed, 63-62, midway through the fourth quarter.

However, at that point, the 6-8 Roe and 6-3 junior forward Kyle Hubbard went strong to the offensive glass. Hubbard's rebound and two free throws and Roe's two follows fueled St. Edward's strong finish. The Eagles pulled away on Anderson's free throw, steal and breakaway layup.

"I'm going to tell you exactly what I just told my guys; state championships, and this has always been our philosophy, are not won in December," said Eagles coach Eric Flannery. "You can lose a state championship in December, if you don't learn from your wins and losses and how to get better. We played a great game tonight, but we still need to learn and to get better."

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

edwyer@plaind.com, 216-999-4677.