Region 1 Championship: St. Edward (12-1) vs. Medina (13-0)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would they be open on Lakota west or springfield…
LW and Springfield can lock down a couple of the Medina WRs, but can they lock down all 5?
Medina's 5 wide-out offense is different including Allar being 7 yards back on the snap compared to any other HS offense. Allar is a P5 QB, who because of his size (6'5", 230#) and arm strength, reminds one of a young Josh Allen. He can make throws that LW and Springfield have not yet seen this year

Last edited:
Honestly I haven't seen those teams play. My confidence is in the 5 WR for Medina and obviously Allar against any one this year. If Eds can't find 30 points this week they will lose. They won't hold Medina to less than that.
Ignatius did and that was with 5 turnovers

And Ignatius wasn't as good as Eds.

Again I could be wrong. Allar is spectacular so Medina has that edge.

LW and Springfield can lock down a couple of the Medina WRs, but can they lock down all 5?
Medina's 5 wide-out offense is different including Allar being 7 yards back on the snap compared to any other HS offense. Allar is a P5 QB, who because of his size (6'5", 230#) and arm strength, reminds one of young Josh Allen. He can make throws that LW and Springfield have not yet seen this year
That arm is something else. Best I've seen going back to 1987.

PDC

you mentioned earlier that Ed’s rolls to a title this year but you have been wrong in the past. Assuming two of those years were when Ed’s lost to Mentor. What were the years? I tend to agree with you, hadn’t not been for Mentors high powered offense, Ed’s is looking at 6 titles in 12 years.

Medina's 5 wide-out offense is different including Allar being 7 yards back on the snap compared to any other HS offense. Allar is a P5 QB, who because of his size (6'5", 230#) and arm strength, reminds one of a young Josh Allen. He can make throws that LW and Springfield have not yet seen this year
It’d be tough allar is ridiculous and likely a future nfl qb. But those two defenses are ridiculous west has the best dbs in the state. While springfield has maybe the fastest defense I’ve seen in a long time. The linebackers could guard the receivers

PDC

you mentioned earlier that Ed’s rolls to a title this year but you have been wrong in the past. Assuming two of those years were when Ed’s lost to Mentor. What were the years? I tend to agree with you, hadn’t not been for Mentors high powered offense, Ed’s is looking at 6 titles in 12 years.
Yeah, I was thinking of those Mentor losses in the playoffs recently.

The Eagles have had a ton of talent since 2010 and it doesn't look to be slowing down any time soon. Easily the premier program in NEO and probably D1.

I don't know much about these two teams this year, but it is clear that Medina has come a long way since it got destroyed 73-38. In one short year they came back and pushed St. Ed's all over the field and won the game. This team is clearly better than last year's team. They are tough on both sides of the ball and don't get too flustered. On defense, Medina is big. They look like they can withstand the Ed's line. Whenever I've watched publics go against Ed's, they are usually outmanned on the line scrimmage. Medina has some big tough guys on the lines, so I think they could be okay there. Allar threw for almost 400 yards against Iggy. That says something. He even became the long snapper at one point in the game. I think Ed's will just come out and try to control clock and keep Allar off the field. If they can sustain long drives and wear down Medina's defense, they will win in a low scoring affair by a couple of scores. If the defense can get off the field and give the ball to Allar, he will light them up. He's the best guy on the field, and he will play like it. But Ed's knows what they have to do to win, and they have the people to do it. Good luck to both schools, and play a safe and competitive game.
They clearly pushed St Ed’s all over the field Ed’s had almost 500 yards rushing and it wasn’t for a missed block and a turnover in the final minute Ed’s wins the game. This is truly a special team Medina has and it will no doubt be a great game. Good Luck to both teams

In your opinion, who has the better D Line? Mentor last year or Ed’s this year?
I think it is more about who has the better front 7. Advantage: St. Ed's. But each team is defending 2 totally different offensives.

Last edited:
They clearly pushed St Ed’s all over the field Ed’s had almost 500 yards rushing and it wasn’t for a missed block and a turnover in the final minute Ed’s wins the game. This is truly a special team Medina has and it will no doubt be a great game. Good Luck to both teams

He didn't say which direction they pushed. Should be a battle. Wish D1 and D2 were on different days. Being from a city, these tend to be the divisions I follow. I would imagine similar for the smaller divisions? If you follow D5 aren't you more likely to follow D6 than D2? Would be nice to be able to put together a weekend package for the regional finals and semis.

Low 30's and the Byers wind tunnel could play a factor in Medina's passing game. Foul weather derailed a few of Mentors playoff runs in the past. This is run to win weather.

Low 30's and the Byers wind tunnel could play a factor in Medina's passing game. Foul weather derailed a few of Mentors playoff runs in the past. This is run to win weather.

Playoff weather for pass heavy teams is always critical. Would like to see this game played in ideal conditions but is what it is. I was already very impressed with the Ed secondary so huge test for Allar/Medina tonight. Good luck!

5-7 mph wins. With an arm like Allar and those wind speeds, wind tunnel or not, he will have no problem throwing it and weather will NOT affect them tonight. The Ed's defense is what he is concerned with. Could be a good one. Let's hope.

5-7 mph wins. With an arm like Allar and those wind speeds, wind tunnel or not, he will have no problem throwing it and weather will NOT affect them tonight. The Ed's defense is what he is concerned with. Could be a good one. Let's hope.
Getting hit and catching balls in this weather is not what Medina is used to. The body tends to stiffen up. But it should be interesting anyhow. It certainly will add an element of uncertainty that will favor Ed's to a degree. What degree is debate-able.

Anyone know if this game will be streamed somewhere besides Spectrum? I am on the wrong side of the state for the Spectrum broadcast.

Getting hit and catching balls in this weather is not what Medina is used to. The body tends to stiffen up. But it should be interesting anyhow. It certainly will add an element of uncertainty that will favor Ed's to a degree. What degree is debate-able.
They certainly didn't have any trouble last year in cold weather vs. Eds and Iggy,

Rain and high winds would be the worst. Or sub zero type wind chills. Neither of those are in Parma tonight. Play ball!!

Parma needs to get their stuff together with the lights, at least 2nd time already.

When did Eds change their color to black?

I do wonder how long Medina can keep winning games with no running game. A 5 wide offense with a dynamic running QB is one thing, but Allar is not that. Maybe it never catches up with them.

Eds looking really stout tonight. Medina better make some adjustments or it's curtains for the Bees.
You told us no one can cover the 5 Medina WRs and that they would be the best on most programs around the state. EDs is doing fine tonight.

I told you Ignatius blew a number of coverages that led to 2 Medina TDs.

You told us no one can cover the 5 Medina WRs and that they would be the best on most programs around the state. EDs is doing fine tonight.

I told you Ignatius blew a number of coverages that led to 2 Medina TDs.
From my lips to God's ears. I've watched a lifetimes worth of high school football in my life and I thought that Medina would put up way more offense tonight. Just goes to show you that none of know everything that goes on game nights.

This is the second time I’ve seen St. Ed’s play this year and both times they’ve worn black uniforms with the traditional yellow helmets.

Have the school colors changed from the traditional green and yellow to black and yellow?

This is the second time I’ve seen St. Ed’s play this year and both times they’ve worn black uniforms with the traditional yellow helmets.

Have the school colors changed from the traditional green and yellow to black and yellow?
No it’s the stupid Nike sponsored uniforms