recruitment or coaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vox Crusada said:
...unsubstantiated trash. You could barely contain your glee when you thought you had some dirt to stir up after camp at John Carrol this summer. How sick is that? I for one, will be glad when you stop posting the things you post against the coaching staff. Do something about it or just go away. Your just one of the "gutless bastards" that Beerman used to rant against.
Unsubstantiated? I have plenty from parents and players to back my statements. You just don't want to admit it. Again you turn to name calling and "hard " talk because you know that what I am saying is true.

As far a s comments about parents not confronting Crable about it in person it is because they fear the repercussions against their sons if they do confront him. Like I said this discussion is going no where because you will never admit the shortcomings he has exhibited.

MoeDude said:
Unsubstantiated? I have plenty from parents and players to back my statements. You just don't want to admit it. Again you turn to name calling and "hard " talk because you know that what I am saying is true.

As far a s comments about parents not confronting Crable about it in person it is because they fear the repercussions against their sons if they do confront him. Like I said this discussion is going no where because you will never admit the shortcomings he has exhibited.
If what Crable is doing is so destructive that you have to get on here and publicize it and parents sit in the stands and whine and moan about it, and you and these parents are too afraid to confront Crable about it, then you and they are ALL gutless bastards. Weigh what's in the best interests of your kids, and get with the program or get the heck out! Not hard talk, just a dose of sally reality.

Originally posted by MoeDude
you will never admit the shortcomings he has exhibited.
Originally posted by Vox Crusada:

I have said many times that Crable's irascible style is a weakness.

I feel some players have been mis-managed.

Are you familiar with the concept of debate, MoeDude? Your superlative assertion has been completely refuted. Never say never.

Crable has been confronted and it has gone in one ear and out the other.

I stand corrected, you made one short statement about the mishandling of some athletes and one half hearted comment about his irascible style. The truth is he has mishandled more than "some".

And again you refute to name calling and then want to talk about the concepts of debating?

Another thing I find a bit humorous is that you would love for me to go away. How perfect challenge MoeDude to shut up so that this will all go away.

It won't go away and I just pray that some young football player does not suffer permanent health damage from the antics that go on at camp.

Again, there are two stories coming out of camp. One side says the face mask grabbing and other drills that lead to dehydration were not that serious while some others were saying it was as bad as it sounded. Without a tape I guess we will never truly know for sure.

Like I said before there is a great devide at Moeller right now and it all begins and ends in the Coaching office.

Last edited:
MoeDude said:
Crable has been confronted and it has gone in one ear and out the other.
I'd love to hear this account of your man to man talk with Coach Crable about what you perceive are his shortcomings. Do tell!

MoeDude said:
Like I said before there is a great devide at Moeller right now and it all begins and ends in the Coaching office.
It all should begin and end in the Coaching office, but gutless b*st*rd parents and gutless b*st*rd Yappi mods have it in the stands and on the internet!

MoeDude said:
It won't go away and I just pray that some young football player does not suffer permanent health damage from the antics that go on at camp.
Gee, it's all so dangerous, but these kids parents are STILL TOO AFRAID to confront Crable. Wow, that is gutless!

Again your style of debating is amazing. When you run out of valid points to make you turn to degradation and name calling. :rolleyes: As for my conversations with Crable, you will never know what was said or not said because you could never listen with a balanced view.

So tell us what exactly is your relationship with Coach Crable? You act like this is something personal against you. I haven't attacked you personally like you have attacked me and other posters who have expressed their feelings about Crable.

If my posts against Crable appear personal they very well may be. You have no idea what the total story is all about yet you will continue to support his abusive manner. You are the one who needs to look a little closer at your devotion to this man.

Vox Crusada said:
Gee, it's all so dangerous, but these kids parents are STILL TOO AFRAID to confront Crable. Wow, that is gutless!
Hopefully, before all these fine young men die, MoeDude's internet campaign on the Moeller Forum of Yappi will be successful in getting Coach Crable removed. MoeDude is like our very own version of Cindy Sheehan.

No the gutlessness lies with a man who was reckless and out of control as a teenager and now declares himself the saviour of this generation. Like I said, its only a matter of time before something serious happens to one of the players under him. I firmly believe he is a Woody Hayes waiting to happen.

Vox Crusada said:
Hopefully, before all these fine young men die, MoeDude's internet campaign on the Moeller Forum of Yappi will be successful in getting Coach Crable removed. MoeDude is like our very own version of Cindy Sheehan.
Wow, you really do have a problem of your own. What I am trying to prevent is just this possibility. You are just too obsessed to understand that. You are just as bad as Coach Crable to even make fun of such a tragic possibility.

The ironic part is it just proves how crazy this whole situation has become. That a Crable supporter would even joke about this type of tragedy shows that they have a warped sense of "toughness". :dang:

MoeDude said:
As for my conversations with Crable, you will never know what was said or not said because you could never listen with a balanced view.
If my posts against Crable appear personal they very well may be. You have no idea what the total story is all about yet you will continue to support his abusive manner.
MoeDude, my point is valid. What possible repercussion could be so great as to cause a parent to allow their child to suffer "health threatening" conditions without doing something about it. This is the case YOU have presented, the claim YOU have made. How is this not gutless on the part of the parent or parents. If my kid were being subjected to this "health threatening" abuse, no power in the world would stop me from protecting him. I think you are full of it, and just out to destroy Crable. I don't know why you are doing this.
I also think it's convenient that you now imply that you have had confrontational conversations with Crable in which you have addressed your concerns. I think you are full of it on this matter also.
As I read the last line I copied of your post, I'm thinking Crable must have kicked your when he was younger. LOL. Forgive and forget, MoeDude. That's what Jesus would do.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Again, when someone begins to lose a debate they defer to personal attacks and sarcasm. You started doing that several posts ago. :rolleyes:

I am not trying to destroy Crable. I am only pointing out where the shortcomings are that need to be addressed. I guess in your eyes its OK for him destroy a few young men as long as he keeps moving toward a state title. In the long run I don't thin his style will win a state title. What I find sad is that many like you are willing to overlook some of the abuses because you believe he will bring a state title back to Moeller.
:Ohno:

Great debate but I side with Moedude on these issues. Brought this up a few weeks ago after watching a game that one of these days Crable’s going snap and it’s not going to be pretty. In today’s time the need to get physical with a player to motivate or get your point across in front of thousands of people or any other time is just a plain lack of self control by a person in a leadership position. That type of behavior can’t be excused away as old school, tough love, or I’ll treat your son like my son, but you may not like how I treat my own son. It sends the wrong message period. People at Moeller are paid to evaluate his performance and it is their responsibility to ensure coach Crable follows the guidelines. So I don’t think I need to grab my torch and lead a mob to his office door.

I do agree that Moe’s record has improved each year from when Crable started. But if you only care about wins and losses he may be the man. But if you care about Moe being a top program in the state and a return to the Moeller community, then I think the jury’s still out. We all bleed Blue & Gold here, but as a community we are all over the map.

MoeDude said:
Again, when someone begins to lose a debate they defer to personal attacks and sarcasm. You started doing that several posts ago. :rolleyes:

I am not trying to destroy Crable. I am only pointing out where the shortcomings are that need to be addressed. I guess in your eyes its OK for him destroy a few young men as long as he keeps moving toward a state title. In the long run I don't thin his style will win a state title. What I find sad is that many like you are willing to overlook some of the abuses because you believe he will bring a state title back to Moeller.
:Ohno:

Let me get this straight since your the moderator of this forum, that also makes you the deciding factor on who is winning this debate.

Again, your PERSONAL, bias against Crable weighs down every argument you have against this guy.

Every football season, you bring up the same old tired argument, and every year the team improves.

Will the real moderator, Crusader3, shut down this topic. It serves no purpose.

MoeDude said:
No the gutlessness lies with a man who was reckless and out of control as a teenager and now declares himself the saviour of this generation. Like I said, its only a matter of time before something serious happens to one of the players under him. I firmly believe he is a Woody Hayes waiting to happen.
Being compared to Woody Hayes is no insult. All Woody Hayes did was push an opposing player when he was taunting the Buckeyes on the Buckeyes bench, out of bounds. What Woody Hayes did hardly rises to the level of threat you have claimed Crable poses to these young men's health. Crable has destroyed no young men as you claim, and I guarantee you, hundreds of his players will claim he made them better men. You are so full of hatred and animosity toward Crable you can't even think straight.

MoeDude said:
Wow, you really do have a problem of your own. What I am trying to prevent is just this possibility. You are just too obsessed to understand that. You are just as bad as Coach Crable to even make fun of such a tragic possibility.

The ironic part is it just proves how crazy this whole situation has become. That a Crable supporter would even joke about this type of tragedy shows that they have a warped sense of "toughness". :dang:
The joke is your claims that Moeller football players are being subjected to life threatening abuse. I'm making a mockery of your outlandish claims. I guess all the professiuonals involved in the Moeller program are part of this conspiracy to kill these young men. Team doctors, trainers, clergy, administration. Because if what you say is true, they are all guilty. Fact is, you are full of it, and none of these fine men are at risk.

OldSchool76 said:
Let me get this straight since your the moderator of this forum, that also makes you the deciding factor on who is winning this debate.

Being a moderator has nothing to do with deciding who is winning a debate. When someone in a debate defers to name calling and attempts at making fun of the person they are debating shows that they are losing in expressing intelligent points of view. No where did I use my status as a moderator to edit, delete or manipulate posts made by Vox Crusada.

Again, your PERSONAL, bias against Crable weighs down every argument you have against this guy.

Your nose is so far up Crable's it weighs down any defense you may attempt to counter with so I guess we are even.

Every football season, you bring up the same old tired argument, and every year the team improves.

This is an intersting argument Crable backers bring up a lot. I did some checking and here are some interesting FACTS. In 1995 under Coach Klonne Moeller went 5-5. The five seasons after 1995 Moeller's record was as follows:

9-3 1-1 in the playoffs and 2-1 in the GCL
12=2 3-1 in the playoffs as state runner-up and 3-0 GCL champs.
7-3 2-1 in the GCL
6-5 0-1 in the playoffs and 1-2 in the GCL
9-2 0-1 with a disappointing loss to Fairfield in the playoffs and 2-1 in the GCL.

In Crable's first year he went 5-5 and here is his record since:

7-4 0-1 in playoffs, 1-2 in the GCL
8-4 1-1 in playoffs, 2-1 in the GCL
10-3 2-1 in playoffs, 2-1 in the GCL
Currently 4-2 and 0-1 in the GCL. Could very well end up at 6-4 and out of the playoffs.

So in the 5 years after going 5-5 in 1995 Moeller was in the state finals and won the GCL one year and shared the GCL title another year.

IN Crable's 4 years after going 5-5 he has yet to win the GCL title and has progressed to the Regional finals once but lost.

I question whether the Crable era is any better than the teams of the late 1990's

The only area that may have improved is the attitude and some of the unsportsmanlike activity that started rearing its ugly head the last couple years before Crable took over.

I will applaud Crable for cleaning up some of that stuff. But outside of that I think there is room for argument that the team has really improved.

Moeller has a lot of pride in its program and there is a lot of tradition. That tradition alone will make Moeller competitive. But I believe one could actually make an argument that under Crable they have actually come up short in their performances because of the way the team has been coached. Losing to Anderson is just one example of what I am stating.

Will the real moderator, Crusader3, shut down this topic. It serves no purpose.

There are three moderators on here and I believe we do a good job with this forum. The three of us don't always agree with things but we have handled differences in a constructive manner.

As for this thread serving no purpose, it is airing out two different points of view in regards to how Moeller's team is being coached. It just so happens you don't like to hear about the problems that exist. Maybe if you would quit sucking up so much and step back a bit you might realize that there are some serious issues that need to be dealt with and until they are Moeller will not win another state title. But you and folks like Vox Crusada are too biased in your own viewpoints to understand that point.

Pushed the kid? Woody punched the kid. It doesn’t matter what the kid did. Person in leadership position lost control. Crable needs to spend more time focusing on coaching football then trying to make more men in his own mold. Stop trying to save the world and do what Marvin says. Do your job!

MoeDude, you continue to ignore my point about the parents of these kids who are supposedly being "abused" as you claim. If their kids are being "abused" why are they still in the program? If their lives are being endangered as you claim, why aren't the parents doing something about it. I think you are full of it, and your continuing to ignore this portion of the argument pretty much proves that you are full of it. No reasonable parent would allow their child to be subjected to life threatening situations without doing something about it. It ain't happening. For you to continue to make these claims really undermines your position as a Moderator. But then, Yappi doesn't really care for Moeller anyway, so I'm not surprised.

Vox Crusada said:
The joke is your claims that Moeller football players are being subjected to life threatening abuse. I'm making a mockery of your outlandish claims. I guess all the professiuonals involved in the Moeller program are part of this conspiracy to kill these young men. Team doctors, trainers, clergy, administration. Because if what you say is true, they are all guilty. Fact is, you are full of it, and none of these fine men are at risk.

Vox, to this day no one has come forth to the AD to complain about Coach Crable. If someone had a son that was being abused and didn't come forward to stop then the parent should be held just as responsible. At the JC camp there were some allegations but no one came forward. Afterward the AD talked to the people at the camp including many parents and the stories were deemed just that....stories.

I do agree that this topic has no purpose, and can only hurt the team having read where this has gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.