RECRUITING!!!!

It is irrelevant where I was on January 6 2021.

the data on injuries suffered in high school football by minors is kept a big secret and it's a disgrace.

and I mean a total disgrace. agree or disagree ?
Pretty sure there are studies on injuries, especially about concussions, in HS sports. Youth too.

Specific information about individuals is of course protected.

Pretty sure there are studies on injuries, especially about concussions, in HS sports. Youth too.

Specific information about individuals is of course protected.
Pretty sure?

and there is no reason to conceal specific information about individuals except to conceal abuse by staff .

the minors have no protection whatsoever except for parents who are often intimidated.

there is no third party looking after the welfare of the minors who are being exploited and told to play with pain.

Pretty sure?

and there is no reason to conceal specific information about individuals except to conceal abuse by staff .

the minors have no protection whatsoever except for parents who are often intimidated.

there is no third party looking after the welfare of the minors who are being exploited and told to play with pain.
Yes, I have seen them. You can try Google if you really want to know.

Actually, there is a law about sharing information about individuals health information.

Who are parents intimidated by?

Their parents or guardians should be looking after their kids welfare.

Yes, I have seen them. You can try Google if you really want to know.

Actually, there is a law about sharing information about individuals health information.

Who are parents intimidated by?

Their parents or guardians should be looking after their kids welfare.

yeah the corrupts love to hide behind HIPAA.

its a total disgrace to allow this information to be secret

it's abuse of the kids who have no protection really.

their parents don't want to cross the coaches because they know they'll get blackballed.

it should be a condition for eligibility to waive HIPAA for all injuries and treatments applied resulting from the sport. ALL.

then the corrupt sons of beaches couldn't hide behind it and have team doctor apply pain killers, etc and while they are at it, all athletes should sign waivers for random drug testing.

Last edited:
oh the coaching profession are saints. Yeah.

most of them are scumbags. half are pedos.
MV5BMTU1MjAxMDg1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTM1ODQyOTE@._V1_UY1200_CR885,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

No. Just sane.
that's very debateable.

the only thing I know is that you haven't actually refuted anything.

do you not think it to be a disgrace that injuries to minors and medical interventions to force injured minors to participate and "play with pain" concealed by secrecy is a disgrace?

Only the insane think otherwise

What does this have to do with your original argument?

That the coaching profession is not immune from corruption, basically which relates directly to exploitation of minors and recruiting them, to exploit them for corrupt purposes, pedophilia being only ONE of the corrupt purposes, etc.

That the coaching profession, and youth athletics, is not immune from corruption and exploitation of minors for corrupt purposes, pedophilia being just one of the corrupt motives to recruit minor athletes
Clearly, that is the case. I can site numerous issues with USA swimming, gymnastics, wrestling etc of coaches acting improperly (curiously almost always in situations where parents are kept at arms length but that is for a different discussion) All at a high level. But so what? There are literally thousands of coaches that are coaching for the right reasons as a means of service to their athletes AND what does this argument have to do with high schools recruiting and whether it is understandable and ethical? I am puzzled by the rabbit hole you went down.

Clearly, that is the case. I can site numerous issues with USA swimming, gymnastics, wrestling etc of coaches acting improperly (curiously almost always in situations where parents are kept at arms length but that is for a different discussion) All at a high level. But so what? There are literally thousands of coaches that are coaching for the right reasons as a means of service to their athletes AND what does this argument have to do with high schools recruiting and whether it is understandable and ethical? I am puzzled by the rabbit hole you went down.

High schools recruiting for what purpose? It has not been shown what benefit is gained by a public school district recruiting athletes.

and don't say "its the $6,000 in State funding that follows the athlete"

It isn't the Superintendent of Schools going out and recruiting athletes. He or she has important things to do.

Who is it that recruits athletes, and for what purpose?

No, that was your weird answer.

Then bless us with your wisdom, with the understanding that the $6,000 of funding that follows any transfer is not the purpose, cannot be the benefit to the school district..

No school system depends on transfers in to maintain fiscal integrity: if any does, that district is in BIG trouble if it is fishing for minnows to balance its budget.

Then bless us with your wisdom, with the understanding that the $6,000 of funding that follows any transfer is not the purpose, cannot be the benefit to the school district..

No school system depends on transfers in to maintain fiscal integrity: if any does, that district is in BIG trouble if it is fishing for minnows to balance its budget.
I think winbypin and hippydippy need to go grab a beer.
I thought this was the “my kid wasn’t good enough at soccer to be recruited by Moeller thread?”

I think winbypin and hippydippy need to go grab a beer.
I thought this was the “my kid wasn’t good enough at soccer to be recruited by Moeller thread?”
I will pass. Besides, he might be into something harder than I like.

It clearly won't do any good so I won't try again.

Have a good day hippy dippy

It clearly won't do any good so I won't try again.

Have a good day hippy dippy
I'll take that as your concession that you agree that there is no benefit to any public school district to recruit students based on their athletic ability.

I'll take that as your concession that you agree that there is no benefit to any public school district to recruit students based on their athletic ability.
No, not a concession. Just don't feel like talking in circles again and then you jumping the shark again.

Haven’t been on in a while. Interesting the recruiting topic still discussed. Though veered off course a bit but I guess thats what these forums are for. I have read most of the newer comments. You don’t have to agree but coaches going and taking kids from other HS just to get more W’s is wrong. Especially when these kids get tuition breaks just to come play a silly HS sport. These kids aren’t going pro. Those kids are identified early on. It’s warped sense of thinking on school/coaches part and it’s a warped sense of thinking on the kid being recruited parents part. The focus should be on education. And people who know, know education is not the draw with what goes on with the school in question. Good education but thats not the premise these kids from other HS’s are being sold on. They are being asked to go there for one purpose. Win more games. If you knew you wouldn’t try to defend it. That’s not what HS should be about. Again, warped sense of thinking. The state rules may allow this garbage to go on but it shouldn’t. Problem with the world today IMO. No ethics or standards. Plenty people see the hypocrisy of it. And not just the players and parents of the school.

Haven’t been on in a while. Interesting the recruiting topic still discussed. Though veered off course a bit but I guess thats what these forums are for. I have read most of the newer comments. You don’t have to agree but coaches going and taking kids from other HS just to get more W’s is wrong. Especially when these kids get tuition breaks just to come play a silly HS sport. These kids aren’t going pro. Those kids are identified early on. It’s warped sense of thinking on school/coaches part and it’s a warped sense of thinking on the kid being recruited parents part. The focus should be on education. And people who know, know education is not the draw with what goes on with the school in question. Good education but thats not the premise these kids from other HS’s are being sold on. They are being asked to go there for one purpose. Win more games. If you knew you wouldn’t try to defend it. That’s not what HS should be about. Again, warped sense of thinking. The state rules may allow this garbage to go on but it shouldn’t. Problem with the world today IMO. No ethics or standards. Plenty people see the hypocrisy of it. And not just the players and parents of the school.

Here here!

You've nailed it. Coaches exploit kids for Coach's benefit, not for kid, not for school district, in fact they screw over the family that has been in the school district and had their kid in the "system" for years, who is displaced by the recruit.

This teaches the kid that loyalty and hard work mean nothing, when the Coach will bring in mercenaries for Coach's benefit,

The biggest problem is the brain dead public who think their high school football team is a professional club and stand idly by, allowing the insult to their neighbor.

Warped is exactly right.

Last edited: