Rank Ohio's D-1 Teams

OhioBobcatFan06

With a couple of games under our belts, lets see where you have everyone...

1. Ohio State 7-0 (win vs. Wright State)
2. Xavier 5-0 (win vs. Miami)
3. Cleveland State 6-1 (win at Kent State)
4. Kent State 3-1 (loss vs. Cleveland State)
5. Ohio 4-1
6. BGSU 4-2
7 (T). Cincinnati 4-2 (win vs. Miami)
7 (T). Akron 3-3
9. Dayton 5-2 (loss at Miami)
10. Miami 2-3 (win vs. Dayton, loss at Xavier, loss at Cincy)
11. Toledo 5-1
12. Wright State 2-4 (loss at Ohio State)
13. Youngstown State 4-1

YSU, Toledo and Akron were the toughest for me to place. Akron looks like 2 different teams this year (beating Miss State, then losing 3 of the last 4), while Toledo and YSU haven't really played anyone. BG doesn't really feel right where they are (too high), but they've lost to two tough teams and have a decent win against Temple.

Xavier and OSU are way up right now compared to everyone, but CSU and Kent might give them a go. Ohio could potentially be grouped with those two (with the only loss very close at Louisville), but I want to see more first. Cincy can also jump if they show well their next two games... That loss to Presbyterian is a baffling one...

Thoughts?

Ohio State

A bunch of mid-majors and UC

Ohio State

Xavier

osu
X

UC
CSU
KSU

everyone else

This is lazy.

Right now I'll go with:
1. Ohio State
2. Xavier
3. Cleveland State
4. Kent State
5. Dayton
6. Ohio
7. Cincinnati
8. Bowling Green
9. Akron
10. Miami
11. Toledo
12. Youngstown State
13. Wright State

Let's revisit this when everyone has entered conference play.

29. Buffalo's not a bad team. I know Dayton also lost to Miami, but I'm not discrediting beating a resurgent Wake team and Minnesota.

I thought it was 30. To Buffalo.

So Dayton>UC even though Dayton gets smashed by Buffalo and losses to Miami, a team UC beat? Logical.

I thought it was 30. To Buffalo.

So Dayton>UC even though Dayton gets smashed by Buffalo and losses to Miami, a team UC beat? Logical.
UC beat Miami at home. Dayton lost to Miami at Miami, and it took OT.

Using that logic, Ohio is clearly ahead of UC, seeing that Ohio beat a Marshall team that UC lost too... (And Ohio beat them on the road too...)

Of course there is, but it's still basketball. Not sure how it's apples and oranges. Seems kind of stupid to call it that.
My point is that it's not enough alone to base your argument on. Certainly it is a factor, but too much else plays into it to point to one result against one common opponent and end your argument there.