Rail Strike

I live in a community near a rail yard. I have many friends and family that work for or are retired out of the railroads. The pay is great but they work them to death.

I understand the economic part but I also believe they should be able to strike like any other bargaining unit. I mean we let nurses strike and that’s life and death so why not rail roads.

Lets be real if the union strikes it won’t last for long.

I live in a community near a rail yard. I have many friends and family that work for or are retired out of the railroads. The pay is great but they work them to death.

I understand the economic part but I also believe they should be able to strike like any other bargaining unit. I mean we let nurses strike and that’s life and death so why not rail roads.

Lets be real if the union strikes it won’t last for long.
I don't know if they will strike or not but just like covid the economy trumps everything, some pols like DeSantis and others get that, while you liberals don't have a clue.

Like I said you don't have a clue. Nothing is more important than the economy, not covid and not a strike. Got to keep those trains a rolling.
Lots of things are more important than economics to most people. I wont say nobody puts money above everything but most do not. For most, health and quality of life are more important. This is especially true of the younger generations. That is why Pubs need to pay attention to the future voters.

Holy chit... I just heard on WTTE that FJB got involved in the rail strike and now they’re getting 14% raises dating back to 2020 and an additional 24% pay raise into 2024.
He’s a effing idiot!

Another BIden won. LGB!!!!
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mammoth Screen

Getting people to talk and avert a rail strike is actually an excellent example of why you don’t want to hand “governance“ to a grievance cult gathered around the word “NO”.
Or, you stick your nose into something for political gain. When is the next election?

Why is average workers getting better pay and working conditions such a bad thing?? is getting those type raises.
The blue collar workers aren’t getting anything close to these values...maybe half. Why are rail workers special to Joe? Unions, right?
Who’s going to pay these skyrocketing wages?
Think Warren Buffet will “eat” the increases?
How does inflation decrease with these type of raises?

Holy chit... I just heard on WTTE that FJB got involved in the rail strike and now they’re getting 14% raises dating back to 2020 and an additional 24% pay raise into 2024.
He’s a effing idiot!

I know a couple people working for the railroads ...... they can declare 1 day off in an upcoming month
( saw that 1 day comment on the news also )

That kind of dedication is worthy of some kind of increase !

if Taco Bell hires in at $14 / hour plus - Bring it on !!!

Biden CAVES to rail unions to avoid catastrophic strike and hands out immediate $11K bonus and a 24% wage increase - amid fears industrial action would have cost economy $2B per day​

• Biden said on Thursday that a 'tentative' deal has been reached between US freight rail companies and unions
  • It averts a potentially devastating strike costing $2B per day before the pivotal midterm elections
  • Workers will get a salary increase of 24% through 2024 and an immediate average lump sum of $11,000
  • Biden hailed the deal for avoiding a shutdown and as a win for all sides
I'm in the wrong business.

Are you familiar with Bellevue, OH? The poster you’re responding to lives close to it.
Good for him a lot of people have tough jobs that's why they call it work. There are plenty of people in this country that work rapid rotation, days than nights, every other weekend 12 hr. shifts, I know because I did it myself. These hefty pay raises lead to higher inflation which in turn will lead to a recession and those high paying jobs will be gone, I am sure you liberals will be dancing in the streets when that happens.

Biden CAVES to rail unions to avoid catastrophic strike and hands out immediate $11K bonus and a 24% wage increase - amid fears industrial action would have cost economy $2B per day​

• Biden said on Thursday that a 'tentative' deal has been reached between US freight rail companies and unions
  • It averts a potentially devastating strike costing $2B per day before the pivotal midterm elections
  • Workers will get a salary increase of 24% through 2024 and an immediate average lump sum of $11,000
  • Biden hailed the deal for avoiding a shutdown and as a win for all sides
I'm in the wrong business.
Crazy!!!

The fact is, if the strike had happened at midnight, the same people would be blasting Biden for allowing it to occur.
Why blast Biden? I'm not sure why the govt. is bailing out the industry. Are railroads private entities or government owned. I thought the negotiations were between the union and the businesses.