R.I.P. Medina Coach Milt Place

My condolences to Milt's family and the entire Medina cross country and track family. I am one of those many thousands of runners who competed in the Medina Cross Country Festival during my HS days.

Milt was one of the good guys. His family, his Medina teams and coaches, and all of those who had the pleasure of knowing Milt are in my thoughts.

Community Memorial for Milt will be held at 2:00 pm on Sunday, August 29th at Ken Dukes Stadium at Medina High School.

As someone remarked at his memorial service last weekend, Milt was the kind of guy who made hundreds of people think they were one of his 5 best friends. Lol...I was one of those hundreds.

I was just searching my contacts lists for someone else and Milt's info popped up. What a stark reminder of how finite our time is on this earth.

Today, be the coach you've always wanted to be. There's no time like the present. Tomorrow may never come.

Good luck this season!

Very fitting. We need to appreciate each day. We need to appreciate all the people around us. And don't wait to thank people. Thank them as soon as the moment arises.

I was just searching my contacts lists for someone else and Milt's info popped up. What a stark reminder of how finite our time is on this earth.

Today, be the coach you've always wanted to be. There's no time like the present. Tomorrow may never come.

Good luck this season!
Thank you, madman.

I bet thousands of people have Milt's number saved, yet he could only manage to save about 36 numbers in his phone over the past decade. Watching him go back and try to find a text from someone whose number he hadn't saved was one of the most frustrating yet comical things to witness!

I've thought about him a lot already this week as we prepare for the Medina "Tom Fasko" Relays. I learned a lot from his "roll with the punches" attitude when it came to hosting a large event.

It's a great reminder to be the coach, today, who you've always wanted to be.

Best of luck.