Quinn Ewers

is leaning toward skipping senior HS year and attending Ohio State.

Crazy times for the sport.
Quit on his team.
Quit on his town.
Quit on his school.

I get it. .he feels he is doing what is best for him. Hope he does well.

But he still quit on his team.

Reactions: y2h
he should also sit out of practices.
So he doestn get hurt.

If I was in that town and school I wouldnt be happy to see a generational player quit on this team.
But he could start cashing in on his name, why risk playing sr. year in H.S. to risk a serious injury.

he should also sit out of practices.
So he doestn get hurt.

If I was in that town and school I wouldnt be happy to see a generational player quit on this team.
Maybe the city should be more upset at the lawmakers for not getting a NIL bill passed

All these butt hurt people. Really? He has a chance to get a quality education (the bounds on this one is up to him), learn the offense and improve. The bonus is if he's improving and mentioned a lot, he could make some money in the process. Good for him. Now we'll see how he manages it all. To be continued........

All these butt hurt people. Really? He has a chance to get a quality education (the bounds on this one is up to him), learn the offense and improve. The bonus is if he's improving and mentioned a lot, he could make some money in the process. Good for him. Now we'll see how he manages it all. To be continued........
Just stating a fact.
He quit on his HS team.

Is there a snap limit in those 4 games? Or could he, conceivably, play 4 total games and then still be redshirted?

He could play every single snap on offense, defense and special teams in those four games and he would still be able to redshirt. On the flip side, he could play 1 single snap in 5 different games and lose the redshirt eligibility.

No thread for NIL and I don’t think it will generate enough discussion to start one and this one will affect Ewers so I’ll put it here.

Ohio State announces a group licensing agreement that will allow players to profit off jersey sales and future video games.

Just stating a fact.
He quit on his HS team.
LOL, lets see possibly make a million dollars sitting on the bench at OSU his frosh year ( could donate some money to his H.S. ) or risk a serious injury and end up making nothing. That is not quitting on your team, it is just good common sense.

Last edited:
LOL, lets see possibly make a million dollars sitting on the bench at OSU his frosh year ( could donate some money to his H.S. ) or risk a serious injury and end up making nothing. That is not quitting on your team, it is just good common sense.
It can be common sense for him, but it is still quitting on his team.

Players quit all the time on their teams, for their own 'good' and come out just fine. Bosa quit on the buckeyes and each year we see many quit on their teams and not play in the bowl games.

One can do what is right for them, but it is still quitting.

It can be common sense for him, but it is still quitting on his team.

Players quit all the time on their teams, for their own 'good' and come out just fine. Bosa quit on the buckeyes and each year we see many quit on their teams and not play in the bowl games.

One can do what is right for them, but it is still quitting.
I don't know if his school had started practice yet or not, if not you can't quit something you did not start . By your logic if parents move to another city and an athlete plays for a new team, I guess that athlete quit on his old team.

Last edited:
Probably going to be 3-4 games this kid could get some snaps between Akron, Tulsa and whatever lower to middle Big Ten teams they inevitably end up plowing, whether it's Michigan State, Nebraska, Purdue or somebody else.

Have a relative that formerly was a head coach at Southlake Carroll in a different sport, and from what I gather it is an extremely rich school and town...the wealthiest town in the DFW metro area to be exact. Some wealthy and powerful individuals didn't whine and cry enough to their local state reps to push to allow this kid and other marketable prep stars to get rich while still playing Texas high school football. This is what they get.

Probably going to be 3-4 games this kid could get some snaps between Akron, Tulsa and whatever lower to middle Big Ten teams they inevitably end up plowing, whether it's Michigan State, Nebraska, Purdue or somebody else.

Have a relative that formerly was a head coach at Southlake Carroll in a different sport, and from what I gather it is an extremely rich school and town...the wealthiest town in the DFW metro area to be exact. Some wealthy and powerful individuals didn't whine and cry enough to their local state reps to push to allow this kid and other marketable prep stars to get rich while still playing Texas high school football. This is what they get.

No

Probably underestimated the lure of NIL money for these athletes, I don't think Ohio H.S. athletes can cash in either till they graduate. Don't know if Ewers will play but I could see him making the most money of any Buckeye athlete when it comes to NIL.

Probably underestimated the lure of NIL money for these athletes, I don't think Ohio H.S. athletes can cash in either till they graduate. Don't know if Ewers will play but I could see him making the most money of any Buckeye athlete when it comes to NIL.
I wonder if they underestimated just how much NIL value the headliners from their rabid prep football state have, and didn't foresee the top yearly recruit or two (especially if QB) being valued in the high 6 figures or more.

This is uncharted territory for everyone, but this is going to become a common situation unless individual states come up with friendlier NIL policies. I wouldn't be surprised if Ewers makes a lot more this year than everyone except whoever ends up as QB1 (Stroud?), and he'll probably make more than him as well.

I don't know if his school had started practice yet or not, if not you can't quit something you did not start . By your logic if parents move to another city and an athlete plays for a new team, I guess that athlete quit on his old team.
Don't be obtuse.
He quit on his team

jesus, why do you care if he quit. you have nothing to do with him or his team and you definitely mean nothing in his life. when he does play for the bucks, you will be cheering him on like everyone else.

jtk
()

N
jesus, why do you care if he quit. you have nothing to do with him or his team and you definitely mean nothing in his life. when he does play for the bucks, you will be cheering him on like everyone else.

jtk
()
No I won't.

he would still be getting ready for his HS season , if Texas let him get that money...
I doubt it, his family has $. IMO, he’s only saying that it’s about NIL so this move doesn’t seem so arrogant. The reality is, he expects to win the job next yr and be the starter in ‘22 & ‘23 and be in the ‘24 Draft.