PTC County

Mogadore and Rootstown will eventually be in the PAC. With Southeast going in the league with West Branch if this is true about Garfield

Mogadore and Rootstown will eventually be in the PAC. With Southeast going in the league with West Branch if this is true about Garfield
Hopefully not true. Long trips for Mogadore and Rootstown. Would hope the MVAC would accept all remaining PTC members. Start a Western group with these 4 and Western Reserve, Waterloo, Jackson Milton and Newton Falls.. 8 team league all reasonably close. Can't imagine Mogadore or Rootstown wanting to drive to Loudenville, Triway, Tuslaw and the others. Closet schools, Manchester, maybe Northwest.

Waterloo left the league to avoid having to play those 4 mainstays, so they will never approve being matched up with them in the same MVAC division, so they would have to be in the other division. Can't imagine Rootstown and Mogadore wanting to go to PAC!

I had heard from Mogadore's principle (this was a few weeks ago so this could have changed) that the plan for the 4 county teams was to stay together. The two best options was MVAC together or staying together and inviting other schools back/to come in (Waterloo, Windham, Field, Springfield, etc).

I had heard from Mogadore's principle (this was a few weeks ago so this could have changed) that the plan for the 4 county teams was to stay together. The two best options was MVAC together or staying together and inviting other schools back/to come in (Waterloo, Windham, Field, Springfield, etc).
Field is crazy not to join a new league with these 4. They already play 3 of the 4 in football and basketball. Big gates, less travel and rival
Waterloo left the league to avoid having to play those 4 mainstays, so they will never approve being matched up with them in the same MVAC division, so they would have to be in the other division. Can't imagine Rootstown and Mogadore wanting to go to PAC!
But yet they play Crestwood in football?? And have Mogadore on basketball schedule??? Their administration needs to rethink the decision made by administration who has since left. Think maybe levies may have better chance if athletic transportation costs would come way down

I also heard that the MVAC may only invite Mogadore if football is not included. So Mogadore could end up independent (at least for awhile) in football and join the MVAC in all other sports.

1. For 2020 who is left in the PTC County?
2. Will the league simply be called the PTC? No need to continue with County.

Why in the world would Garfield leave the PTC if it was going to remain a conference? I have heard so many rumors(all coming from "good" sources) about this subject since the PTC Metro announced it was ending and forming a different conference and that Crestwood was going to the Chagrin Valley. Until something is announced in the press, all bets are off.
I think one thing you can count on is that as long as the PTC remains a conference there is little chance that any of the 4 PCL classics remaining(Garfield, Mogadore, Rootstown and Southeast) will leave.

How are things in Crestwood? I know the coach stepped down. How are the numbers and how is the youth system?

How are things in Crestwood? I know the coach stepped down. How are the numbers and how is the youth system?
The bigger question in the community is WHY are they leaving a Portage County league to join the Chagrin Valley. I know many in that district can't figure this one out. Good luck playing Kirtland...you thought Mogadore was hard to beat!!

The bigger question in the community is WHY are they leaving a Portage County league to join the Chagrin Valley. I know many in that district can't figure this one out. Good luck playing Kirtland...you thought Mogadore was hard to beat!!

From what I heard, the CVC offers sports that the PTC County doesn't compete in, such as swimming. I don't know what other sports though. And the travel isn't THAT much further than it was in the County (Chagrin Falls, Berkshire, Middlefield are within a 30-minute drive from Crestwood)

Swimming?? I dont think Crestwood has that many swimmers to justify a league change. They are giving up years and years of rivalries against schools. Those will not be replaced. Smaller gates too..good luck.

I agree with that. I'm just curious as to what shape the program is in numbers wise and how does the youth system look?

I agree with that. I'm just curious as to what shape the program is in numbers wise and how does the youth system look?

Well, they didn't have enough to field a JV team this year, that coupled with all the seniors they lose and I think next year will be a rough one for them. When you can't pass a levy and have pay-for-play (I could be wrong but I think it is around $800 for football) the numbers coming out is going to take a hit. Not sure about the middle school/youth numbers, but I think most of those teams had pretty decent seasons.
and then you got a coach that leaves because the fans are a bunch of out-of-control cretins.....many of whom I'd be willing to bet have voted no on the levies. If you ask me, this train is running off the rails.

FACTS: County is currently trying to package themselves as a 4 team deal to the MVAC.

Alternative plan is to invite teams such as but not specified to JFK, Field, Springfield Aquinas, etc. and form own league.

OPINION: Although publicly they are presenting themselves as united, I would assume every school has a “me before we” type plan for just themselves.

Crestwood leaving is a bad move. Football will be down next year, levy issues coupled with negative results in athletics will make an already tumultuous place even that much more rocky.

I agree about Field and Springfield they would be a good fit. There are coaches at both schools that would like this to happen. The problem at Field is their Superintendent who lives in Huron Ohio

I agree about Field and Springfield they would be a good fit. There are coaches at both schools that would like this to happen. The problem at Field is their Superintendent who lives in Huron Ohio

I would think it would have to be a job requirement that a superintendent live within at least a certain distance from the school!

Swimming?? I dont think Crestwood has that many swimmers to justify a league change. They are giving up years and years of rivalries against schools. Those will not be replaced. Smaller gates too..good luck.
I'm almost positive they have more members on the swim team than they do on the football team.

Field, Garfield, Mogadore, Rootstown, Southeast, Springfield would be s great start to a new league. Add maybe St. Thomas and 1 other...

-Crestwood is gone.
- Field and Springfield won't leave the metro is crazy as it sounds.
Newton Falls-won't leave there league the Turnbull county rivalries.
It sounds and looks great and I agree would be a great league but won't happen anymore. I think it will be the four that's left and hope to get Aquinas and JFK in the league to make it work for now. More of a band aid not a solution.

I could see the MVAC offering just 1 spot, and garrettsville would be the top candidate due to its location close to Labrae and Champion. Gotta remember going into next year they’ll have tiers of 8 and 7, adding just 1 is the easiest. And while Garfield may want to stay loyal to the other ptc schools, they may have to think about themselves and jump at that opportunity.

I could see the MVAC offering just 1 spot, and garrettsville would be the top candidate due to its location close to Labrae and Champion. Gotta remember going into next year they’ll have tiers of 8 and 7, adding just 1 is the easiest. And while Garfield may want to stay loyal to the other ptc schools, they may have to think about themselves and jump at that opportunity.
Nailed it! Just do the math. I think Garrettsville is doing what Crestwood did in which they can see writing on the wall and is doing what they feel is best.

Have there been any updates on the coaching searches at Coventry, Crestwood or Ravenna? Was surprised to learn about Coach Lunardi stepping down, still haven't seen anything in the paper. Being Athletic Director and Head Football has to be a major challenge.