Princeton recruiting violations

They got off pretty lucky but I guess its tough to punish when the offender is no longer at said school. I wish when I was in trouble in school I could have named my punishment like schools and Universities now do lol

In all honesty, you probably didn't have to reach out to a 6'5 receiver from Colerain, they're probably going to come to you eventually. It was only a matter of time.

I don't know anything about the coach or player involved. However, If I read that right, the kid is getting penalized worse than the school.

Somebody help me out here. Explain to me what this kid did that got him ruled ineligible?
Really!?!?
Did the kid approach a coach at another school? Ask him if he could transfer? Then BAM!!! He’s ineligible!?!?
No way!
Something more than that. Right?
And how was this reported? Did “A” tell “B” and “B” went running to tell “C”, who is an “insider” with the OHSAA??

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the coach or player involved. However, If I read that right, the kid is getting penalized worse than the school.
Agree, would really like to know a little more to this. So you self report and you get to set your own penalty ??‍♂️?‍♂️ But the students/athlete is ineligible for half the season?? I guess I just an not seeing it! At least a post season ban for a year for the school would have been warranted.

Very willing to bet that when asked by OHSAA ....Princeton claimed the coach was "fired due to this" although PR for him is he moved on to a college position....or positions.

Agree, would really like to know a little more to this. So you self report and you get to set your own penalty ??‍♂️?‍♂️ But the students/athlete is ineligible for half the season?? I guess I just an not seeing it! At least a post season ban for a year for the school would have been warranted.
They didn’t exactly self report. It was more one Supe notifying the other to self report or I’m turning you in and I’m giving you until the end of the week to do so.

Somebody help me out here. Explain to me what this kid did that got him ruled ineligible?
Really!?!?
Did the kid approach a coach at another school? Ask him if he could transfer? Then BAM!!! He’s ineligible!?!?
No way!
And how was this reported? Did “A” tell “B” and “B” went running to tell “C”, who is an “insider” with the OHSAA??
Look at a post of mine. I detail how it happened.

Really!?!?
No way!
From another thread
Yea when you take a kid you are illegally recruiting to dinner inside his current school district AND put it out on Twitter while you are there you are just asking for an administrator from the kids current district to wander in to the same restaurant and catch you cheating red handed. Mike is the king of Twitter and this time it cost him and his former district.

So he got nudged! Still self reported
He was told you have x amount of days to find another job before this gets public. We have 5 days to self report before the other district does. You can make it look like you ate leaving on your own or when this gets public snd we have to say we terminated you. This is how it went down.

He was told you have x amount of days to find another job before this gets public. We have 5 days to self report before the other district does. You can make it look like you ate leaving on your own or when this gets public snd we have to say we terminated you. This is how it went down.
At least he was afforded the opportunity to Resign. 3 jobs in 3 months says something about any person, we just don’t know “what” it is.

At least he was afforded the opportunity to Resign. 3 jobs in 3 months says something about any person, we just don’t know “what” it is.

I don't really think it was his choice to leave Army either. It would've been a PR nightmare for West Point to hire someone with Honor Code issues as they try to bounce back from the academic scandal last year.

What will be interesting is whether Cincy area coaches will allow him to recruit their programs? He hasn't exactly made a ton of friends in the area and it wouldn't be unheard of for him to be black balled. And if he can't recruit SWO HS kids, what does he bring to your staff?

Thought you were referring to the Super

I don't really think it was his choice to leave Army either. It would've been a PR nightmare for West Point to hire someone with Honor Code issues as they try to bounce back from the academic scandal last year.

What will be interesting is whether Cincy area coaches will allow him to recruit their programs? He hasn't exactly made a ton of friends in the area and it wouldn't be unheard of for him to be black balled. And if he can't recruit SWO HS kids, what does he bring to your staff?
He has not endeared himself to the coaches in the area is an understatement. I have some information on what happened at West Point but until I know it’s 100% true I won’t put it out here.