4. Anderson
5. Talawanda
6. Kings
7. Butler
8. Sycamore
9. Lakota East
10. Beavercreek

any disagreements?

Guess I'm in the minority here.. but I'll take Mason 6th and certainly in the top 10. And I also like Talawanda ahead of Anderson with the former having 4 solid swimmers in each sprint stroke (good relays).

Last edited:
My top teams at SW District for next year are:

1. St X
2. Moeller
3. Centerville
4. Anderson
5. Talawanda
6. Kings
7. Butler
8. Sycamore
9. Lakota East
10. Beavercreek

any disagreements?
Agree with your top 6, but then

7. Sycamore
8. Beavercreek
9. Butler
10. Lakota West

Agree with your top 6, but then

7. Sycamore
8. Beavercreek
9. Butler
10. Lakota West

I confess to being a bit surprised Dutchman. Do you really think that Hancher, Pohlmann and Cope, respectively, will each outscore the entire Mason team? Mason will also have faster free relays than any of those schools. I have no idea who on Lakota West is going to score with McNamara and Raker graduated... I assume you meant Lakota East with McDonald and Josh Enrico outscoring the entire Mason squad as well? Just speculating way in advance I know but...

I talked to Cooper a few days ago and he seems to be a bright young man that is very mature for his age. It seemed like I was talking to senior rather than a freshman. He's very excited to be back at Moeller and he is anxious for the season to start. He told me that he was working on improving his sprint freestyle for the Moeller relays. Very good news to here for a Moeller fan:banana:

Not sure what you mean by inside information, but the principals are voting on it along with the revised competitive balance proposal now. The voting will conclude Wednesday and the results will be announced Thursday. If the revised transfer rule does not pass, then more and more of the transfer rulings will be litigated. Most judges who have reviewed the 1 year ban have found it to be too onerous. That's why the OHSAA has put forth the revised rule. The expectation is that the courts will be less likely to intervene when a student does not lose an entire season.

Not sure what you mean by inside information, but the principals are voting on it along with the revised competitive balance proposal now. The voting will conclude Wednesday and the results will be announced Thursday. If the revised transfer rule does not pass, then more and more of the transfer rulings will be litigated. Most judges who have reviewed the 1 year ban have found it to be too onerous. That's why the OHSAA has put forth the revised rule. The expectation is that the courts will be less likely to intervene when a student does not lose an entire season.

Do you know the likelihood of the rule passing?

Was anyone else at the Senior Circuit Meet? Saw some pretty fast swims by a lot of swimmers. I'm always interested in seeing who is working hard in the offseason and who improving

Was anyone else at the Senior Circuit Meet? Saw some pretty fast swims by a lot of swimmers. I'm always interested in seeing who is working hard in the offseason and who improving

I was there Friday night and at finals tonight. Lots of tired kids but some good swims too. Nice 200 fly race between Hodge and Rice and a very Exciting men's 400 free relay at the end with CAC, PCY, and Mason. Fisher (54.80), Chou (56.20), and Hove (56.48) were neck and neck on the anchor leg.

I was there Friday night and at finals tonight. Lots of tired kids but some good swims too. Nice 200 fly race between Hodge and Rice and a very Exciting men's 400 free relay at the end with CAC, PCY, and Mason. Fisher (54.80), Chou (56.20), and Hove (56.48) were neck and neck on the anchor leg.

Yes, saw a lot of fun swims on both boys and girls side. A lot of teams came! Practically all the top teams in the area were there. I wonder what it would take to get the Raiders, Marlins, and Countryside there. Now that would be a fun and highly competitive meet.

Yes, saw a lot of fun swims on both boys and girls side. A lot of teams came! Practically all the top teams in the area were there. I wonder what it would take to get the Raiders, Marlins, and Countryside there. Now that would be a fun and highly competitive meet.

The Marlins were hosting their Pepsi Invitational at the same time... the Dayton Raiders were there, Mulcare put up some fast times including 58 in the 100 Fly and 2:07 in the 200 IM

The Marlins were hosting their Pepsi Invitational at the same time... the Dayton Raiders were there, Mulcare put up some fast times including 58 in the 100 Fly and 2:07 in the 200 IM

Are you aware of any upcoming meets that consist of talented swimmers around the area competing with each other?

Are you aware of any upcoming meets that consist of talented swimmers around the area competing with each other?

Not sure which teams will be going where (or the top groups from those teams for that matter) but some likely events include:

- CAC Summer Classic June 7-9 @ Miami University
- TYR Sport Summer Classic June 28-30 @ St. Xavier
- Speedo Sectionals July 22-25 @ Miami University
- Ohio Senior Championships July 25-28 @ Kenyon College

I know for a fact that the manta rays, cac (obviously) and countryside are going to the CAC meet at Miami. I'm assuming the Raiders are going, and hope the Marlins are going. Should be a fun meet!

Unfortunately for Moeller fans the potential transfer from the GMC conference is not able to transfer due to admission policy's. It looks like X will yet again be unchallenged in the southwest district