Poly 29 Northwestern 7 - Thoughts?

Poly seemed to have little trouble with Miami Northwestern.

just as they shouldn't.

People will come on to defend MNW and say that they graduated ALOT and sent them all D1 and blah blah blah.

FAct of the matter, is MNW had GREAT players for the last two years, and that is it. The program itself will claim greatness because they were blessed to have the athletes they had for the past two years.

They FLARED up and now they will be back in "mediumville" for the next 3 years or so, until some more come along.

Miami is a big enough city, they will have more athletes, i can guarantee that. But the city of Miami is incapable of having a program that some of these other powerhouses have (i.e. DLS, DPB, Poly, JC, and Evangel

No No No

MNW would not lend the same respect for SLC even though SLC in 07 was not as good as the 2006 version.

They say it took a Florida team to finally knock off SLC.

So I say MNW needed the Californian football teams to shut them up.

MNW is just as good as last year as far as Im concerned. :p

No No No

MNW would not lend the same respect for SLC even though SLC in 07 was not as good as the 2006 version.

I've been saying this to. I heard from Canes that Poly is overrated, and that their not much different from any Dade County team. MNW last year was not a normal Dade County team. They had great line play. Dade County teams IMO are more like City Section teams here in California. Great athletes no line play. This weekend we got to see how great the average Dade County team is along the lines. The answer was resounding, and it didn't favor the Dade County teams.

just as they shouldn't.

People will come on to defend MNW and say that they graduated ALOT and sent them all D1 and blah blah blah.

FAct of the matter, is MNW had GREAT players for the last two years, and that is it. The program itself will claim greatness because they were blessed to have the athletes they had for the past two years.

They FLARED up and now they will be back in "mediumville" for the next 3 years or so, until some more come along.

Miami is a big enough city, they will have more athletes, i can guarantee that. But the city of Miami is incapable of having a program that some of these other powerhouses have (i.e. DLS, DPB, Poly, JC, and Evangel

It's amazing that you have the balls to show up on this board today.

Prattville is a joke bro. Get lost.

As for MNW they played about as well as they did when NMB beat them in the spring.

I know steeler will have to field day with this since he has posted this same thread in at least 3 different forums.

It's a little unbecoming of a fan of a program that is supposed to be of national accaim.

No No No

SLC = 11-1 against Texas teams with the lone loss coming by one point after a botched snap.

Wanna bet that Northwestern doesn't have a season like that this year?

It's amazing that you have the balls to show up on this board today.

Prattville is a joke bro. Get lost.

As for MNW they played about as well as they did when NMB beat them in the spring.

I know steeler will have to field day with this since he has posted this same thread in at least 3 different forums.

It's a little unbecoming of a fan of a program that is supposed to be of national accaim.
Canes I respect Florida football. Their top programs can play with anybody. I just don't respect Dade County. Those teams are average IMO. MNW last year is not your average Dade county team. They had super line play and super athletes. Your average Dade team is good athletes ----ty line play.

SLC = 11-1 against Texas teams with the lone loss coming by one point after a botched snap.

Wanna bet that Northwestern doesn't have a season like that this year?

Well MNW was that one super team that does not come along very often that is my point. Floridians spout off like the 2007 MNW team is the NORM year in and out.

SLC ran into the juggernaut of 2007 and SLC was not the juggernaut that year.

Yes Florida has amazing talent and good teams every year but your brand of football is equalled by some and surpassed by 2 in my opinion

Texas and Cali

SLC was a top 5 team in Texas but they were not number one in TX like you Florida people say. SLC was not as good as in 2005 or 2006. Especially with 8 defensive players for SLC starting in their 2nd varsity game against MNW.

If MNW played SLC in 2006 it would have been a nail biter 3-7 point game either way.

COMPRENDE???

Last edited:
this 29-7 victory by LB Poly ON THE ROAD was impressive

it's true signicance will not be known until the season plays out

MNW has a long season ahead

as does LB Poly

Well MNW was that one super team that does not come along very often that is my point. Floridians spout off like the 2007 MNW team is the NORM year in and out.
COMPRENDE???

Other than MNW and BTW(last year) Dade County=average. That region is equivalent to the City Section here in Cali. Great athletes sh#tty line play.

Canes I respect Florida football. Their top programs can play with anybody. I just don't respect Dade County. Those teams are average IMO. MNW last year is not your average Dade county team. They had super line play and super athletes. Your average Dade team is good athletes ----ty line play.

Dade has some of the worst coaching you can imagine. And the good ones are paid so little that they never stick around.

But the best Dade teams are usually among the best in the state.

The fact that Dade had two of the best teams in the country last year should afford them some respect. But I guess not.

Yes Florida has amazing talent and good teams every year but your brand of football is equalled by some and surpassed by 2 in my opinion

Texas and Cali

SLC was a top 5 team in Texas but they were not number one in TX like you Florida people say. SLC was not as good as in 2005 or 2006. Especially with 8 defensive players for SLC starting in their 2nd varsity game against MNW.

If MNW played SLC in 2006 it would have been a nail biter 3-7 point game either way.

COMPRENDE???

MNW has had three 15-0 nationally ranked teams in the last 10 years. And two teams that lost to OTHER nationally ranked Florida opponents: 2001 and 2003.

2006 Northwestern may have been the best team in Dade history. But every year they've got a team that is among the best in the country.

SLC was #1 in the country when MNW beat them. So saying they were #1 in Texas is not a lie.

I don't think MNW ever trailed in 2006. SLC struggled to beat Austin Westlake.

What makes you think that game would be any different than 2007 where Northwestern held SLC to 14 offensive points.

Why cant these Ohions and Floridians just except the fact that they are numbers 3 and 4 when it comes to high school football.

Top 5 is not bad.

SLC was #1 in the country when MNW beat them. So saying they were #1 in Texas is not a lie.

actually #2

but we have heard over and over that even after losing to MNW in 2007, SLC was still a top 5 national team

how can you be a top 5 national team and not a top 5 state team?

Dade has some of the worst coaching you can imagine. And the good ones are paid so little that they never stick around.

The fact that Dade had two of the best teams in the country last year should afford them some respect. But I guess not.

MNW has had three 15-0 nationally ranked teams in the last 10 years. And two teams that lost to OTHER nationally ranked Florida opponents: 2001 and 2003.

2006 Northwestern may have been the best team in Dade history. But every year they've got a team that is among the best in the country.

I don't think MNW ever trailed in 2006. SLC struggled to beat Austin Westlake.

What makes you think that game would be any different than 2007 where Northwestern held SLC to 14 offensive points.

That was a preseason ranking DUH Dont feed that #1 preseason ranking crap. SLC had a much better Defense in 2006.

Since every year MNW is amoung the best in the country, I am expecting great things from them this year.

2007 MNW was a more veterened team than in 2006.

That was a preseason ranking DUH Dont feed that #1 preseason ranking crap.

wrong

we heard over and over that SLC remained in the top 5 nationally AFTER losing to MNW

it was not a bogus preseason ranking

it really is a far fetched comparison

but if i was Texas fan

it would be hard to excuse away a take a knee at the five 29-21 loss to a team that traveked a long way

and then that same school was hammered by a cali team who traveled twice as far a year later

it would make me ring up the excuse machine too

That was a preseason ranking DUH Dont feed that #1 preseason ranking crap. SLC had a much better Defense in 2006.

Since every year MNW is amoung the best in the country, I am expecting great things from them this year.

2007 MNW was a more veterened team than in 2006.

I meant Dade not MNW specifically.

but if i was Texas fan

it would be hard to excuse away a take a knee at the five 29-21 loss to a team that traveked a long way

and then that same school was hammered by a cali team who traveled twice as far a year later

But its silly to refer to MNW as if the two teams (2007 and 2008) were the same.

2 teams last year means Dade County is great? Go back farther then last year. Last year was a big year for Dade county. Those aren't your normal Dade County teams. Dade County=City Section here in Cali.

actually #2

but we have heard over and over that even after losing to MNW in 2007, SLC was still a top 5 national team

how can you be a top 5 national team and not a top 5 state team?

Would it be possible to rationalize that all the expert pollsters were wrong about SLC at the beginning of the 07 season? Based on their season, apparantly they were not the best team in the land. I dont think they were a top 5 team last year either. This in way diminishes the fact that MNW had a outstanding football team last year.

2 teams last year means Dade County is great? Go back farther then last year. Last year was a big year for Dade county. Those aren't your normal Dade County teams. Dade County=City Section here in Cali.

Has a city ever had two teams finish undefeated and in the top 8 nationally?

If so I'd like to know who.

Killian (13-1) finished #17 USA TODAY

Carol City (14-1) finished #10 USA TODAY
Northwestern (12-1) finished #25 USA TODAY

Norland (13-2) beat #22 Edgewater in 6A title game

Northwestern (15-0) finished #4 USA TODAY

Carol City (15-0) finished #5 USA TODAY

Southridge (14-1) was #1 in USA TODAY before losing in 6A title game

Southridge (15-0) finished #5 in USA TODAY

Great thing is I've watched 3 of these teams. They were all good nothing that would make me think their county is anything special. I would say on a year to year basis you have 2 good teams and the rest are average, and every now and then you have a great team.

No, most places have teams play each other. Teams have gone in from the same city in to the finals ranked in the top 5 and knocked the other out.

SLC was a top 5 team in Texas but they were not number one in TX like you Florida people say. SLC was not as good as in 2005 or 2006. Especially with 8 defensive players(Actually nine)for SLC starting in their 2nd varsity game against MNW.

COMPRENDE???

LMAO I find it too funny the karma that today the story from the Florida homers on all the boards is what their teams lost. Oh you mean like when Southlake started nine new starters on D, lost a returning o-linemen for the year to injury, and their coach to a college head coaching gig, but at least Southlake despite playing what everybody now admits was a rare all-star team didn't lose by 22 at Dragon Stadium. IMO Texas, Florida, and Cali are all even and I personally have a ton of respect for Florida football but that coming back to those who deserve it (like I knew it would) is too funny.

but if i was Texas fan

How many D1A recruits did MNW lose? Can anyone honestly say that MNW 2008 is even remotely comparable to the team from last year, that put about a half a dozen kids on the 'Canes roster alone?