Playoffs W2: Winton Woods @ Withrow

Or you could try having some class when talking about high school kids like 99.9 percent of the people here do.

Or you could try having some class when talking about high school kids like 99.9 percent of the people here do.
I’ve seen plenty of people on here on all different threads say worse than what I have. The point is the WW QB is not good. This purpose of these threads is to discuss the game and say what’s on our mind, that is what’s on my mind. There have been plenty of games that we should have won but we simply couldn’t execute. Watching this the whole season have been very frustrating compared to the success WW has had in the past.

And I can bet the other players on the field are thinking the exact same thing. Are you looking at the game?
Yea, I am watching the game. And calling a teenager terrible by name is out of bounds here. He’s a child.

Now then, have at it criticizing your coaching staff. They totally wasted a state-title-caliber defense. They’re also adults getting paid for what they do.

I don't see how WW is going to score points on Withrow. The defense is serious on Madison Road. The Tigers have dangerous speed, and can score in the offense, defense and special teams return game. WW just dropped a game to Lebanon two weeks ago. Where is this confidence coming from for them to win on the road?
Told you so. Withrow's defense is serious. Offensive speed lead to big plays. And the kick return was called back. Gotta give the Tigers their just due.

Now, it’s time to state how I feel. I hold the coaches responsible for the personnel on the field, well the quarterback. The playbook was extremely limited as he’s not reserve or varsity ready. He needs work and I hope someone works with the young athlete over the summer but I’m hoping WW look for a quarterback for the 24-25 season. You can usually see growth, but I have not. You definitely win and lose as a team but I’m holding the head coach responsible.

Don’t know what went down with the starting QB at the beginning of the season but it could not have been that bad as he was on the field playing different positions. Maybe he needed to adjust position in preparation for the next level - good luck young man.

Yea, I am watching the game. And calling a teenager terrible by name is out of bounds here. He’s a child.

Now then, have at it criticizing your coaching staff. They totally wasted a state-title-caliber defense. They’re also adults getting paid for what they do.
MickeyMantle let’s get over the name etc. The QB should lead the team, that did not happen. Again, coaching staff but to be fully transparent, we did not have all the offense tools needed as we were limited. Move on and let it go, it’s just football.

Yes, I have to agree that the coaching staff has to take blame for this season as well. I’m not gonna put 100% blame, because that is simply not true.
Maybe calling that QB out by name is not the smartest, but it is what it is. There were many questionable calls this season but there were also some great calls that wasn’t executed by the offense, and the QB specifically.

Our defense has been pretty stout all season. We have made almost all game very difficult for every team we have played. It is hard to consistently make plays when you are consistently on the field because the offense can’t stay on the field long enough to score.

At the end of the day, I’m kind of glad this season is over. It was very disappointing to watch and i hope next season we can get even more new faces to get back to the WW we all know. Ending the season in the 2nd round hurts, but I honestly didn’t expect to make it far.

I will say this, Withrow didn’t do anything special However, they have outstanding athleticism and are very fast and quick. Their QB just got the ball to them quickly and let them do their thing.
Good luck moving forward in the playoffs.

I will say this, Withrow didn’t do anything special However, they have outstanding athleticism and are very fast and quick. Their QB just got the ball to them quickly and let them do their thing.
Good luck moving forward in the playoffs.
Did Winton Woods do anything special?

I have to say that I’m stunned by this WW O.
That was another ugly one.
To install what they tried to do tonight is a head scratcher lol.
Could write a book but no point in it.
On to next season.

Congratulations to WITHROW they just beat us. We have a kid tht was all league and you don't give him a shot to redeem himself after a a couple of bad games. I thought he would go to him in playoffs and use him similar to how these other teams are using their qbs vs us. #5 no targets 1st half because simply you don't want to go back to #18. Twice in the redzone we throw a pick then we just missed open wrs on the next time down there. Someone sd this was on coaching and I agree the offensive staff have to take the blame for this year.

Did Winton Woods do anything special?
Absolutely not, this wasn’t a slight relax. The tigers did what they do. Outstanding athleticism that gets to the ball quickly. Big WR’s that will be difficult to guard, explosive run game.
So what’s the issue razor?

they could actually make a serious run to state
Nothing else to say.

I feel sorry for the WW Players! Seems like the Coaches and some Fans are an absolute circus! They definitely had a State Title caliber Defense!

Great victory by Withrow. As for WW offensive brain trust, y'all really are born on 3rd base, most teams in Ohio would dream to have the offensive talent at WW. The decline is noticeable and saddening.
Very sad. With Mt. Healthy,Princeton,Withrow, Taft having some success. Parents and kids will look into them schools 1st before WW & I don't see how they get kids with that current offensive staff. Those coaches will use this yr to persuade kids tht their school is a better fit for their kids. Had the most talent in city and lost because offensive personnel was questionable all yr.

Very sad. With Mt. Healthy,Princeton,Withrow, Taft having some success. Parents and kids will look into them schools 1st before WW & I don't see how they get kids with that current offensive staff. Those coaches will use this yr to persuade kids tht their school is a better fit for their kids. Had the most talent in city and lost because offensive personnel was questionable all yr.
I don't think Winton Woods had the most talent in the city. I really believe that is either Withrow or Princeton.

It starts at the top. WW is loaded with talent and for the offense to be this bad is unheard of. They ran the same couple formations the whole game with no variation or adjustments. That made it easy for a very talented withrow defense. Defensively as we all know WW is state caliber but they get no help from the other side of the ball and its not the kids fault the talent is there. It looks like the further WW gets from the Parker era the worse they get.

I don't think Winton Woods had the most talent in the city. I really believe that is either Withrow or Princeton.
In the 24 class them dudes had 8/9 kids with D1 offers
In the 25 class they got 6 kids with D1 offers
In the 26 class 1 kid with D1 offers
In the 27 class 2 kids have offers.
Thts 18 kids with D1 offers. Who else got tht many. Idk I could be wrong

It starts at the top. WW is loaded with talent and for the offense to be this bad is unheard of. They ran the same couple formations the whole game with no variation or adjustments. That made it easy for a very talented withrow defense. Defensively as we all know WW is state caliber but they get no help from the other side of the ball and its not the kids fault the talent is there. It looks like the further WW gets from the Parker era the worse they get.
The sad part about it is those kids stuck around for Murphy. We all decided to stay & it's a lot of regrets. If those kids in the 23/24 leave then the 25s would've left as well. they had a flag team for tht 25 class when they were in 8th grade. We were all in contact & decided because gray was the DC we decided to stay. The biggest loss was losing Greg Forrest the offensive coordinator. He figured it put he lived in the building watching film but u expect that from a college position coach.