Playoffs Round 2: Elder (9-2) vs. Milford (9-2)

It wouldn't be a Friday without me nitpicking a TSF article, but this sentence is written oddly. "Quarterback Ben Schoster only threw nine complete passes last week against Middletown, but they went for a combined 278 yards and four touchdowns." It seems like the article should have included the context that Schoster only attempted 11 passes against Middletown. I don't think it was anything nefarious or even necessarily intentional, but going 9 of 11 is much different than going 9 of 20.

Nice win. They did everything they had to do. Ran the ball well. Played great defense. Did not show too much. This team is a surprisingly overachiever.
On to next week when the competition gets state championship tough. Great job Seniors and coaches. This has been really fun.

Good win, especially impressive performance by the Defense. The pass rush was definitely a factor and there were some timely called blitzes.

The Offense was pretty vanilla, but there was no reason to do much other than run the ball.

The only negative was the penalties, way too many sloppy pre snap penalties that Elder can’t make next week.

Springboro choked away a double digit lead in the 4th quarter and lost to Mason. Seems like Elder vs West will be at Mason.

Springboro choked away a double digit lead in the 4th quarter and lost to Mason. Seems like Elder vs West will be at Mason.
You're probably right unfortunately. I'm sure Moeller-Mason will end up at Princeton. Plus side, Elder is the home team since they're the higher seed and would get the nicer home stands. Negative side, game being all the way out at Mason. I'm sure Spectrum will pick this game up as well, so I'm sure that's affect attendance as well. There's also a Friday night home UC game next week with an 8pm kickoff to compete with.

You're probably right unfortunately. I'm sure Moeller-Mason will end up at Princeton. Plus side, Elder is the home team since they're the higher seed and would get the nicer home stands. Negative side, game being all the way out at Mason. I'm sure Spectrum will pick this game up as well, so I'm sure that's affect attendance as well. There's also a Friday night home UC game next week with an 8pm kickoff to compete with.

I'm laughing hard right now. All the way out at Mason? It takes 20 minutes from the west side. 75N, 275 east, 71n to Kings Island. You people are unreal. LOl, but you can watch on TV. Good Lord.

Tonight's game was extremely impressive for Elder. They clearly wanted to keep the Milford offense off the field and they executed the game plan to perfection. Should be a great game next weekend against Lakota West. Hopefully there's a good turnout even with a UC game next Friday night.

I'm laughing hard right now. All the way out at Mason? It takes 20 minutes from the west side. 75N, 275 east, 71n to Kings Island. You people are unreal. LOl, but you can watch on TV. Good Lord.
Lol 100% fair and I was saying that sort of tongue in cheek as many fans always complain about going out to Mason for games.

I think the four possible locations for the Elder vs Lakota West game are

1 Mason
2 Princeton
3 Hamilton
4 Fairfield

I know in years past OHSAA has used all four. Mason vs Moeller won't be at Mason so that game will probably one of the other three venues.

The other long shot option would be X. X hosted a playoff game a few years ago.

I think the four possible locations for the Elder vs Lakota West game are

1 Mason
2 Princeton
3 Hamilton
4 Fairfield

I know in years past OHSAA has used all four. Mason vs Moeller won't be at Mason so that game will probably one of the other three venues.

The other long shot option would be X. X hosted a playoff game a few years ago.
It would be weird, but it’s a better place to watch a game than Mason.

In 2021 Moeller played Princeton at Mason and X played West at Princeton. A week later Moeller played West at Mason
In 2020 was Covid So the higher seeded hosted.
In 2019 Elder played X at Mason and Colerain played West at Princeton. Elder played Colerain at Mason
In 2018 Colerain played Milford at X, Lakota EAST plyed Elder at Mason. Elder played Colerain at Mason
In 2017 X played Sycamore at Mason and Colerain played Mason at Princeton X played Colerain at Mason
In 2016 Colerain played X at Hamilton and Scyamore played Mason at Middletown. X played Syamore at Hamilton.

In 2015, 2014, 2013 We had the 2 Regions years.

In 2017 Mason hosted one game while playing in anothers.

Lol 100% fair and I was saying that sort of tongue in cheek as many fans always complain about going out to Mason for games.
Has any westsider ever made it to Mason HS in less than 45 minutes? The game should be at Oak Hills. We are the higher seed. It makes no sense for Elder fans to do a 45 minute trip (at best) and West fans will drive 15 minutes.
Moeller posters spent the entire week defending Norwood stadium as their site for St X and now think it’s ok for Elder to play West in a stadium they are familiar with and played in.

Elder vs West @ StX makes a lot of sense. Both teams are very familiar with the facility and it is kind of halfway. Plus it is probably the nicest facility that is a legit option. I just don't see Mason as an option since all their potential volunteers will be at their game.

Elder vs West @ StX makes a lot of sense. Both teams are very familiar with the facility and it is kind of halfway. Plus it is probably the nicest facility that is a legit option. I just don't see Mason as an option since all their potential volunteers will be at their game.
In 2017 X played Sycamore at Mason and Colerain played Mason at Princeton X played Colerain at Mason

Has any westsider ever made it to Mason HS in less than 45 minutes? The game should be at Oak Hills. We are the higher seed. It makes no sense for Elder fans to do a 45 minute trip (at best) and West fans will drive 15 minutes.
Moeller posters spent the entire week defending Norwood stadium as their site for St X and now think it’s ok for Elder to play West in a stadium they are familiar with and played in.
None of that matters now. From here on out it's "neutral sites" and the only things that matter are (1) what schools have submitted bids to host and (2) what sites are cheapest and most convenient for the OHSAA. The only thing Elder gets for being the higher seeded team is wearing purple uniforms and being on the home sideline.

Anywhere but North Jesus.

In all seriousness Mason is a nice venue. It isn't the easiest place to get to on a Friday night for people living on the Westside, but it is what it is.

I'm sure the players and coaches don't care where, they're just happy to still be playing. Very interesting matchup against West, I expect a low-scoring affair with plenty of defense.

None of that matters now. From here on out it's "neutral sites" and the only things that matter are (1) what schools have submitted bids to host and (2) what sites are cheapest and most convenient for the OHSAA. The only thing Elder gets for being the higher seeded team is wearing purple uniforms and being on the home sideline.
19 said the Elder/Milford game had about 6900 tickets sold. So If you play this in a venue with about 8000 seats everyone who wants a ticket should get one.

I’m selfishly hoping for Princeton since it’s right off 75 and I could visit the Friendly Stop at Sharon Rd. and 747 for happy hour, near my old office.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

34 minutes and 28 miles from elder to mason. Add at least 15-20 minutes to that on a Friday afternoon.

Both Mason and Fairfield stadiums are about 32-34 minutes from Elder. Hamilton's stadium is about 44 minutes away. Be thankful Elder has advanced to the next round and don't lament the venue! The Elder "faithful" are just that-----they won't whine about where the event is held they will purchase their tickets and show-up to support the team. The question really is, "Are YOU Elder faithful???"

Which do you hate more: Mason or Welcome Stadium? I feel nothing can replace the vitriol that Elder fans have for Welcome Stadium, but Mason is inching closer each year. 🤣
Other than sitting on the visitor side when it is windy feeling like you are sitting in a wind tunnel (not fun when it is cold), I like going to Mason: it cuts 25-30 minutes off my trip each way. Welcome is about 10 minutes closer to me than is Mason but I like Mason better than Welcome.
Going to Princeton is not that much further for me than going to Mason while going to Hamilton would be like going to The Pit.

No one is really complaining. Just speculating and making suggestions 😂

No matter what, just four schools left in SW Ohio. Appreciate that Elder is one of them!!!