PJ Fleck Facing Allegations Of Player Abuse ??

A couple things alleged are totally believable to me, i.e. leaving meeting rooms and reentering if not satisfied with the applause for himself, as well as the "Fleck Bucks" thing.

1690574766473.png

A couple things alleged are totally believable to me, i.e. leaving meeting rooms and reentering if not satisfied with the applause for himself, as well as the "Fleck Bucks" thing.

That one strikes me something a coach would do to be funny, lighten the mood and some dckhead is telling a half-truth for attention.

funny how you never see these stories about teams that win, only teams that lose. Why is that?

funny how you never see these stories about teams that win, only teams that lose. Why is that?
Probably because being mentally or physically abusive typically doesn’t foster a high level of winning. It fosters resentment, distrust and misery, hallmarks of losing or underachieving teams.

Bob Knight is one notable exception, obviously.

Probably because being mentally or physically abusive typically doesn’t foster a high level of winning. It fosters resentment, distrust and misery, hallmarks of losing or underachieving teams.

Bob Knight is one notable exception, obviously.
Ah, Bobby Knight, one of my favorites being a Hoosier fan growing up in Indiana. Bobby was a very complex person, but very driven to succeed. He treated the media like crap and was perfectly fine with that. Back then college sports was a privilege and people viewed it that way. Knight had the ability to take his guys and beat you and the flip the sides and beat his guys with your guys if you gave him enough time.

The stories of how Knight treated players are infamous. But the point people miss is that he wanted THE BEST for his players and what did moved them that direction.

There is a fine line between abusive behavior and driving people to be the best they can be. It was rare that a former Knight player regretted playing for him. You wonder with guys like Fitgerald and Fleck that we only hear from the squeeky wheels. You would think if it was so bad for Fitzgerald at Nwestern for all those years more guys woudl have come out?