Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

When is the Pirates’ contention window supposed to be?

The team has a few guys in place — Hayes, Cruz, Reynolds, Keller, Contreras — but mostly looks so, so far away from being a competitive team.

The patchwork of random vets occupying the roster probably won’t be enough to keep the Pirates out of the cellar, especially if Rich Hill and Vince Velasquez keep getting starts all season.

The Reds seem to be in a much better place than the Pirates.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
The Pirates have from the 5th to 7th best minor league talent according to people who track this stuff. Hill etc are just a bridge. From what I’ve read the organization thinks 2025.

Tough luck with O.Cruz ankle injury. He may be back late Summer probably depends on how the Pirates are doing, might be best to start it back up next Spring. Who fills in at SS in the meantime?

Tough luck with O.Cruz ankle injury. He may be back late Summer probably depends on how the Pirates are doing, might be best to start it back up next Spring. Who fills in at SS in the meantime?
Even as a Reds fan I hated to see that. Baseball needs all its best young players to be playing and that kid is terrific and fun to watch.

Bucs pound out 14 runs and sweep the Rockies. They now have 9 straight good starts from their pitchers.

Bucs didn’t hit much better this series v. Reds but at least scratched out some runs. Reds offense is really bad. I guess we can give some credit to the Pirate pitching. The only guy that scares you even a little at this point in the season is India.

Dodgers come to town next. Let’s see what happens. And hopefully they put some fans in the seats.

May get a little luck with the pitching matchups against the Dodgers. Should miss Kershaw at least, and the Bucs will have their 1-3 going. Taking 2/3 would be great and keep the mo going