Pick North @ New Albany = Crazy Game of the Week!

Heelinohio

Both teams are 6-2. Either team could blow out the other... Two of the least trust worthy teams in Central Ohio. I'm taking a pass on the Lancaster @ Pick Central game in favor of this one. I have no idea how it'll go... Guessing: 45-7, 45-44, 10-3 or somewhere in between?

This is kind of a Bizarro year in Central Ohio football. I have no idea on this one. Nothing would surprise me here.

Yep. Crazy game. Does any football program in the state do less with more than Pick North ? Horrible play call by Pick North that lead to a New Albany pick six for a TD deep in their own territory that proved to be the winning play. Why risk passing in that situation ? Is the Pick North coach in hot water?

Last edited:
That doesn't even mention the absolute BONEHEAD coaching at the end of the 1st half. Up 7-3 w/30 some seconds to go. First and goal from the New Albany 5 yard line and only 1 timeout left and you run the ball on first down!!! you gain just two yards and now have to use your last timeout. Pass on 2nd....incomplete. Pass on 3rd.....incomplete. and then on 4th and goal from the 3, you pass up the chip shot field goal and run the ball from the 3 with one of your backup running backs!!!! Get stopped short and get NO POINTS!! I'm guess at the end of the game when you look up at the scoreboard and you lost 16-15, you probably should have taken the 3 points!!!!! Hillerich is maybe the worst coach I've ever seen in terms of game management.......it is laughable that a team with this much talent is 6-3...

Yep. Crazy game. Does any football program in the state do less with more than Pick North ? Horrible play call by Pick North that lead to a New Albany pick six for a TD deep in their own territory that proved to be the winning play. Why risk passing in that situation ? Is the Pick North coach in hot water?
North is in big trouble on offense until the HC gets rid of the OC as I have watched his acted since he came to North from Gahanna. I am 90% sure he made the call on the bubble screen. Just incompetent in that position on the staff. He is worth 7 to 10 points a game for the other team.

Just my second time seeing PN in person this season, but I just do not see the level of pure talent and athleticism I was expecting this season. The o-line is average. RB Green is very good and QB 'might' also be very good w/ a better scheme. PN's DEs got eaten up tonight... Doubt they can hold up vs. Gahanna next week. Very demoralizing loss. Fun game for "non-aligned" spectators like me.

I've got a feeling Gahanna will win comfortably next week....can't see North hanging with them. Especially w/Green nicked up. I think he only was on the field for 1 or 2 snaps in the second half......

That doesn't even mention the absolute BONEHEAD coaching at the end of the 1st half. Up 7-3 w/30 some seconds to go. First and goal from the New Albany 5 yard line and only 1 timeout left and you run the ball on first down!!! you gain just two yards and now have to use your last timeout. Pass on 2nd....incomplete. Pass on 3rd.....incomplete. and then on 4th and goal from the 3, you pass up the chip shot field goal and run the ball from the 3 with one of your backup running backs!!!! Get stopped short and get NO POINTS!! I'm guess at the end of the game when you look up at the scoreboard and you lost 16-15, you probably should have taken the 3 points!!!!! Hillerich is maybe the worst coach I've ever seen in terms of game management.......it is laughable that a team with this much talent is 6-3...
I couldn't agree more. Who is making these boneheaded play calls? If its the OC the HC needs to override him and make the smart call. If its the HC then PN needs to start a coaching search asap.

The playcalling can certainly be the OC or the HC or a combination thereof, but the game management decisions solely land on the head of the HC......no excuse for not kicking the FG in that situation.

The offensive play calling was absolutely terrible. The defense was put back on the field to the point of exhaustion. The run scheme is very basic and predictable as most teams just load the box with their safeties and dare them to pass.The passing game is pathetic as the quarterback isn’t taught to read through his progressions and usually force throws into double and yesterday was an instance quadruple coverage! He’s also a tall quarterback so I would think it would be a smart idea if he was coached to step up in the pocket instead of scrambling and taking away an entire side of a field. That being said I don’t blame him I blame coaching preparation in practice. They are on pace of having a worst record than last season. Sadly because the City of Pickerington has a true championship caliber program in Central, if North sports don’t stink to bad no ones cares about the little brother.