Pick Central @ Elder

Heelinohio

Central dismantled Olentangy Liberty last week 42-0. Although Liberty has traditionally been an outstanding program, I'm not sure if they're any good this year. Also not sure what to make of PC. The defense seems really strong, with talent at all levels. Offense again looks mediocre. O-line needs work... they have excellent size, but no dominating road-grader types. Hoping that K. Gray can step up his play at RB. Really don't want to risk Biles being the primary ball carrier. What is the scouting report on Elder? Really looking forward to visiting the legendary "Pit" for the first time!

Central dismantled Olentangy Liberty last week 42-0. Although Liberty has traditionally been an outstanding program, I'm not sure if they're any good this year. Also not sure what to make of PC. The defense seems really strong, with talent at all levels. Offense again looks mediocre. O-line needs work... they have excellent size, but no dominating road-grader types. Hoping that K. Gray can step up his play at RB. Really don't want to risk Biles being the primary ball carrier. What is the scouting report on Elder? Really looking forward to visiting the legendary "Pit" for the first time!
See Elder board.

Saw Jay at Meijer last week holding a couple box fans. I was like save them for the Pit, bro. Always root for my Elder cousins, even though the Emmitsburg clan is still all jerks. Especially if they're playing the adopted hometown Tigers. Guy in my rosary group was wearing his panther purple a while back. I said Altiora! This should be a great game, but the Tigers are always loaded. Boring but effective.

Elder's starting lineup from last week. I do believe there was an injury on the defensive side last week. That player is expected back in a few weeks I heard. We are hoping 6'8" senior TE Carson Browne is back this week. We will have to wait until tonight to find out. There are not a lot of D1 recruits here, but a lot of kids that will play assignment, mistake free football, will get after it, and can play.

OFFENSE
QB #16 Ben Schoster 6'4" 195 SR
RB #4 Luke Flowers 5'10" 185 SR
FB #3 Mark Autenrieb 6'0" 205 SR
LT #70 Jacob Schorsch 6'5" 295 JR
LG #62 Evan James 6'1" 265 SR
C #61 Andrew Onorato 6'3" 220 SR
RG #60 Dominic Weidner 6'0" 245 JR
RT 63 Tommy Roth 6'0" 225 JR
TE #85 Andrew Rolfes 6'4" 215 SR
WR #84 Justin Re 6'1" 160 SR
WR #2 Ben Collins 5'11" 175 SR
WR #10 Luke Autenrieb 5'9" 145 SR
WR #83 Drew Murphy 6'4" 1665 JR

DEFENSE
LE #90 Liam McKenna 6'4" 230 JR
NG #7 Samari Freeman 5'8" 230 SR
RE #97 Liam Hulen 6'4" 220 SR
LB #14 Bradley Hoernschemeyer 6'2" 210 SR
LB #9 Joshua Dugan 6'0" 225 JR
LB #22 Maddox Arnold 6'2" 210 SO
LB #42 Ben Voelkerding 6'0" 205 SR
CB #5 Charlie Moorman 6'0" 175 SR
CB #8 Jimmy Finley 5'8" 165 SR
S #11 Zack Gutekunst 6'0" 180 SR
S #15 Cameron Morgan 5'9" 185 SR

He is already worried about the 2025 team, because their freshmen lost badly to Oak Hills a few days ago.
Pure comedy relief listening to a bunch of grown men worrying about a bunch of high school kids football teams in the future.
I got jumped on for calling that Loss embarrassing, knowing an epic meltdown was coming from loser,dbag Omar! It’s comical and creepy imo! Something about some middle age unmarried man talking about the best 4th Grade Football Player at School Abc, is very creepy to me!

Should be a great game tonight at The Pit! Think PC Wins a close one! By midnight Omar will be talking about Elder needs more non feeder school talent, Flowers needs to play more safety and the 4th Grade QB at Victory is the next top Elder QB prospect.

Elder's starting lineup from last week. I do believe there was an injury on the defensive side last week. That player is expected back in a few weeks I heard. We are hoping 6'8" senior TE Carson Browne is back this week. We will have to wait until tonight to find out. There are not a lot of D1 recruits here, but a lot of kids that will play assignment, mistake free football, will get after it, and can play.

OFFENSE

WR #83 Drew Murphy 6'4" 1665 JR
Damn!

Nether here nor there just an indelible memory. Years back I worked in Cincy. Per normal the native locals took me along on their weekly chili run..Part of that group was a Moeller guy who figured that a Columbus native would enjoy the scene.. We went to Price Hill Chili... Put it this way: It was a Friday, it was a sea of purple and never in my born days had I seen middle aged and older men so geeked up on hs jocks. It was scarring to be honest.. All the horror stories shared by the Seton Sisters of Charity bottled under one dorm.. .. Later in life I was at Maury's Tiny Cove on a Friday night when a purple clad husband, very skunked, keeled out of a booth shocking my Mariemont date who was, and still is, Westphobic...Such a city....

Nether here nor there just an indelible memory. Years back I worked in Cincy. Per normal the native locals took me along on their weekly chili run..Part of that group was a Moeller guy who figured that a Columbus native would enjoy the scene.. We went to Price Hill Chili... Put it this way: It was a Friday, it was a sea of purple and never in my born days had I seen middle aged and older men so geeked up on hs jocks. It was scarring to be honest.. All the horror stories shared by the Seton Sisters of Charity bottled under one dorm.. .. Later in life I was at Maury's Tiny Cove on a Friday night when a purple clad husband, very skunked, keeled out of a booth shocking my Mariemont date who was, and still is, Westphobic...Such a city....
Yet here you are on a high school football talk forum :)

Elder D looks Great!! Will be interesting to see if PC keeps running the ball down 17 and it hasn’t really worked out well for them yet. Beautiful night for a Game at The Pit!!!!

Solid Showing by Elder D….not sure of final yards allowed….also not sure how good PC offense is ?

Couple general thoughts…

• Elder’s D-Line: hats off to them. They did their job. LB’s solid. That’s a combination of superb coaching plus athleticism, and knowing what to do.

• The failed fake punt, which was immediately followed by Elder’s first touchdown, loomed somewhat large. Won’t make a judgment as to whether that was the right call, or not, but just goes to show how little margin for error there is when two titan programs square off.

• Not as familiar with what PC has personnel wise compared to last year (even then it was surface level familiarity), so won’t make a hard judgment on concepts or route trees. What does stand out to me is… what’s the best way to say this kindly… in theory a program of PC’s tradition would be more inclined to get something with the passing game going where the QB isn’t running into doom outside the tackles. Maybe PC saw something they thought they’d like with the matchup, maybe they’re just not comfortable with primary pocket passing and instead opt toward east-west directional passing in the hopes that speed + vision can get some something opened up.

Hats off to Elder in any case.

Couple general thoughts…

• Elder’s D-Line: hats off to them. They did their job. LB’s solid. That’s a combination of superb coaching plus athleticism, and knowing what to do.

• The failed fake punt, which was immediately followed by Elder’s first touchdown, loomed somewhat large. Won’t make a judgment as to whether that was the right call, or not, but just goes to show how little margin for error there is when two titan programs square off.

• Not as familiar with what PC has personnel wise compared to last year (even then it was surface level familiarity), so won’t make a hard judgment on concepts or route trees. What does stand out to me is… what’s the best way to say this kindly… in theory a program of PC’s tradition would be more inclined to get something with the passing game going where the QB isn’t running into doom outside the tackles. Maybe PC saw something they thought they’d like with the matchup, maybe they’re just not comfortable with primary pocket passing and instead opt toward east-west directional passing in the hopes that speed + vision can get some something opened up.

Hats off to Elder in any case.
Complete dominance by Elder both sides of ball.

Not the same Pick Central team. The offense doesn't have the threats like it has in years past, the QB is avg at best, 8-16 27yds vs Elder Yikes!

However the Pick Central defense is very good and should keep them in every game.

Solid Showing by Elder D….not sure of final yards allowed….also not sure how good PC offense is ?
Pick Central:
27 Yards Passing 8-16
82 Yards Rushing on 29 carries
8 Firstdowns
0 Turnovers
Penalties 6 for 65 yards
Time of Possession 30:41 to Elders 17:19
4/12 (33.3%) On 3rd down
0/3 (0%) on 4th down

They held Elder to 70 yds rushing

The time of possession stat seems off since Elder had the ball for about 10 minutes in the third quarter.

I saw PC last year against UA, and I thought their offense was horrible. They have no credible passing attack. And they were outstanding on defense. Just dominating.

Seems like they are in the same situation. Against solid defensive teams you have to me two-dimensional.

Pick Central:
27 Yards Passing 8-16
82 Yards Rushing on 29 carries
8 Firstdowns
0 Turnovers
Penalties 6 for 65 yards
Time of Possession 30:41 to Elders 17:19
4/12 (33.3%) On 3rd down
0/3 (0%) on 4th down

They held Elder to 70 yds rushing
Yeah time of possession is probably flipped. Elder had the ball for 17 minutes in the 2nd half alone according to the Cincinnati Enquirer game article.

I saw PC last year against UA, and I thought their offense was horrible. They have no credible passing attack. And they were outstanding on defense. Just dominating.

Seems like they are in the same situation. Against solid defensive teams you have to me two-dimensional.
You nailed it! PC has no playmakers on offense and zero creativity when it comes to play calling. As great a coach as Jay is, his unwillingness to use his weapons has cost him at least 2 potential additional state championships. This year’s team likely goes 7-3, and picks up one win in the playoffs.