Pentagon chief fires Navy secretary over SEAL controversy

I don't think it takes being a soldier to grasp the extremely simple concept that's relevant here : There are very good reasons that the kinds of "extracurriculars" that Edward Gallagher was participating in shouldn't be tolerated. Even if you can bring yourself to discard the moral concerns of his actions, he's still a walking potential liability for his fellow soldiers (just on a basis of purely practical concerns), and that's reprehensible enough on its own.
Oh please!!! Go back to your Ivory Tower and continue to peck on your keyboard.

The left - particularly those who never served - loves to critique and criticize the military, so easily done from the safety of the sidelines. There are many things civilians don't understand about serving. That's why the military has their own court systems.

Yes they do indeed . And every one of the men testified against this piece of crap and he was convicted . Colonel Bonespurs el gordo came to his rescue as Gallagher is certainly a man Trump admires . Figures of course , it is the type of rouge bully he patterns himself after. Hopefully he takes the murderer out on the campaign trail with him Don't doubt that it could happen .

Yes they do indeed . And every one of the men testified against this piece of crap and he was convicted . Colonel Bonespurs el gordo came to his rescue as Gallagher is certainly a man Trump admires . Figures of course , it is the type of rouge bully he patterns himself after. Hopefully he takes the murderer out on the campaign trail with him Don't doubt that it could happen .
So clueless. Your hatred for Trump inhibits your ability to look at an issue like this objectively. That and I can assume you have not been in the military, nor gone to war.

Only 6 out of 22. Of the 7 that did the initial filmed interviews 1 recanted and said the he himself did it.

Objectively both the seals and the Navy generals are publicly on record against the potus actions. Honestly let the professionals manage their organizations and the politicians trying to win a media cycle stay out of it.

Objectively both the seals and the Navy generals are publicly on record against the potus actions. Honestly let the professionals manage their organizations and the politicians trying to win a media cycle stay out of it.

Well if the Navy generals are against it, it must be serious...…..

I do wish you'd name the Navy generals that have come out publicly...…

Only 6 out of 22. Of the 7 that did the initial filmed interviews 1 recanted and said the he himself did it.

So you think after seeing all the facts in this case , and the information that has been brought to life about this guy that Gallagher s a good guy and a sympathetic innocent figure worthy of the Presidents sympathy ? Of course you do. Of course everyone is lying except Trump in all cases and Gallagher in this one?

So you think after seeing all the facts in this case , and the information that has been brought to life about this guy that Gallagher s a good guy and a sympathetic innocent figure worthy of the Presidents sympathy ? Of course you do. Of course everyone is lying except Trump in all cases and Gallagher in this one?
Sounds good

I'm going to point out the at the guy was a Chief Petty Officer, a Seal, and a 20 year veteran. That gets him to a point of respect and a little more credibility in his story vs some of the others, But, he could have been everything claimed and none of it based on what has been made public.

He was charged with 10 different offenses but only convicted on 1 - posing with a corpse. Not really deserving of the punishment, I think the correct punishment would have been to allow him to retire vs the politics that he got caught up in.

the type of rouge bully he patterns himself after.

What exactly is a "rouge bully"? A person who wears too much make-up against Navy regulations? #soexcitedtomakeapointIcan'tspell

I'm guessing you never served. Please correct me if I'm wrong.