PAROCHIAL WAYS, IS IT FAIR ???

You lived in a public school district, so you were a transfer student. That districts alloted state Money was negated by you attending the private institution. This is another reason the voucher program is being contested in court. Prove me wrong...
C'mon... You can't just make up definitions to bolster your argument. Under your logic, if a family moved from Canton to Massillon while their son was in the 8th grade so he could play football for the Tigers, then he would be a transfer because the family chose to take money from the Canton school system and give it to the Massillon school system. In fact, if any family moved after a child was born, then that should count as "transferring" from one school system to another. But, of course, that is nonsensical. But so is the claim that a child who goes to a private school from Day 1 should be considered a "transfer".

Last edited:
C'mon... You can't just make up definitions to bolster your argument. Under your logic, if a family moved from Canton to Massillon so their son could play football for the Tigers, then he would be a transfer because the family chose to take money from the Canton school system and give it to the Massillon school system. In fact, if any family moved after a child was born, then that should count as "transferring" from one school system to another. But, of course, that is nonsensical. But so is the claim that a child who goes to a private school from Day 1 should be considered a "transfer".

No, according to public school supporters on Yappi, any student who starts in private school and goes to a private high school should be called a " recruit." " For public schools, they are called " transfers."

This topic and the state finals location thread are the fallback Yappi topics when the season is over. Same "arguments," same accusations every year; it's the football equivalent of Old Faithful. So, everyone should treat them with amusement, rather than with any seriousness.

You guys can fight over the definition of a recruit but its simple. A coach tries to take students from another school because they are great at a sport and would have no other interest in the students attending if they were not great at the sport. I just wish all the recruiting school...including open enrollments were forced to play each other instead of beating up no cheaters. That it. Move up top 20% a division each year and drop lower 20% and it would be done in a bout 4 years. All cheater would be in top 2 divisions and non cheaters in bottom 5.

For those who don't understand,,,, every student attending a private school ( which has no district boundaries) is technically a transfer, simply because they all come from a public school district.
So Public Schools are a means of Slavery because they now own the Students in their District. ? and no matter how poorly they Educate them they must not be allowed to transfer without a penalty to the School District who educates them better and offers them much greater opportunities to succeed ?
Is that your argument ? Because it sounds like it .
Owning Students and wanting to deny them and their parents freedom of choice sure sounds like Slavery .

So Public Schools are a means of Slavery because they now own the Students in their District. ? and no matter how poorly they Educate them they must not be allowed to transfer without a penalty to the School District who educates them better and offers them much greater opportunities to succeed ?
Is that your argument ? Because it sounds like it .
Owning Students and wanting to deny them and their parents freedom of choice sure sounds like Slavery .
I disagree. It much more of a feudel system view than it is a plantation mentality. Under the feudel system the serfs owe a duty of fealty and homage to the land owner and are required to send their young sons off to battle for the monarch once they come of age. The serfs, of course, are free to leave, but only at significant peril and cost to themselves and their families.

You lived in a public district. Your catholic school has no boundaries/district, but your family chose to transfer you to another school. That decision took thousands of dollars away from your home district. So yes, you were a transfer.
How can I transfer away from a place I never was? My family didn't transfer me to another school because I was only ever at ONE school. The public school never lost one dime because they never had that one dime. Just because YOU say I was a transfer doesn't mean I was. I get it, you hate private/Catholic schools so you make up bizarre theories or allegations to put them down. Don't be so jealous.

Kids aren’t chattel for the public education system, and the take that they somehow are serves as a great tell for how dumb 2023 might get on here.

How can I transfer away from a place I never was? My family didn't transfer me to another school because I was only ever at ONE school. The public school never lost one dime because they never had that one dime. Just because YOU say I was a transfer doesn't mean I was. I get it, you hate private/Catholic schools so you make up bizarre theories or allegations to put them down. Don't be so jealous.
This ⬆️

For those who don't understand,,,, every student attending a private school ( which has no district boundaries) is technically a transfer, simply because they all come from a public school district.
We understand you are wrong
Here is the OHSAA definition of a transfer

“A student is considered to have transferred whenever a.) enrollment is changed from one school to another school and the student attends a new school, or b.) enrollment is changed from one school to become home schooled, or c.) the student participates in a practice, scrimmage or contest with a school-sponsored squad of a school in which the student has not been enrolled and attending, or d) the participation opportunities afforded a student pursuant to state law change”

move along to your next theory. This one has been disproved

Last edited:
We could argue the semantics of the word transfer all day. And we are talking on a football thread here.

Everyone knows what Mr. Douglass meant. We are missing the elephant in the room with this shell game. Private corporations (because that is what they are) do not have restricted districts, so they gather their clients from an unlimited radius.
Public school's are not permitted to do the same. This is an exploited loop hole that puts public schools at a huge disadvantage relating to sports and specifically football. If this is not corrected then there should be separate systems/playoffs, period.

Last edited:
We could argue the semantics of the word transfer all day. And we're talking specifically football here.

Everyone knows what Mr. Douglass meant. We are missing the elephant in the room with this shell game. Private corporations (because that is what they are) do not have restricted districts, so they gather their clients from an unlimited radius.
Public school's are not permitted to do the same. This is an exploited loop hole that puts public schools at a huge disadvantage. If this is not corrected then there should be separate systems/playoffs, period.
There’s no argument. The OHSAA defined it. You were wrong

We could argue the semantics of the word transfer all day. And we are talking on a football thread here.

Public school's are not permitted to do the same. This is an exploited loop hole that puts public schools at a huge disadvantage relating to sports and specifically football. If this is not corrected then there should be separate systems/playoffs, period.
I would like to agree but there is that DIV Glenville school with Ginn Academy kids. I would tend to believe any public school with an * by their name in the enrollment figures has the same opportunity as Glenville. Private schools are not the only benefactors of a recruit/transfer.
Why doesn't Coach Douglass try to coach at a private/religious school then?
Is he even a teacher? I thought the reason Trotwood let him go was because he did meet the district and/or state teaching qualifications. Do "private/religious" schools hire head coaches that are not teachers?

Grades??? Who stated what about grades? Specifics please?

Let's see. Kid goes to MI and Kent state for 4 years free. And gets paid over $1000 stipend an month. Do the math. He was paid somewhere around $32,000 plus education and didn't tear his body apart. As was many who you said flopped at playing in college. You can turn on the TV any day and see Hoban grads playing. 2 so called scrubs made all MAC defense, Bauer and Salopek (portage county bum), chip Traynum May start against Ga tomorrow but will certainly play, Daryl Petersen played for Wisconsin night before last, Jabari Taylor (another portage county Bum) started 3 years at Cincy and just declared for draft. Many others still playing and going to college for free so take that crap somewhere else. You have no credibility and only an ax to grind because you hate tyrell.

Go find a strength coach like winkler? He is the state director for HS strength coaches! Worked professionally for the Pirates before coming to Hoban. Those guys are not walking around looking for jobs. St V dropped playing Hoban because of his mouth? What a joke. If that's true then it's not a good look. Camera on the 50? Were you offended? I assume you are talking about first Avon game in 2017? Coaches cussing? Never heard that before in football?? Another joke.

TK has benefited more from football players playing basketball than any coach in the state. Majority of his best players have been From the football team. Why do you think they always start late? Because the football team is still winning into December.

Do to the success of the football team the entire school and student body have benefited across all sports and academics. More diverse school population and winning atmosphere. What a bitter alumni you sound like. Wonder why? Most alumni I know are pretty proud of the schools accomplishments.

All this talking about these kids "getting offers." How many years have you been on here blabbing about it. You were even on here taunting Avon after the game saying how kids were crying from Avon after the game being an arrogant parent.

First, you can correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt Jabari move to Portage County then transfer to Hoban? He was a beast in HS , but you're wrong about the information you stated. Make sure you bring up facts first. I hope he makes an impact in the NFL. Plus, anyone can declare for the draft.

"Started 3 years at Cincy." is not accurate. He wasn't a complete starter. No disrespect to the kid, but you need to be put in place with most of your false information that you always post.

Second, I did turn on the TV one time to watch a MAC game vs Ohio State. I noticed Miyan Williams stiffed armed a CB. Sorry but the "MAC" is the "MAC." No disrespect to the conference, but attempting to act like its something special is laughable.

Third, I don't know what will happend to Traynum on the offensive side. He might have a shot on the defensive side, but things change when defensive coordinators come in and have their own philosphy and want certain players. That defense was an issue vs Georgia. Maybe a Rover on defense like Jabrill Peppers? I was hoping he would be like Jerome Baker and be a mirror image of Jerome Baker. Hopefully his opportunity after the RBs went down can provide formations or even cause a lightbulb that he could be another Steele Chambers.

I don't have an axe to grind with Tyrell. I rant about him, Rotsky, and many other coaches who care more about winning than anything. Those guys will bring in a transfer to replace a starter in a heartbeat. Even worse, I heard the parents went cray cray after the Hoban vs Winton Woods title game when they lost and even turned on kids. It creates an unhealthy and toxic culture. Even the Hoban parents have ranted regarding the declining enrollment. The new president will do a better job than Sweda and that other one who was his replacement (disaster).

How can I be bitter? I don't affiliate with people who have bad morals and ethics, which includes toxic parents. BTW, there was also things that happend regarding Hoban STVM game, which made it clear that this series is over. Hopefully Hoban responded to the damages. The strength coach will run his mouth to anyone to try to "flex." That's a beta male activity right there.

One more thing. You remind me of a frat guy who tries to defend his girl at a party when she cheated on him. You'll defend actions of coaches to the end even if you know it's not moral or ethical.

I would like to agree but there is that DIV Glenville school with Ginn Academy kids. I would tend to believe any public school with an * by their name in the enrollment figures has the same opportunity as Glenville. Private schools are not the only benefactors of a recruit/transfer.

Is he even a teacher? I thought the reason Trotwood let him go was because he did meet the district and/or state teaching qualifications. Do "private/religious" schools hire head coaches that are not teachers?
No I am just saying why does he not try to coach at one of these schools? He does not mind getting transfers. It happened often at Trotwood and now Springfield. I do not know his job qualifications/certifications, but it has to be harder to get a job at public school than private school. I am thinking more like a Rotsky situation at St. Joes.
This guy crying about recruiting and people using him as an example of the unfairness of the systems is comical.

The championships occur because of a proven process of commitment between students, staff, coaches, administration and parents. This my friend is called community alignment. It works in many cases because the connection and commitment are present between all parties involved.
Yes, the old, "they just want it more" defense. If only WE had thought of that.
Jim Carrey Alrighty Then GIF by Ace Ventura

Clearly your reading skills are subpar, I stated nothing about desire or “wanting it more”. My statement reflects community alignment and establishing culture. I understand that Massillon has not won a legitimate uncontested title (that means playoffs) so it has to truly bother you. Worry not though, those paper titles plus one dollar may actually get you a cup of coffee.
Sorry, I've read the, "privates just want it more" excuse so many times, yours is just as stupid, I mixed the two up.

Something like 70-75% of public schools have statewide open enrollment.

True, and it's very restricted and meticulously scrutinized. Private corporations/schools have allways had state wide open enrollment, no questions asked.
That fact and the school choice vouchers have created huge disparities in scholastic sports. You add in the failing city districts and you have the recipe for private sports domination. You tell me the answer, honestly now.

True, and it's very restricted and meticulously scrutinized. Private corporations/schools have allways had state wide open enrollment, no questions asked.
That fact and the school choice vouchers have created huge disparities in scholastic sports. You add in the failing city districts and you have the recipe for private sports domination. You tell me the answer, honestly now.
How is it restricted and scrutinized?

I always find it interesting that high school football fans don't mind their favorite college team giving away free tuition, letting kids in that would not get in if they were not elite athletes and get transfers that make their team better. This factually happens. As soon as they think it is happening against their high school they are dead against it.

Last edited:
I always find it interesting that high school football fans don't mind their favorite college team giving away free tuition, letting kids in that would not get in if they were not elite athletes and get transfers that make their team better. This factually happens. As soon as they think it is happening against their high school they are dead against it.
There is the other side of that coin where fans of a school cry foul long and loud for years about the unfairness of it all. Then, once their team starts bringing in players and they start seeing more success, all of the sudden they see no problems. Hypocrisy is always a two-way street.

Last edited:
Not true… Parents have a right to choose where their child goes to school. If you want to be a school that is chosen, give parents a reason to choose your school. Competition and free market economics has driven our nation to greatness, don’t run from it, embrace it. Build up your school community academically, artistically, And athletically. Be a safe school where opportunities are provided to grow into the whole self and parents will choose you. Running from these things will not change the outcomes… Step up and get better!!!

Not true… Parents have a right to choose where their child goes to school. If you want to be a school that is chosen, give parents a reason to choose your school. Competition and free market economics has driven our nation to greatness, don’t run from it, embrace it. Build up your school community academically, artistically, And athletically. Be a safe school where opportunities are provided to grow into the whole self and parents will choose you. Running from these things will not change the outcomes… Step up and get better!!!
I agree whole heartedly with your opinion, to a certain extent.
There are different rules for private companies, based in not having districts. I'm speaking sports now and the dynasties we see in football. You can't deny that.

I think the biggest issue is the competitive balance issue between Public City Schools and Public Suburban City Schools.

If Schools like New Albany Mason, Upper Arlington, Medina, Lakota's, Mentor, The Dublin's, The Olentangy's, The Pickerington's, Springfield's can't compete with their tax payer paid Facilities, High Teacher and Coaching Salaries, Academic Offerings, with the Privates who are behind in all of that then thats on them.

You want to talk advantages lets be realistic and compare Urban Publics to Suburban Publics thats where you will find the biggest CB issues from Academics , Athletics. Facilities, Economic's and Opportunities and it isn't even close.
Suburban Publics by far have more to offer their Students in every aspects than Urban Publics and almost every Private.

List the area's that Privates or Urban Publics offer better opportunities in.

If anyone should separate for Athletic Purposes it should be the 6 Largest Public School Districts in the State. Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland and whoever follows. Those Schools have less than 10% chance combined of winning a State Championship in Football or any other Sport except maybe Basketball . Columbus East pulled off a miracle by making it to the 3rd Round this year . They should make a Movie about their season.

Last edited: