Parkway hires Brian Schmidt as new head coach.

so is Coach Schmidt from Parkway?
He is not. Still trying to figure out what his ties are. In his 30 second interview he stated "getting back to the area". I was told there were over 10 applicants including a lot of internal interest. Listening to the guy talk, it appears he has no idea what he's getting into.

He is not. Still trying to figure out what his ties are. In his 30 second interview he stated "getting back to the area". I was told there were over 10 applicants including a lot of internal interest. Listening to the guy talk, it appears he has no idea what he's getting into.
May be one of the quickest hires to date

Well some people on here said an outside hire not affiliated with the school might be for the best.

Last edited:
Don’t know him from Adam but thought he sounded fine in the short audio clip. Pretty standard answers.

So zero coaching experience at any high school leve? Experience in indoor and mangement.

This tells me they didn’t have anyone else who wanted the job, which is surprising.
I have no dog in this fight and have no idea where Parkway is and didn't know Parkway existed until I opened this thread. HC threads interest me. Has anyone else ever been to a indoor football game? I have attended several in different states receiving free tickets from being a high school football coach and I know a handful of guys that played in them. Indoor leagues and the management are a dumpster fire, the talent in coaching, playing and management dropped significantly after the AFL folded in 2008.

I have no dog in this fight and have no idea where Parkway is and didn't know Parkway existed until I opened this thread. HC threads interest me. Has anyone else ever been to a indoor football game? I have attended several in different states receiving free tickets from being a high school football coach and I know a handful of guys that played in them. Indoor leagues and the management are a dumpster fire, the talent in coaching, playing and management dropped significantly after the AFL folded in 2008.
The quick research I've done on the league he coached in says the players make $200 per game. That's all I need to know about the type of leagues these are.

I've seen a similar experiment like this fail at South Side in Fort Wayne. It sounded like he may have helped in high school football near Columbus before the arena phase? I do like not having ties and having optimistic views of the future. You aren't getting that from anyone local. He needs to make sure the school gives him ample time due to the roster make up. He needs to get it started at middle school and youth if they have it and go from there. HS wise he needs to somehow show growth & improvement each week & year until he gets those middle school & youth players to high school. That is if they have shown they are building something for the future.

Given the drama and lack of success at Parkway, not to mention being in the MAC, an experiment probably isn't what they needed right now from a coaching standpoint. But as I mentioned before, I doubt many wanted to touch the job.

I've seen a similar experiment like this fail at South Side in Fort Wayne. It sounded like he may have helped in high school football near Columbus before the arena phase? I do like not having ties and having optimistic views of the future. You aren't getting that from anyone local. He needs to make sure the school gives him ample time due to the roster make up. He needs to get it started at middle school and youth if they have it and go from there. HS wise he needs to somehow show growth & improvement each week & year until he gets those middle school & youth players to high school. That is if they have shown they are building something for the future.
I'm sort of curious what the guy will do to make a living, being a HC in that conference is a fulltime job in itself.

I'm sort of curious what the guy will do to make a living, being a HC in that conference is a fulltime job in itself.
Good question. I don't believe he was making too much in those indoor leagues as GM & coach.

Good thing is that he's in Northern Mercer County or Southern Van Wert County. The poor area of the MAC unlike Southern Mercer County & Auglaize County.

I might be wrong, but i think back when Coach Whiting got hired at Minster , there was a guy that had arena ball experience that applied at Minster... if it wasn't Minster, it was another job in the area

So zero coaching experience at any high school leve? Experience in indoor and mangement.

This tells me they didn’t have anyone else who wanted the job, which isn't surprising.
According to the Daily Standard
"Schmidt said he’s coached football for well over 20 years, including at the high school level in central Ohio. For the last 17 years, he coached
professional indoor football teams."

I wonder if there's a potential fast paced, wide open offense coming along with him? I don't know a great deal about "indoor" football unless it compares to Arena League.

I played in a couple of those indoor leagues, Some of those teams coach schmidt was a part of are decent programs. I'll be interested in seeing how he adapts it to the high school level.

Found this from 2021 article.

1702699451917.png

reports said he had no high school experience. then it says he coached high school. maybe he coached sycamore v

I read in one article that “Parkway will be doing things on offense that have never been seen before st this level.” 🤦🏼‍♂️ this was according to the new coach. Really?? A gimmick offense probably isn’t getting it done anywhere, let alone the MAC.

I read in one article that “Parkway will be doing things on offense that have never been seen before st this level.” 🤦🏼‍♂️ this was according to the new coach. Really?? A gimmick offense probably isn’t getting it done anywhere, let alone the MAC.
Where was that at?