#PACtion™ 2024

Another great article...it brings me back to the fact that Tusky back in the day had a strong football program...now you did it again with the date...lol...Lake was 3 and 0 starting 2007..beat Copley, Louisville 35 to 34 on a missed extra point, then beat Canton McKinley 24 to 6...now comes week 4...and we lose to Perry 35 to 28. Lake ended up 7 and 4...the highlight of the season was week 10...we play Dresden Tri-Valley at Dresden..they were leading Div 2 Region 7 and were 9-0...we are 6-3...we have to beat Tri-Valley and hope Cardinal Mooney beats Bishop Watterson. This is the biggest game in Tri-Valley history...the only reason the game is scheduled their coach played at West Branch and he knew he had to tuffen up his team. Tri-Valley had given up a total of 40 points coming into this game...their stadium is so small that they brought in extra bleachers for our crowd..we get down there and there are a lot of dead fish around these bleachers they are cleaning up...our fans are just complaining...I am laughing because I had to explain the humor...dead fish..dead Lake...lol...they kick-off and our back runs to their 35...their players are bouncing off of him..we then run the first of 3 plays we ran all night counter left, counter right, and toss sweep...we beat them 42 to 0... we get in the playoffs and have to go back to Louisville..this time we get beat 34 to 21...they missed another extra point..we didn't score as much..the highlight down at Dresden is this...the stadium was butted up against a back yard...before the game starts I look in this back yard and there is a pressbox....the game is getting close and this pressbox is packed and they are knocking back a bunch of beers...had the binocs on them. I go into the PA anounncers part of our pressbox and ask who gets the loge facalities and point at the other pressbox...they break out in laughter and tell me that pressbox is not part of the schools...the guy living there built it to watch the home games...that is why the beer..I point this out to the coaches and they break out in laughter and wonder if we could be served...lol
You need the Mancow Muller Monday night podcast.

Another great article...it brings me back to the fact that Tusky back in the day had a strong football program...now you did it again with the date...lol...Lake was 3 and 0 starting 2007..beat Copley, Louisville 35 to 34 on a missed extra point, then beat Canton McKinley 24 to 6...now comes week 4...and we lose to Perry 35 to 28. Lake ended up 7 and 4...the highlight of the season was week 10...we play Dresden Tri-Valley at Dresden..they were leading Div 2 Region 7 and were 9-0...we are 6-3...we have to beat Tri-Valley and hope Cardinal Mooney beats Bishop Watterson. This is the biggest game in Tri-Valley history...the only reason the game is scheduled their coach played at West Branch and he knew he had to tuffen up his team. Tri-Valley had given up a total of 40 points coming into this game...their stadium is so small that they brought in extra bleachers for our crowd..we get down there and there are a lot of dead fish around these bleachers they are cleaning up...our fans are just complaining...I am laughing because I had to explain the humor...dead fish..dead Lake...lol...they kick-off and our back runs to their 35...their players are bouncing off of him..we then run the first of 3 plays we ran all night counter left, counter right, and toss sweep...we beat them 42 to 0... we get in the playoffs and have to go back to Louisville..this time we get beat 34 to 21...they missed another extra point..we didn't score as much..the highlight down at Dresden is this...the stadium was butted up against a back yard...before the game starts I look in this back yard and there is a press box....the game is getting close and this press box is packed and they are knocking back a bunch of beers...had the binocs on them. I go into the PA announcers part of our press box and ask who gets the loge facilities and point at the other press box...they break out in laughter and tell me that press box is not part of the schools...the guy living there built it to watch the home games...that is why the beer..I point this out to the coaches and they break out in laughter and wonder if we could be served...lol
Week 4 must have been the week that year for Stark County.

Northwest 3-0 played those same Leopards 2-1 just two weeks after Lake. This was still when I was attached to the program and got to see some amazing games. This is probably the best win or top 2 (regional championship) in school history for NW.

NW after that point was the top ranked team in D3 for most of the rest of the season. Louisville eventually made an amazing run to the D2 state championship.

The game was back and forth all night. Getting late into the 4th quarter Louisville was up a score. NW did the ole TE at Tackle trick and bumped a lineman off the line to WR. Worked like a charm.

Louisville then starts driving and NW gets the stop to end the game.

When WHBC ran all the classic games during Covid, I got to listen to it one more time. Pretty cool.

Year 2 a deciding year?! Yeeshhhh
Excerpt from job offer "We're going to offer you the job, but while we were Ofer last year, but we expect to be hosting playoff games by year 2. Understand?"

Coach:
Uh Huh Whatever GIF by Travis

This came up at work today and I think it's a great question for PACtion™. Where did your Head a Coaches come from?
(Football, Wrestling, Basketball, Track, Baseball)

Which school has the highest percentage of homers? Who has the most transplants?

I thought pickleball might be something I could do. Then was told that you play with a wiffleball & you're not allowed to hit your opponent with it. Where's the fun in that?

Pickleball = "woke" outdoor racquetball
Not allowed? Or frowned upon? I see short video clips of it happening, and all I see is people getting butthurt. But I think it's legal.

Year 2 a deciding year?! Yeeshhhh
So what should Manchester expect? All we've heard from the Northwest crowd is how lucky we are to have the Northwest alum and we don't deserve him.

Now don't be mistaken, I've firmly stated I support him and think he did a good job in his first year. The reality is that team was very close to a few more wins last year than they got. They were better than that 1-9 record. They have nearly everyone back, graduated only three seniors that got much playing time. It is Manchester and there are expectations.

So what should Manchester expect? All we've heard from the Northwest crowd is how lucky we are to have the Northwest alum and we don't deserve him.

Now don't be mistaken, I've firmly stated I support him and think he did a good job in his first year. The reality is that team was very close to a few more wins last year than they got. They were better than that 1-9 record. They have nearly everyone back, graduated only three seniors that got much playing time. It is Manchester and there are expectations.
I heard college gameday is coming to the new stadium this year

Sadly, Lee Corso probably wouldn't know the difference between Manchester and Tuscaloosa. I'm not trying to pick on the elderly, I'm close enough myself, but sometimes you gotta know when to say when, great guy in his day, but they need to get him off the air
I can see old Lee, reading the teleprompter to announce his pick for the game, it'd be something like this "I'm gonna take the scarlet and gray, Ohio State, pause, put on Buckeye head gear."

Sadly, Lee Corso probably wouldn't know the difference between Manchester and Tuscaloosa. I'm not trying to pick on the elderly, I'm close enough myself, but sometimes you gotta know when to say when, great guy in his day, but they need to get him off the air
I work for someone who's husband played for Lee Corso at Indiana in the mid 70's. He can't stand Lee Corso even to this day.

Writing the phrase "can't stand" reminds me of my ex-wife and ex GF's. None of whom have a free beach house at Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, or a Master's Degree from the prestigious Xavier University.

I thought I'd add that.

@Rich Kotite and anyone else with a deep #PACtion heritage or just general love for and knowledge of HS football around these parts, did you ever think you'd see the day where there are no grass fields in Stark County??? Seems crazy, but I believe with the Slaw's installation, that was the last remaining grass field, unless I am forgetting any.

I work for someone who's husband played for Lee Corso at Indiana in the mid 70's. He can't stand Lee Corso even to this day.
I hate hearing stuff like that, well, don't get me wrong, if someone is an a-hole, I wanna know, but when we hear about certain athletes or any celeb really that is just a total D. I'm sure most people at that level have some level of ego, but it's always disappointing when you hear about it. Another one my pops used to tell me was Bob Griese, multiple stories, but heard him with his own ears during a HOF event, "don't these people have anything better to do"? Real winner there........ last time I checked "these people" paid for your friggin salary with tickets, merchandise, $20 dollar beers and $8 hot dogs, well maybe not in his day, but you get the idea.

The Wayne County Athletic League would defend Lee Corso because it's tradition and they don't change. They'd trot Lee out there at Rittman Indians stadium until he's 103 years old.

@Rich Kotite and anyone else with a deep #PACtion heritage or just general love for and knowledge of HS football around these parts, did you ever think you'd see the day where there are no grass fields in Stark County??? Seems crazy, but I believe with the Slaw's installation, that was the last remaining grass field, unless I am forgetting any.
I'm really not surprised grass is gone in Stark County and Tuslaw was the last grass field.

These things usually go as fads for awhile until the next idea happens. To wit, the NFL was all about astroturf in the 70's, then it switched to grass fields being the way to go, and now they're back on fake grass but a more updated version from the 1970's rugburn variety.

Ohio State's gone from grass, to astroturf, back to grass, and now the updated fake grass. And they still play that damn Hang on Sloopy which is poopy.

I hate hearing stuff like that, well, don't get me wrong, if someone is an a-hole, I wanna know, but when we hear about certain athletes or any celeb really that is just a total D. I'm sure most people at that level have some level of ego, but it's always disappointing when you hear about it. Another one my pops used to tell me was Bob Griese, multiple stories, but heard him with his own ears during a HOF event, "don't these people have anything better to do"? Real winner there........ last time I checked "these people" paid for your friggin salary with tickets, merchandise, $20 dollar beers and $8 hot dogs, well maybe not in his day, but you get the idea.
Well.....some good news. The people at the Courtyard by Marriott at Belden Village love Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys. He's donated artwork to the hotel. Jerry's into paintings & art beyond football.

A waiter at The Twisted Olive on 241 said Troy Aikman is a nice guy.

Staff at the Columbus Airport liked Brent Musburger who would walk through the airport drinking a stiff drink (in the days before super security).

Coolest NFL guy I ever met was former Bengals coach Sam Wyche. So smart, so nice, funny, just a cool dude. And Cleveland hated him, LOL.

Karma has a way with people. Bob Griese got his: