#PACtion™ 2024

I agree that coaches mostly look at measurables and projections on who they recruit. I am a Pitt fan, and over the years Pitt did take a few "Poochie type players" who were all everything in HS but didn't have the measurables. Were they stars at Pitt? No, not even 1 of them. Were they good role players who started a few years or they were top reserves? Yes a few of them did become solid starters or top reserves, not all but over 50% of them. I find that to be very successful. There are tons of variables and no two situations are the same.

I also find the opposite to be true also. There were 2 big cases here in Pittsburgh with the last 15 years. 1 kid was a 5 star number 2 rated QB in the nation. 6'5" 215lbs, Athletic, with an arm that was unreal. I am talking 70 yard throws without effort. The problem was he sucked. He was not accurate and had no feel for the game. Anyone who actually watched him play did not understand it because he was not good. Sure enough he chose Penn St over a lot of blue blood programs and he ended up at a FCS school in 2 years where he even failed to start there.

Another kid was the number 1 rated OT in the country. 6'6" 290lbs of muscle, incredible athlete moved better than most college WRs no joke. Too bad he was a wuss and had no heart. My nephew was a 5'10" sophomore DE who ended up at John Carroll. A #1 OT in the country should have dominated my nephew. My nephew made that kid his b**ch. Totally dominated him. That kid also ended up at a FCS school and only started one year there with no post season honors.

I am not suggesting my nephew should of been D1 instead of D3. Just saying that projections and measurables are not the best way to evaluatebut that is what is mostly done. Why? Because coaches have huge ego's and they think they can "coach them up." The better ones can, but mostly enough of them will rise to the top that the misses are not seen. At the middle programs, that is where you see it more failing.
I believe you and I are in agreement. Love how you articulated your point. My son had the opportunity to go against a OSU recruit in 2019 at the same positions, very similar to your nephew. My son probably had his best game of high school football that night. The only advice I gave him that night was that if that monster got his hands on him it would be curtains for him, for the most part he was able to do that. The few times he didn't do it, he paid the price 🤣. The only thing I don't like about your post is that he went to John Carrol. BW is a far better school 😁😁.

BW is a far better school 😁😁.
Love the pride folks show in their alma maters, but tough days ahead for the BW bumblebees. . .

1707154349774.png

Love the pride folks show in their alma maters
Did anybody else's undergraduate alma mater get sued by the FTC, resulting in a class action lawsuit?

My graduate alma mater is in the clear legally, although they did lose their football program.

But at least I didn't go to Oberlin.

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

While we're talking about pride in our alma mater, did anyone else room with a professional athlete and national champion while in college?

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

Last edited:
My answer for all of this lack of tuffness is this: Bringing Wooster back to the Fed would add some sophisticated tuffness especially with the hippies at Local Roots Market and Cafe. They will beat you with locally sourced organic granola and you'll love it.
And the future home of 8 Bell Stores. The trouble with getting back in the Fed is Wooster would have to drive through PACtion territory.
Im The Best Better Than You GIF by BLoafX

The lack of pro or D-I college material in the Fed = lack of tuffness.

And let's add that BSO doesn't like the chicken at the Hartville Kitchen these days.

My answer for all of this lack of tuffness is this: Bringing Wooster back to the Fed would add some sophisticated tuffness especially with the hippies at Local Roots Market and Cafe. They will beat you with locally sourced organic granola and you'll love it.

And then delete McKinley.

McK should build their own stadium away from the Hall of Fame It Takes a Village to Ripoff Investors & Taxpayers Complex.
Wooster is weaker then the last time they were in the Fed....they are not coming this way even if they were given special sale pricing at the Cannibus store

Kirk Barton is a douche...all am going to say

I still like the noodles and rolls...their chicken and pies are stupid pricing

McKinley needs to be deleted...but they will never leave the league...they can lose in other sports close by on a Tuesday night then drive to Warren...they will eventually get their own stadium when Licther eventually bleeds the county dry and they give the stadium back to McKinley

Last edited:
Did anybody else's undergraduate alma mater get sued by the FTC, resulting in a class action lawsuit?

My graduate alma mater is in the clear legally, although they did lose their football program.

But at least I didn't go to Oberlin.

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

While we're talking about pride in our alma mater, did anyone else room with a professional athlete and national champion while in college?

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas
Don't be shy, please provide details.

You r saying Manchester has a better team than STV ?
Yes. St. V is soulless and heartless lead by a total idiot in the NBA

Why doesn't LeBum ask Nike to make some of his items in Akron so a couple thousand Akron area citizens could be employed? What a hero he'd be if he brought some Chinese Nike manufacturing back to Akron....but NO. He doesn't give a crap.

Y'all accept making your city poor and crappy.

Akron people should be yelling for the on-shoring of LeBum Nike products to be made in Ohio instead of which private school is more powerful. Who gives a crap about Hoban or St V's?

Hell Cleveland said let's partner together and make the airport and other economic marketing efforts as "Cleveland/Akron" just like Dallas/Fort Worth or Minneapolis/St Paul and your Akron City Hall said no.

How stupid is Akron?

Let me know when the highways are fixed.

Akron is dumb.

Last edited:
Yes. St. V is soulless and heartless lead by a total idiot in the NBA

Why doesn't LeBum ask Nike to make some of his items in Akron so a couple thousand could be employed? What a hero he'd be if he brought some Chinese manufacturing back to Akron....but NO.

Y'all accept making your city poor and crappy.

Akron people should be yelling for the on-shoring of LeBum Nike products nstead of which private school is more powerful. Who gives a crap about Hoban or St V's?

Hell Cleveland said let's partner and make the airport and other economic marketing efforts as "Cleveland/Akron" just like Dallas/Fort Worth or Minneapolis/St Paul and your Akron City Hall said no.

How stupid is Akron?

Let me know when the highways are fixed.

Akron is dumb.
I love the smell of Napalm on Yappi! Rich is on a roll...taking names and kicking behinds!

One thing...Nike has no idea what east of the Mississippi looks like and you are also believing that there would be people who would want to work for them at not Lebum wages...20 years ago easy peasy...not so much now...but I am behind you all the way! It is a great way to make Douche Lebum squirm

I love the smell of Napalm on Yappi! Rich is on a roll...taking names and kicking behinds!

One thing...Nike has no idea what east of the Mississippi looks like and you are also believing that there would be people who would want to work for them at not Lebum wages...20 years ago easy peasy...not so much now...but I am behind you all the way! It is a great way to make Douche Lebum squirm

NOTE: Lou Anarumo is just for Raylan because he says my Bengals posts stink up his garbage disposal.

We are taking everything back! #PACtion

Screenshot_20240205-194237-907.png
Screenshot_20240123-172649-011.png

82670.jpeg

1440004436.0.jpg

Last edited:
Wooster is weaker then the last time they were in the Fed....they are not coming this way even if they were given special sale pricing at the Cannibus store

Kirk Barton is a douche...all am going to say

I still like the noodles and rolls...their chicken and pies are stupid pricing

McKinley needs to be deleted...but they will never leave the league...they can lose in other sports close by on a Tuesday night then drive to Warren...they will eventually get their own stadium when Licther eventually bleeds the county dry and they give the stadium back to McKinley
It's true Wooster is weaker but I think Lake, honestly, and Green, need someone a bit closer in enrollment.

Wadsworth, Louisville, Wooster....or.....

Barberton.

😲

Route 619 warm up the bus.

It's true Wooster is weaker but I think Lake, honestly, and Green, need someone a bit closer in enrollment.

Wadsworth, Louisville, Wooster....or.....

Barberton.

😲

Route 619 warm up the bus.
Louisville was in the Fed twice! You going for the trifecta are you!.

What about Hoover..they are smaller then Green...of the teams that make sense is Wadsworth..and they are D 1...they have 200 more boys then lake...lol....The Magics would have been good in the 80's...the Bodner Twins and Carter Scott would have been good ambassadors...plus they would have used up all their eligibility!

Louisville was in the Fed twice! You going for the trifecta are you!.

What about Hoover..they are smaller then Green...of the teams that make sense is Wadsworth..and they are D 1...they have 200 more boys then lake...lol....The Magics would have been good in the 80's...the Bodner Twins and Carter Scott would have been good ambassadors
Something's gotta happen or maybe not? I just don't think McKinley is where you wanna be in the long term.

Accept what you are which is fine - a Stark County suburban league that kicks butt in Olympic sports and don't worry about the other schools who aren't you. Just be you - you'll get tons of dates. Don't worry about the others.

It's like asking Ray Kroc to sell burritos instead of burgers.

It's hard for Stark County to understand....but not all schools are the same. Some might be football excellent, some might be pretty good but even better in the Olympic sports. It's just how it is. If you can change that, you're quite an athletic director.

Last edited:
Something's gotta happen or maybe not? I just don't think McKinley is where you wanna be in the long term.

Accept what you are which is fine - a Stark County suburban league that kicks butt in Olympic sports and don't worry about the other schools who aren't you.

It's like asking Ray Kroc to sell burritos instead of burgers.
McKinley will not leave...travel expenses low...always win in football and will get basketball figured out...they could careless about the other sports...if they jump out into the real world they would be exposed more then they are...McKinley will never win another state title in football

It's hard for Stark County to understand....but not all schools are the same. Some might be football excellent, some might be pretty good but even better in the Olympic sports. It's just how it is. If you can change that, you're quite an athletic director.
Back in the 70's and 80's being an athletic director was a good job to have...you were like the starter at The Elms...now to be an AD...you are absolutely nuts...you are now the whole greens staff at the Elms and Riceland

If not careful they can be like Garfield while Lake is desperately trying not to be Springfield South...in your time at Theee Tuslaw...who would have believed that statement?
Yes I remember the old days of Akron Garfield.

It's why I comment about the incompetence of Akron and why people gloss over it.

It's not acceptable.

Akron used to be a fine city and now it's crumbled while everyone seemingly pays attention to meaningless drivel like St Vs or Hoban when instead the city has become Camden, NJ.

Even worse is when Cleveland says "partner with us" and Akron pouts like a child and says no.

Does anyone realize what a solid market Cleveland/Akron would be if they seriously teamed up?

All the Dolan "we're a small market" garbage would be proven wrong.....if an honest media did its research.

Yes I remember the old days of Akron Garfield.

It's why I comment about the incompetence of Akron and why people gloss over it.

It's not acceptable.

Akron used to be a fine city and now it's crumbled while everyone seemingly pays attention to meaningless drivel like St Vs or Hoban when instead the city has become Camden, NJ.

Even worse is when Cleveland says "partner with us" and Akron pouts like a child and says no.

Does anyone realize what a solid market Cleveland/Akron would be if they seriously teamed up?

All the Dolan "we're a small market" garbage would be proven wrong.....if an honest media did its research.
People do not realize how many people live in Northeast Ohio...I had one of the smallest territories for the medical company I worked for..by smallest I mean by living in Stark I was an hour and half away from my farthest hospital...there were reps that had to cover two states to match hospitals that were and are here...

I doubt Wooster would be favored to win the PAC most years. Even the band isn't as good as it used to be since the previous band director retired.:cry:
I want you to know I was at the game where they debuted the infamous script Woo!...they did that at their old stadium that was packed into the small area by the park...lol

A PACtion story...especially for the Manchester faithful....I ran into a friend of mine who was the white hat at the Manchester vs Northwest game...John can be rough on officials...he always has...you just have to watch him closely cause a lot of times he doesn't appear like he is doing that...well chatting today I found out that during the Northwest Manchester game...he told me what John was like...I then asked how was Kevin Stacy...he said he was a lot like John...and he didn't give up...he was down by thirty and he is just working the officials...finally had to tell him Coach we are not going to do that tonight...that is a good idea of what your coach is like...never gave up

NOTE: Lou Anarumo is just for Raylan because he says my Bengals posts stink up his garbage disposal.

View attachment 54004
Have to be honest, Rich. Was really disappointed that Lou didn't get more HC looks the last few years. As a Browns fan, would have been MORE than happy to see him find another home. Got to respect a guy that spend 20+ years in college before even getting an NFL job. Compare that to Brian Callahan who went straight from a high school offensive coordinator to an NFL job. If I sound jealous it's because I am. My father was only good at drinking beer & remembering bartenders names. Both skills that made him simultaneously fun to hang our with and worthless.