PAC 7 who wins it in 2023/2024

Sad to see the Pit closing.
Good win for the Royals. Does that wrap up the league for them?
Technically Northwest can still win the league outright, but they'd need to win out vs Fairless, Canton South, CVCA, and Manchester, and CVCA would also have to lose to both Manchester and Tuslaw, which ain't happening. LoL!

So yes, for all intents and purposes, that won the league for CVCA.

1. I think Triway should still play at the PIT
2. I was talking to a few friends who went to the Manchester Canton South game last night. And they say that Canton South has the best home court advantage in the PAC. Can anyone else validate this?

1. I think Triway should still play at the PIT
2. I was talking to a few friends who went to the Manchester Canton South game last night. And they say that Canton South has the best home court advantage in the PAC. Can anyone else validate this?
Meaning the best home crowd? Because if that’s what they mean, than definitely not.

CVCA wins it again last night. Congratulations to the Royals.

I’m sorry, but Tuslaw was absolutely awful. I’m not sure that group could win the freshmen tournament.

Sad to hear that the PIT is closing. I remember going to games in the early & mid 90's and the place being absolutely packed. Watched games there & played in the PIT. It was unique and something special. Advantage for Triway and intimidating for opponents. I still I have a tape of when Oak Hill Academy and Jerry Stackhouse came to the PIT.

I'm a PAC grad from Manchester. My son's basketball team plays their first playoff game against them- Keystone. Keystone has a frosh phenom who can shoot lights out but isn't all that athletic yet. They also bring a very quick, high jumping kid that can will his way to the bucket. He scores 25pts a game. What do the Panthers bring? Best asset?

While I’m not surprised that the PAC coaches didn’t vote for Futch as COY, but it’s a joke. The guy hasn’t lost a league game in two years and even though everyone was predicting their demise this season with the loss of Peterson, he still ran the table. The Royals are state ranked and playing great basketball. Not to take anything away from Holt, but Futch should be the COY.

While I’m not surprised that the PAC coaches didn’t vote for Futch as COY, but it’s a joke. The guy hasn’t lost a league game in two years and even though everyone was predicting their demise this season with the loss of Peterson, he still ran the table. The Royals are state ranked and playing great basketball. Not to take anything away from Holt, but Futch should be the COY.
This is incredibly inept by the PAC not honor Coach Futch in their last year in the league. This seems pretty intentional and is definitely the PAC giving CVCA the middle finger on the way out.

Last edited:
He could’ve placed COTY right next to another district runner up.

This shows me how much of an absolute loser you are. Go back to sleep.
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

This will fall on deaf ears but the cvca kid is the POY for the district, team goes undefeated and he doesn’t win the PAC POY. The PAC hatred of CVCA is quite obvious and sadly pathetic. Good for you guys, you ran them out. Go play with yourselves

This will fall on deaf ears but the cvca kid is the POY for the district, team goes undefeated and he doesn’t win the PAC POY. The PAC hatred of CVCA is quite obvious and sadly pathetic. Good for you guys, you ran them out. Go play with yourselves
I don't think someone who scored 4 more points per game than everyone else in the league, while going 10-4 in the conference, is anything to sneeze at. As for the whole idea that the MVP/POY should just go to the "best player on the best team"...

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Last edited:
Why would a league of public schools continue to align with a private sport's academy? They have nothing in common with any other school in this league.

This is incredibly inept by the PAC not honor Coach Futch in their last year in the league. This seems pretty intentional and is definitely the PAC giving CVCA the middle finger on the way out.
There is a super easy answer to this.......

These awards are voted on collectively by the league members. There were multiple times this year where CVCA is up considerably and still pressing in the 4th quarter. Stuff like that does not sit well with people - and it certainly doesn't get you votes when it comes to post-season awards.

There is a super easy answer to this.......

These awards are voted on collectively by the league members. There were multiple times this year where CVCA is up considerably and still pressing in the 4th quarter. Stuff like that does not sit well with people - and it certainly doesn't get you votes when it comes to post-season awards.
I am fully understand how the post season awards are voted on. I am also aware of how many times Koach was awarded PAC COY in football and he also left his starters in when games were long out of hand. Honestly I'm surprised that you would offer this reason as a valid reason for the snub. It was clearly a parting FU to CVCA.

I am fully understand how the post season awards are voted on. I am also aware of how many times Koach was awarded PAC COY in football and he also left his starters in when games were long out of hand. Honestly I'm surprised that you would offer this reason as a valid reason for the snub. It was clearly a parting FU to CVCA.
I totally agree with you - that definitely had something to do with it! But at the same time - I think pressing in the 4th quarter of games that were well out of reach was also, at the same time, a parting FU to the rest of the league.....

For the record, I'm not someone who complains about stuff like that - I typically don't like the added injury risk for leaving starters in, but I have no problem with a press being put on late in games. It's not the winning team's job to make it easier on the opponent. I was just telling you what I heard from different fan bases that there was displeasure in what was happening - and that it 100% played a factor in how those post-season votes were cast....

Should I assume that the PAC schools didn’t realize that CVCA was a private school when they brought them into the league 25 years ago.

Its a rare occurrence when the best player on the best team isn’t the POY

I'm a PAC grad from Manchester. My son's basketball team plays their first playoff game against them- Keystone. Keystone has a frosh phenom who can shoot lights out but isn't all that athletic yet. They also bring a very quick, high jumping kid that can will his way to the bucket. He scores 25pts a game. What do the Panthers bring? Best asset?
An underachieving team, five senior starters, finished the season 1-8 in last 9 games, only win was against an 0-23 Tuslaw team.