PAC 2022

I did not see it coming. But I know that Coach Brenner has two young children, so if anybody ever truly meant that as the reason for stepping down, it'd be him. Coaching a sport, especially football, requires so much time away from family, and it takes a toll on everyone involved. The unsung heroes are coaches' wives. They are all amazing.
Didn’t have “New Triway Head Coach” on the off-season Bingo card. But “Amen!” to the coaches’ wives comment.

Good luck to him. My guess is the football bug will hit again someday.

I did not see it coming. But I know that Coach Brenner has two young children, so if anybody ever truly meant that as the reason for stepping down, it'd be him. Coaching a sport, especially football, requires so much time away from family, and it takes a toll on everyone involved. The unsung heroes are coaches' wives. They are all amazing.
Considering the Triway background of Ashland University's new head coach Doug Geiser maybe Brenner might want to be an assistant at AU while still teaching? Just a thought.

As much as Ashland recruits the Mansfield/Wayne County/Stark County area having Brenner around would be good for AU. Lee Owens certainly recruited the region well.

Any short list for the Triway job. Believe they hired from within last time. Is that possible again? Do they have jobs available for someone outside the district as I believe that was an issue before with a one and done coach?

Any short list for the Triway job. Believe they hired from within last time. Is that possible again? Do they have jobs available for someone outside the district as I believe that was an issue before with a one and done coach?
With all things Triway, I defer to @thePITman , but I believe the one & done coach knew that the coaching gig didn't come with a district job when he accepted the position. He said that was his reason for leaving in the interviews he did after resigning. I read that as one of those situations where the facts didn't change, but how he felt about them did.

With all things Triway, I defer to @thePITman , but I believe the one & done coach knew that the coaching gig didn't come with a district job when he accepted the position. He said that was his reason for leaving in the interviews he did after resigning. I read that as one of those situations where the facts didn't change, but how he felt about them did.
Yeah, about that one & done coach... LoL There was other stuff that happened, too, but that story's for another day. It just wasn't the right fit.

As for the current coaching search, if people on here want to share their rumors, they are welcome to. But I would feel irresponsible if I were to share what I have heard. My sources are pretty good, but it's not my place to make anything public. I can share that we have opened it up externally, as can be seen on the OHSAA website, and that we have received (in my opinion) a surprisingly high number of applicants, which is good to see.

Yeah, about that one & done coach... LoL There was other stuff that happened, too, but that story's for another day. It just wasn't the right fit.

As for the current coaching search, if people on here want to share their rumors, they are welcome to. But I would feel irresponsible if I were to share what I have heard. My sources are pretty good, but it's not my place to make anything public. I can share that we have opened it up externally, as can be seen on the OHSAA website, and that we have received (in my opinion) a surprisingly high number of applicants, which is good to see.
The calendar has turned. We're ten days into the new year.
  • Triway is looking for a coach to lead them in 2023
  • The new school may be built before Manchester names a coach (I jest, I jest!). But the search has it's own thread, which recently delved into adult beverages of choice while mowing lawns
  • No truth to the rumor that TCU is seeking to replace CVCA in the PAC after last night's beatdown.
Is it time to put this award-winning 2022 thread to bed? Not my call to make, to be sure, but I'll defer to @the123kidz, who kicked off the 2022 version.

New Beginnings.jpg