P90X and Other Ramblings

BlueBevil6853

Since the beginning of March I have been trying to lose weight. Thus far, I have lost almost 25 lbs but have yet to reach my goal. While I know BR1968FB kind of has this P90X topic covered, I’m going to start a blog of my own to keep myself motivated and hopefully provide some other content as well. Tonight I’m simply going to post my measurements and in the coming days I might post some pictures.

Ht: 6’ 1”
Wt: 199 lbs
Bodyfat: 15%
Waist: 34 in
Chest: 39 in
Biceps: 14 in
Thigh: 24 in
Calf: 14 in

If you compare my numbers with BR1968FB’s starting numbers, you’ll see that we have very different builds. I’ve never really lifted weights and was basically sedentary outside of high school sports before the beginning of March so I've come a long way already. My main goal is to build some muscle but not bulk up too much because I still golf pretty regularly and would like to keep my golf swing pretty much intact. Workout starts tomorrow at 10 am.

Well day one is complete and it was as good as advertised. I have a bit of a cold right now which made me lose my energy quicker than I anticipated but I managed to finish and I can't believe how sore my back already is. Not feeling it in the chest or core yet but I'm sure I will in the morning when I try out the plyometrics workout for the first time. I've done a little bit of plyometrics in the past and loved it so I'm pretty excited to get started and see what Tony's got up his sleeves.

After the plyometrics yesterday I made the mistake of doing some yard work and playing some basketball as well. My legs are pretty much shot today and after the shoulders and arms and second round of the ab ripper I can barely move without being sore. Hopefully the yoga will give me a break tomorrow to allow me to recover a bit.

Yoga went well today. This will probably be the only thing that will be easier than I'm used to doing but I've really enjoyed yoga since I started doing it in April so it okay with me. Legs and Back is up tomorrow.

While looking around for different protein bars online, I came across this search engine on bodybuilding.com. I found it to be pretty useful.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/protbarfinder.htm

Finished the first week workouts yesterday with Kenpo X but really didn't like it. I might try to substitute Cardio X on Saturdays which does use some kenpo moves but I can tolerate it since it isn't a full hour. Even though today is a rest day, I was going to run or something anyway but I woke up with a really stiff neck so I think I'm just going to take it easy. Hopefully it loosens up enough for me to get back at it tomorrow.

This is probably just in my head but I swear I have already begun to see results. My chest seems a little more defined and my stomach looks a little flatter. Anyway, I took another day off yesterday but was back at it today. Neck is still a little sore so I skipped the ab ripper workout for today but am going to make it up tomorrow after the plyometrics. Also, to get back on track from the missed workout yesterday I'm going to skip this week's rest day and continue through next week.

I know I haven't posted in a while but I'm still at it. Back on track and finished plyometrics this morning after skipping the rest day Sunday. Weighed in over the weekend and I'm already down 3 lbs which is perfectly fine with me since I had a few extra carbs in liquid form (if you catch my drift) on Thursday and Friday.

Since I can't seem to find a job and have little else going on this summer, I've had a lot of free time. To fill the time I've decided to try to learn how to play the guitar and found a pretty good online tuner.

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/onlinetuner.html