Olentangy Liberty HC Search

Firs thought is Ed Miley who is the HC at Westerville Central.

Was a OC/DC for Liberty under Hale.
Miley isn't leaving after 1 year.

My guess is someone in house he was trying to set up for the job. Its late and if they brought in somebody from outside probably be May before they get hired.

Miley isn't leaving after 1 year.

My guess is someone in house he was trying to set up for the job. Its late and if they brought in somebody from outside probably be May before they get hired.
Miley still teaches in the district. IMO could happen. But, I see where you are coming from.

Hale was a fantastic high school coach. He really built a nice program. I agree there will be a ton of interest in this job. Great school district and administration is very supportive of athletics and loyal to coaches.

My sources (Which have been wrong 3 times) say they will hire from within.
That may be the most prudent and sensible move since it is mid-March. Liberty’s been the most consistent program of the four in OLSD, so an easy transition against the clock can serve well. After this upcoming season they could do what New Albany did after Kidwell stepped down (hire from within and the keys handed over have remained in the recipient’s hands) or, depending on whatever get someone from across the state or a local rising coach.

i think westerville centrals old coach was on staff there last year. not sure who else on staff would be qualified.
hale was excellent at Liberty. Ram a first class program.

I am sure a lot of coaches around Central Ohio have applied. Wonder when they are going to start the interview process though. Seems kind of late and not much movement. As for W. Central, this could be really bad. They had a tough time finding a coach 2 years ago when Miley took over, to have to go through that again ... not ideal

Another thing that could hurt Central is the excitement being created at North. Jackson has kids from North and South excited about playing for a former OSU star.

Another thing that could hurt Central is the excitement being created at North. Jackson has kids from North and South excited about playing for a former OSU star.
We’ll see how long that lasts…usually the star studded coaching staff has trouble panning out…kind of like the star studded rosters

We’ll see how long that lasts…usually the star studded coaching staff has trouble panning out…kind of like the star studded rosters
I agree, I don’t think he will last. Any update on the Liberty job? I am assuming they started first rounds this week or possibly next, it’s been quiet.

They struggled to find a coach when Miley took the job. If they have someone internal, that would be great for them. Keep in mind, Cross left to take over at Teays Valley, a lot of turnover could be coming their way

Miley makes sense since he was there for a while, has HC experience, and I am pretty sure I read that he still taught in Olentangy Schools while he was the HC at WC. I would love to know how many applicants they got for that job though!!!