Old Ohio HS gym with on-court obstruction?

I'm trying to remember an old gym discussed many years ago, on here or on JJ, that literally had a stair or a railing or something in the corner on the boundaries of the basketball court. A picture was linked to the post. Anybody know what I'm talking about or have a link or a pic? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4663.jpeg
    IMG_4663.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 260
My God

There are old gyms and even some current rec centers used for youth ball where a second deck or track hangs over the court. Corner threes are a challenge.

I officiated a number of games at New Boston when the old gym was used (they now have a new faciility. Never saw the "step" come into play. I think everybody was so aware of it. A very small gym that was almost impossible to referee in.

When I first started @ Caldwell 14 years ago Beallsville (then coached by former Meadowbrook boys coach and current Union Local girls coach Scooter Tolzda) played in a gym that still had restraining lines, halfcourt was not actually half court as it was three feet from the top of the key, the baselines were on the base of the wall and it had the old school clock still hanging like they have in hoosiers (though they no longer used it). We played a game in there that both teams scored close to 100 points in.

My dad is in his 70's, he has always tried to tell me that they scored so many more points than teams do now, I don't think that's accurate btw, but my response to him is always the same, I could shoot a jump shot from the opposite end of the gyms he played in, they should have scored more points lol.

Sciotoville Community School in the Southern part of the state plays in a gym that is smaller then the old New Boston gym. It may be the only high school gym in the Southeast District that has the restraining lines. You could shoot a 3 from the corner in New Boston (provided you had a small foot) but you can't at Sciotoville.

I'm pretty sure that a couple Catholic elementary schools on the westside had gym in the basement that had pillars in the middle of the floor. I can remember if it was St Bonifice or Blessed Sacrament or maybe even St Procups but one of those gyms if no 2 had the same set up.