OHSAA Why would you schedule Boys and Girls tournament games on the same day?

But that's the problem with your thought process. There are limitations.....the biggest being that not every venue is available every day. You can't force a site to host games. If there aren't enough venues available on a Wednesday then some games have to be played on Thursday. The OHSAA and the SWDAB have been doing this for a long time. Do you think they just sit around and say "hey, let's make the girls and boys play the same days just so we can create problems"?
I’m trying to establish an agreed upon endpoint.

If we all can agree that the end goal would be given no limitations that we would like to have boys and girls play on separate days then we can discuss the benefits of them playing on the same day and the issues as to why we are currently not capable in doing that.

But nobody on here seems to want to commit to a simple and obvious premise that the games shouldn’t be played on the same day if possible.

For the second time......

1708970778462.png

If we all can agree that the end goal would be given no limitations that we would like to have boys and girls play on separate days then we can discuss the benefits of them playing on the same day and the issues as to why we are currently not capable in doing that.

But nobody on here seems to want to commit to a simple and obvious premise that the games shouldn’t be played on the same day if possible.
I think you're just trying to see how long you can keep getting responses lol. So here you go.......YES, if in some fantasy world that you seem to think is available somewhere there were no limitations......then of course it would make sense to play the games on different days. NOBODY has argued that....not once. Since we are now somehow living in a fantasy world I'm going to go down to the beach on the ocean here in Ohio and enjoy this sunny day!

You have answered your own questions. There is no such world as "no limitations" and avoiding playing on same day if possible.....isn't possible.

I think you're just trying to see how long you can keep getting responses lol. So here you go.......YES, if in some fantasy world that you seem to think is available somewhere there were no limitations......then of course it would make sense to play the games on different days. NOBODY has argued that....not once. Since we are now somehow living in a fantasy world I'm going to go down to the beach on the ocean here in Ohio and enjoy this sunny day!
Ok great. So we want to play the games on separate days. These separate days only need to be set by each region as there is no need to worry about a conflict between the northeast region and the southwest region

I propose the benefits of playing on separate days:
- More ticket sales
- More concession
- Less strain on resources including refs and venues
- Communities get to see more games.

Do we agree on the benefits?

I can’t think of a negative to playing on separate days. If you can think of one, let me know.

Basketball plays two games a week. So that leaves 3 days of the week for boys and 3 days of the week for girls. You need at least one day between games. So let’s give girls Monday, Wednesday Friday and the boys Tuesday, Thursday Saturday.

If we know this before the tournament starts we can approach the venues with these days in mind for both girls and boys. Sone venues may only want to host boys or girls, but you may find a venue is willing to do both.

Do you see any issues with this so far?

I don’t care if anybody responds. If nobody responds the thread dies. I’m just trying to discuss a way to fix a problem that 7 communities faced in one region just this year.

I think it is awesome that the swdab decided to change the Waynesville girls game time for Tuesday night.

Now the Madison coach will miss his daughter performing in the school show choir. It starts at 7:00 and they are the third group to perform. Probably start about 8:20. The Alter coach will miss his sons basketball game ar the Kettering Rec. It is scheduled to start at 8:15.

These coaches picked that bracket to play at 6:00 to make their own kids activities. Now to accommodate Waynesville, they will have to choose to go coach their teams or to attend their own kids activity.

What do you think these coaches should do? I am sure your thank you will mean a lot to their son and daughter when they get home after missing these events.

I think it is awesome that the swdab decided to change the Waynesville girls game time for Tuesday night.

Now the Madison coach will miss his daughter performing in the school show choir. It starts at 7:00 and they are the third group to perform. Probably start about 8:20. The Alter coach will miss his sons basketball game ar the Kettering Rec. It is scheduled to start at 8:15.

These coaches picked that bracket to play at 6:00 to make their own kids activities. Now to accommodate Waynesville, they will have to choose to go coach their teams or to attend their own kids activity.

What do you think these coaches should do? I am sure your thank you will mean a lot to their son and daughter when they get home after missing these events.
I guess what earlier people who posted said. You have to make adult decisions and might have to miss something. That’s life.

Or ask why the SWDAB felt compelled to change the times. I didn’t do it. I didn’t complain to anyone on the board or OHSAA or our AD

Or maybe we can acknowledge there is a problem in the original scheduling and see if we can limit the amount of conflicts to as small as possible so that parents and communities don’t have to miss anything games choir or any other activity.

Ok great. So we want to play the games on separate days. These separate days only need to be set by each region as there is no need to worry about a conflict between the northeast region and the southwest region

I propose the benefits of playing on separate days:
- More ticket sales
- More concession
- Less strain on resources including refs and venues
- Communities get to see more games.

Do we agree on the benefits?

I can’t think of a negative to playing on separate days. If you can think of one, let me know.

Basketball plays two games a week. So that leaves 3 days of the week for boys and 3 days of the week for girls. You need at least one day between games. So let’s give girls Monday, Wednesday Friday and the boys Tuesday, Thursday Saturday.

If we know this before the tournament starts we can approach the venues with these days in mind for both girls and boys. Sone venues may only want to host boys or girls, but you may find a venue is willing to do both.

Do you see any issues with this so far?

I don’t care if anybody responds. If nobody responds the thread dies. I’m just trying to discuss a way to fix a problem that 7 communities faced in one region just this year.
Why do you presume this isn’t precisely what is done currently , and that the schedule that comes out each year is the best possible schedule based on venue and resource limitations ?

So winter sports tournament should be played on separate days, but fall sports tournament/ playoffs should be on the same day. But not soccer and cross country. Those should be kept separate. Am I missing something?

So winter sports tournament should be played on separate days, but fall sports tournament/ playoffs should be on the same day. But not soccer and cross country. Those should be kept separate. Am I missing something?
Please disregard any of the soccer talk to just focus on basketball at the moment. I shouldn’t have brought up the soccer so we can stay focused.

Please disregard any of the soccer talk to just focus on basketball at the moment. I shouldn’t have brought up the soccer so we can stay focused.
I'm completely focused. As someone else said, we should disregard you contradiction? This is why nobody can take you serious on this thread. People like you are why we lose great administrators, coaches and officials. Dealing with parents like you, people don't want to deal with the constant complaining.

I'm completely focused. As someone else said, we should disregard you contradiction? This is why nobody can take you serious on this thread. People like you are why we lose great administrators, coaches and officials. Dealing with parents like you, people don't want to deal with the constant complaining.
Who have I complained to other than this discussion board? I’m thought this board was to discuss ideas? I’m attempting to make things better.

I have yet to receive any type of concise answer why we shouldn’t attempt to schedule girls and boys basketball games on different days

This is related to basketball only. Why was it ok for your boys basketball coach to schedule a conflict (scrimmage/practice) on the same night as the girls game, but it is NOT ok if the SWDAB/OHSAA schedule tournament games the same night?

This is related to basketball only. Why was it ok for your boys basketball coach to schedule a conflict (scrimmage/practice) on the same night as the girls game, but it is NOT ok if the SWDAB/OHSAA schedule tournament games the same night?
I’ve already answered you twice. No fans were allowed at the scrimmage so they could go to the girls game.

Who have I complained to other than this discussion board? I’m thought this board was to discuss ideas? I’m attempting to make things better.

I have yet to receive any type of concise answer why we shouldn’t attempt to schedule girls and boys basketball games on different days
Lol....you have gotten at least 50 different and valid answers....and you just keep asking the same question. What answer do you want? This is no absolute right answer when there are so many variables involved in the process. Again, do you really think that the OHSAA and the SWDAB haven't considered doing exactly what you are asking? Maybe it's just not possible do to exactly the reasons that you have been given here. Unless you are going to call the SWDAB yourself and get an answer from them I'm not sure what you are looking for here lol

I’ve already answered you twice. No fans were allowed at the scrimmage so they could go to the girls game.
But the basketball boys couldn't go if they wanted. And of course, tight knit community members like yourself didn't go either. I feel bad for your girls program. They deserve better.

Lol....you have gotten at least 50 different and valid answers....and you just keep asking the same question. What answer do you want? This is no absolute right answer when there are so many variables involved in the process. Again, do you really think that the OHSAA and the SWDAB haven't considered doing exactly what you are asking? Maybe it's just not possible do to exactly the reasons that you have been given here. Unless you are going to call the SWDAB yourself and get an answer from them I'm not sure what you are looking for here lol
Not 1 boys basketball player wanted to attend the girls game? Not a brother or a boyfriend or just a TIGHT KNIT group of friends?
Not an 85 point difference between teams.

The only answer I have seen with any validity is about the venues. Which of course will be the biggest factor.

I personally do not think time was taken to try and make it so the boys and girls did not play on the same day.

My hope is that consideration will put into future tournament games.

When are you going to realize it’s not about the Waynesville game but making the system better as a whole?
When are you going to realize no matter how hard you try there will likely be issues? A realistic goal would be to minimize as much as possible....and it looks like they are.

You are right there will still be issues. But the goal should be to make them as small as possible so we don’t have to change game times midweek so the Madison coach can see his kids choir and the volunteers don’t have to arrive 30 minutes early and be thanked by me or the Goshen fans can watch two OT games instead of only one and OHSAA can make more ticket sales.

The more you can do before the tournament starts the easier/less issue you will have to deal with.