OHSAA Why would you schedule Boys and Girls tournament games on the same day?

You act as if nothing was done to try to resolve the conflict.

There have been plenty of these conflicts over the years. Many times the powers that be were able to accomodate. Many times they weren't...... and many times the schools involved said.... "don't change it".
That’s fine and I’m sure accommodations have and haven’t been made.

I’m talking about the original scheduling before the tournament starts. Why not designate days for each the boys and the girls? Then there will never be conflicts

So the coach scheduling a conflict is ok?
You started this thread by blaming the OHSAA, which immediately indicated that you have no idea what you are talking about.

You keep proving that fact.

Let us know when you get the SWDAB (and all the other Districts) on board with your solution.
I never said I was an expert or on any boards.

I just asked why does OHSAA ( which has explained to be incorrect) schedule boys and girls on the same day when it is unnecessary?

Obviously communities like to attend both games which is beneficial to OHSAA and SWDAB

Why has that become such a lightning rod question?

I never said I was an expert or on any boards.

I just asked why does OHSAA ( which has explained to be incorrect) schedule boys and girls on the same day when it is unnecessary?

Obviously communities like to attend both games which is beneficial to OHSAA and SWDAB

Why does the boys coach schedule a scrimmage at the same time the girls are playing?

I’m talking about the original scheduling before the tournament starts. Why not designate days for each the boys and the girls? Then there will never be conflicts
If you had any idea what you are talking about you would know that there are not enough venues willing to host the games in order to get them all played in time.

Because you refuse, even after you have demonstated that you have absolutely no experience and/or knowledge of the details involved in scheduling a tournament like this, to admit that you just might be wrong..... The fact that you are the only one beating this drum should tell you something (see picture posted above).

The girls play Versailles, right? And the boys play West Liberty Salem?

The amount of black and orange in those gyms on Thursday has to be a violation of some sort of fashion code.

If you had any idea what you are talking about you would know that there are not enough venues willing to host the games in order to get them all played in time.
Please explain it to me then.

We currently play two games each week for girls and boys is that correct during the tournament? We are currently using two separate venues on Tuesday for the girls and boys games

If it was a venue issue, wouldnt moving the dates make more venues available? Example our boys play at Northmont on Tuesday. If the girls played on Monday then Northmont might be available. Now you have more venue options along with more referees being available (if referees do both girls and boys games).

Is this logic incorrect?

Because you refuse, even after you have demonstated that you have absolutely no experience and/or knowledge of the details involved in scheduling a tournament like this, to admit that you just might be wrong..... The fact that you are the only one beating this drum should tell you something (see picture posted above).
I might be wrong, but in all these pages nobody has stated the reason why boys and girls can’t be played on separate nights and what the negative impact of that is.

I have explained the positive impact: More fans get to watch. More ticket sales. More concessions. Potentially more referees ( I don’t know if that’s true or not. )

I will also ask you. If you could schedule them on separate nights given no limitation would you?

Please explain it to me then.

We currently play two games each week for girls and boys is that correct during the tournament? We are currently using two separate venues on Tuesday for the girls and boys games

If it was a venue issue, wouldnt moving the dates make more venues available? Example our boys play at Northmont on Tuesday. If the girls played on Monday then Northmont might be available. Now you have more venue options along with more referees being available (if referees do both girls and boys games).

Is this logic incorrect?
Your argument is the same argument many make with regards to the football playoff locations. Just because a venue exists does not mean it's it's available (for a whole host of reasons).

You'd know that if you had any idea what you are talking about.

Your argument is the same argument many make with regards to the football playoff locations. Just because a venue exists does not mean it's it's available (for a whole host of reasons).

You'd know that if you had any idea what you are talking about.
Sure sone wouldn’t be available, but certainly there would be some opportunities to reuse venues on different days.

You still haven’t answered any of my questions.

If you could do it without limitation wouldn’t it make sense to have girls play on different nights than boys?

What (if any) ate the positives to them playing on the same night?

You’re right I don’t know the insides of doing this. This is your opportunity to explain to me why my logic is incorrect and cant be done.

Yet, you criticize while acknowledging that you have no idea what you are talking about? 🤷‍♂️

I've explained it to you. Y

Call the OHSAA :ROFLMAO: and tell them how it should be done.
This is a discussion board. There is clearly an issue. One that SWDAB acknowledged and changed. Wouldnt it be easier to avoid these situations in the future?

You’ve explained nothing. I asked you several questions now that you can’t or won’t give answers to. I’ll try again

If there were no limitations should boys and girls play on separate day to garner all the benefits I laid out?

If not, what is the benefit of having them play on the same day?

This is a discussion board. There is clearly an issue. One that SWDAB acknowledged and changed. Wouldnt it be easier to avoid these situations in the future?

You’ve explained nothing. I asked you several questions now that you can’t or won’t give answers to. I’ll try again

If there were no limitations should boys and girls play on separate day to garner all the benefits I laid out?

If not, what is the benefit of having them play on the same day?
You continue to ask this question and it is from a utopian world. Your question assumes all venues are available and willing to host at the whim of the swdab, all volunteers are available at the whim of the swdab, all security personnel are available at the whim of the swdab, etc, etc. Everyone that has any experience with the moving parts involved in putting on a district tournament laugh at this question.

Also, earlier in this thread you wanted to move soccer regionals to Friday nights during football to accommodate the Waynesville girls and now you are wanting to play basketball on separate nights since it is such a conflict. I'm starting to think you ebb and flow with whatever is good for Waynesville.

You continue to ask this question and it is from a utopian world. Your question assumes all venues are available and willing to host at the whim of the swdab, all volunteers are available at the whim of the swdab, all security personnel are available at the whim of the swdab, etc, etc. Everyone that has any experience with the moving parts involved in putting on a district tournament laugh at this question.

Also, earlier in this thread you wanted to move soccer regionals to Friday nights during football to accommodate the Waynesville girls and now you are wanting to play basketball on separate nights since it is such a conflict. I'm starting to think you ebb and flow with whatever is good for Waynesville.
But he doesn't even go to the girls games to support them. Only when it's competitive will he and others go.

Otherwise it's a tight knit community.

Please disregard any of the soccer talk right now. I shouldn’t have brought that up as it has only muddied the waters.

My question, again, if there were no limitations should boys and girls games be played on different days to reap the benefits that I laid out earlier?

Please disregard any of the soccer talk right now. I shouldn’t have brought that up as it has only muddied the waters.

My question, again, if there were no limitations should boys and girls games be played on different days to reap the benefits that I laid out earlier?
Disregard that your position (separate days for each sport is needed) contradicts your earlier opinion that soccer and football should be played on the same day overlapping each other, and your position on each sides with whatever is best for your personal interests? Ok!

Disregard that your position (separate days for each sport is needed) contradicts your earlier opinion that soccer and football should be played on the same day overlapping each other, and your position on each sides with whatever is best for your personal interests? Ok!
I would like you disregard that so we can just focus on the basketball question only.

Please feel free to answer the question in regards to the basketball tournament.

if there were no limitations should boys and girls basketball games be played on different days to reap the benefits that I laid out earlier?

I would like you disregard that so we can just focus on the basketball question only.

Please feel free to answer the question in regards to the basketball tournament.

if there were no limitations should boys and girls basketball games be played on different days to reap the benefits that I laid out earlier?
But that's the problem with your thought process. There are limitations.....the biggest being that not every venue is available every day. You can't force a site to host games. If there aren't enough venues available on a Wednesday then some games have to be played on Thursday. The OHSAA and the SWDAB have been doing this for a long time. Do you think they just sit around and say "hey, let's make the girls and boys play the same days just so we can create problems"?