OHSAA Why would you schedule Boys and Girls tournament games on the same day?

First of all, as some has said, not an OHsaa issue for these games but a swdab issue.

Secondly, I looked up games from Wednesday and Thursday in the SWD. 7 schools had boys and girls play on the same night. 5 of them had them playing at the same time. They were as follows:

Talawanda
Goshen
Cedarville

Goshen boys and girls both played at 6:00 on Thursday and both games went to overtime. The girls won and the boys lost.

None of these games were moved.

Third point about Waynesville specifically. Looking at NFHS, they had about 50 fans at the game last week without the boys having a game. I would say they had 0 students. In fact, the boys program was so concerned about supporting the girls, they scheduled a scrimmage on Thursday night at the same time the girls were playing. They could have played that scrimmage on any other day last week, but chose the same time the girls were playing. If you going to bash OHsaa or the swd, your own school should at least give kids the opportunity to support the other teams.

The Waynesville girls game is moved on Tuesday. I am not sure why the swdab did this when they did not move the games listed above. They not only flopped their game time, they moved it up to 5:30.

Please make sure to thank the officials, the ticket takers, the security, the set up crew, the concession workers and the school that has to change their gym schedule for all having to be ready a half hour early. They will not receive any extra pay for their time. And the other two teams who’s whole evening is moved back an hour and a half.

The one point I agree with you on is this was a tough spot for any parent with kids on both teams. From looking at the rosters, that is two families. But anyone with multiple kids will tell you that sometimes you have to make choices about which activity you can do, which parent goes where, when you can get to an activity. These are decisions most families have to make. If the hardest one is which basketball game to attend, they have had a wonderful life.

Crisis averted, SWDAB moved the girls game to 5:30 to accommodate the Spartans, as most on this thread said would probably happen. I expect both games to be sell-outs now!
First of all, as some has said, not an OHsaa issue for these games but a swdab issue.

Secondly, I looked up games from Wednesday and Thursday in the SWD. 7 schools had boys and girls play on the same night. 5 of them had them playing at the same time. They were as follows:

Talawanda
Goshen
Cedarville

Goshen boys and girls both played at 6:00 on Thursday and both games went to overtime. The girls won and the boys lost.

None of these games were moved.

Third point about Waynesville specifically. Looking at NFHS, they had about 50 fans at the game last week without the boys having a game. I would say they had 0 students. In fact, the boys program was so concerned about supporting the girls, they scheduled a scrimmage on Thursday night at the same time the girls were playing. They could have played that scrimmage on any other day last week, but chose the same time the girls were playing. If you going to bash OHsaa or the swd, your own school should at least give kids the opportunity to support the other teams.

The Waynesville girls game is moved on Tuesday. I am not sure why the swdab did this when they did not move the games listed above. They not only flopped their game time, they moved it up to 5:30.

Please make sure to thank the officials, the ticket takers, the security, the set up crew, the concession workers and the school that has to change their gym schedule for all having to be ready a half hour early. They will not receive any extra pay for their time. And the other two teams who’s whole evening is moved back an hour and a half.

The one point I agree with you on is this was a tough spot for any parent with kids on both teams. From looking at the rosters, that is two families. But anyone with multiple kids will tell you that sometimes you have to make choices about which activity you can do, which parent goes where, when you can get to an activity. These are decisions most families have to make. If the hardest one is which basketball game to attend, they have had a wonderful life.
First off thanks for doing the leg work proving the point. 7 teams in one region faced a potential issue in sectionals. It shows OHSAA needs to schedule the boys and girls on different days going forward. It’s an obvious solution. It also benefits OHSAA by allowing fans to attend two games.

Nobody went to either of the first two girls games because they were an hour away and both games were going to be non competitive, running clock in the second half. The Thursday game was an 85 point win.

I will thank everybody involved. I appreciate them being cooperative and putting in the extra time. It was generous of them. These folks wouldn’t have to do it if scheduling was handled better.

I’m certain the two families it effects the most will be the most appreciative

First off thanks for doing the leg work proving the point. 7 teams in one region faced a potential issue in sectionals. It shows OHSAA needs to schedule the boys and girls on different days going forward. It’s an obvious solution. It also benefits OHSAA by allowing fans to attend two games.

Nobody went to either of the first two girls games because they were an hour away and both games were going to be non competitive, running clock in the second half. The Thursday game was an 85 point win.

I will thank everybody involved. I appreciate them being cooperative and putting in the extra time. It was generous of them. These folks wouldn’t have to do it if scheduling was handled better.

Waynesville boys schedule a scrimmage that interferes with a girls game....no problem because you didn't want to go to that girls game.

The SWDAB schedules a tournament and your boys pick a path that creates a conflict.....huge problem, everyone must adjust their schedules because you are interested in that girls game.

You not understanding why everyone on yappi is against you is wild

Waynesville boys schedule a scrimmage that interferes with a girls game....no problem because you didn't want to go to that girls game.

The SWDAB schedules a tournament and your boys pick a path that creates a conflict.....huge problem, everyone must adjust their schedules because you are interested in that girls game.

Knight lost me when he said they were a “tight knit community”. Tight knit communities travel with their teams regardless of the distance. Tight knit communities also don’t care if their team is expected win or lose…regardless of by how much because they always go to support them.

1708872988906.png

No fans were allowed at the scrimmage. People went to the girls game and didn’t have a conflict.

I don’t care if everyone on Yappi is against me. It’s a problem with a solution. I’m only hoping it gets fixed in the future.

Clearly SWDAB moved things. So they thought it was an issue as well.

Yes, they - you should.
Why wouldn’t you want to address an issue that affected 7 teams in this one region moving forward?

If it could be done in the future where girls and boys don’t play in the same day should we do that? Or should we just leave it so parents continue to have conflicts from here on out?

Why wouldn’t you want to address an issue that affected 7 teams in this one region moving forward?

If it could be done in the future where girls and boys don’t play in the same day should we do that? Or should we just leave it so parents continue to have conflicts from here on out?
So how do you know that there were no discussions held to change the times or move the dates to be played?

I'll answer that for you......

You don't.

Knight lost me when he said they were a “tight knit community”. Tight knit communities travel with their teams regardless of the distance. Tight knit communities also don’t care if their team is expected win or lose…regardless of by how much because they always go to support them.
In the beginning I thought this was legit. As time went on, I think he was just trolling, I sure hope so.

True tight knit communities go to the games regardless of the distance and the expected outcome.

You probably won't even go to both games. Maybe not either.

In the beginning I thought this was legit. As time went on, I think he was just trolling, I sure hope so.
I’m not trolling.

Multiple communities had conflicts in this region.

Why not just schedule girls on Monday Thursday and boys on Tuesday Friday.

Then there will never be conflicts.

The recognition that this is an issue and the ability to fix it in the future is what I am interested in.

True tight knit communities go to the games regardless of the distance and the expected outcome.

You probably won't even go to both games. Maybe not either.
I’ll be at both

It’s also amazing to me that you have been hung up on the tight knit community.

We are a small school so as your kids grow up you get to know almost all the students and their parents. Why does that make you so upset?

I’ll be at both

We are a small school so as your kids grow up you get to know almost all the students and their parents. Why does that make you so upset?
You called it a tight knit community. Tight knit communities come out and support the kids they grew up with and their parents. Less tight knit communities only show up when games matter I guess. You proved that already. And cry when the world doesn't bend to their desires.

Go Tigers!

I don’t understand what you are getting at.
You act as if nothing was done to try to resolve the conflict.

There have been plenty of these conflicts over the years. Many times the powers that be were able to accomodate. Many times they weren't...... and many times the schools involved said.... "don't change it".

You called it a tight knit community. Tight knit communities come out and support the kids they grew up with and their parents. Less tight knit communities only show up when games matter I guess. You proved that already. And cry when the world doesn't bend to their desires.

Go Tigers!
Tigers have a good shot at winning. They are an excellent team.

I’m sorry my definition of a tight knit community and yours is different.

I’ll be at both

Why did they schedule a scrimmage at the same time? This would keep all of the boys on the team from attending the girls game, maybe it isn't such a tight community????

I’m not talking about switching them real time. I’m talking about scheduling them way in advance in those days at the beginning so a conflict won’t arise.
You started this thread by blaming the OHSAA, which immediately indicated that you have no idea what you are talking about.

You keep proving that fact.

Let us know when you get the SWDAB (and all the other Districts) on board with your solution.