Ohio Who's #1

Bucksman what's your thoughts on Lillard vs Newsome. I think that's a really good match.
It's the better of the two choices for Newsome. All that said, if Lillard is truly of the rank that Willie has him, Lillard wins that match.

On a tangent, Smith is at 175, Chase is the 165 for Pleasant; and I am skeptical to put him in a Lillard/Newsome, et al conversation.

The REAL Ohio High School Wrestling Tournament - CAN'T WAIT

106 - Beric Jordan over Javaan Yarbrough
113 - Marcus Blaze over Max Hermes
120 - Dillon Campbell over Jaxson Joy
126 - Brennan Cernus over Omar Ayoub
132 - Ty Wilson over Jake Niffenegger
138 - Nate Burnett over Cameron Lacure
144 - Joey Blaze over Ethan Birden
150 - Keegan Knapp over Gavin Brown
157 - Conner Euton over Logan Ours
165 - Max Ray over Dylan Newsome
175 - Luke Geog over Brody Conley
190 - Dylan Fishback over Seth Shumate
215 - Logan Shepard over Kyle Snider
285 - Aidan Fockler over Todd Allen

The 165 semi-finals with Ray, Newsome, Slone, and Lillard would be worth the cost of a ticket.
Speaking up for Takats, who beat Ray at the Frickers duals the week after Ironman!

I will agree on everything but…

At 157 it’s Euton by a nose hair, a little more physical and constantly on the attack. However, in their freestyle match I believe Ours won that.
At 165 Maybe Lillard. But id take the young man from D3 Marion Pleasant, Chase. Got to watch him at Liberty and then Ashland Duals. I was very impressed with his combination of physicality and technique.
At 175 it’s Conley all day long, despite Geog being able to collect AARP. Jk.
Chase over Lilliard NO WAY!! Have you ever seen Lilliard wrestle?

I will agree on everything but…

At 157 it’s Euton by a nose hair, a little more physical and constantly on the attack. However, in their freestyle match I believe Ours won that.
At 165 Maybe Lillard. But id take the young man from D3 Marion Pleasant, Chase. Got to watch him at Liberty and then Ashland Duals. I was very impressed with his combination of physicality and technique.
At 175 it’s Conley all day long, despite Geog being able to collect AARP. Jk.
No disrespect to Chase, Lillard most likely wins by fall. Newsome and Slone also probably win by fall over him. He's a solid wrestler but just not at their level.

Lillard and Newsome I think are the top 2, Bennett, Gartrell, Takats, probably the next tier Slone from Willard probably right in the mix too.

No disrespect to Chase, Lillard most likely wins by fall. Newsome and Slone also probably win by fall over him. He's a solid wrestler but just not at their level.
I’m sorry to go here but..this just shows your lack of knowledge. You’re talking Tech Falls? Absolutely none of these guys are coming close to TF anyone else on this list! It’s crazy to even say that. That leads us to believe you’re daddy of Lillard or Newsome. Which is fine but don’t disgrace the other wrestlers. This statement rubbed me wrong last night so I reached out to a close source to Dez. He, Euton and Chase are apparently are close friends and worked with each other in the off-season. After sharing your comment he said all of them are extremely close to each other talent wise. He continued to add, if he had to guess, Chase unexpectedly generally wins. This is a guy who has zero to gain. I don’t get to see Lillard, Newsome, Gartrell or Chase enough to give you my prediction but it would be awesome to watch these guys going at it. Can someone set this exhibition up?!?! I will guarantee that there would be no TF. I promise

Luke Geog just majored Jude Correa who is ranked top 5 at 184. St Eds at #1 Wyoming Seminary and #2 Blair today. safe to say who is wrestling the most difficult schedule this year.

Luke Geog just majored Jude Correa who is ranked top 5 at 184. St Eds at #1 Wyoming Seminary and #2 Blair today. safe to say who is wrestling the most difficult schedule this year.
Blair/ Sem match last night was great. Sem won without a Cadet World Champ(COVID) and a National Prep champ.(injury) Bouzakis got a :22 fall.
Geog was awesome today. Fun duals to start the morning with.
Blair 44-23 STED.
Wyoming Sem 33-28 STED.

Last edited:
Family members pimping their kids never takes long to figure out.
Lol, not their dad. I see it differently sorry it hurt feelings, my opinion. Lillard is an absolute stud and Newsome (IN MY OPINION) is also really, really good. I've seen them all wrestle though, and Lillard is the real deal. See for yourself if you'd like he has plenty of videos on track or flo.

Lol, not their dad. I see it differently sorry it hurt feelings, my opinion. Lillard is an absolute stud and Newsome (IN MY OPINION) is also really, really good. I've seen them all wrestle though, and Lillard is the real deal. See for yourself if you'd like he has plenty of videos on track or flo.
He doesn’t have hurt feelings. He just gave an argument using facts vs. your opinions. Time will tell all we already know.

Correa wrestled up at Ironman and wrestled Shummate extremely close 10-8.. extremely impressive last couple of weekends for LG

Attachments

• DAC1C63F-DEC5-499B-B926-06694B4834F9.jpeg
    DAC1C63F-DEC5-499B-B926-06694B4834F9.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 41
lol
If he’s a 182 and wrestles 190 rather he’s forced to or not because of Ohio weight classes isn’t that still wrestling up from his certified weight..
if that match is in Pennsylvania I doubt it happens because Shummate would have to go down to 182 correct?

Family members pimping their kids never takes long to figure out.
Sometimes the "pimp" is legit, cant discount that just because it's family. Lots of posters here opinions would change if they knew all the information on a particular wrestlers career.

We are discussing folkstyle correct. Some of these kids don't wrestle freestyle.
As for the Conley vs Geog argument, I would probably bet on Conley in a tight match. Lillard vs Newsome is interesting, should see that one at state. Give me Ours and Ernest
That’s still 5 takedowns to 0, even if different style thats REALLY hard to come back from with ground wrestling.

Unless it was a TD and 4 quick leg laces or something then you would have a point.