Ohio - Super 32

MPhillips

If there's already a post I apologize. I missed it.

Ranked Ohio guys competing at Super 32.

120 - #5 Marcus Blaze, Perrysburg High school, OH
126 - #17 Dillon Campbell, Legacy Christian Academy, OH
132 - #16 Omar Ayoub, Dublin Coffman, OH
132 - #18 Jaxon Joy, Wadsworth, OH
132 - #19 (113) Brogan Tucker, St Paris Graham, OH
145 - #10 Sam Cartella, Western Reserve Academy, OH
160 - #5 Joey Blaze, Perrysburg High school, OH
160 - #10 Ethan Birden, Dublin Coffman High School, OH
170 - #16 Dylan Newsome, Bishop Hartley, OH(Dylan wrestled on my youth team when he was 5-6. I'm taking credit.) :cool:
195 - #6 Camden McDanel, Teays Valley High School, OH
220 - #10 Dylan Russo, Olentangy Liberty High School, OH
285 - #16 Aidan Fockler, Massillon Perry High School, OH

If there's already a post I apologize. I missed it.

Ranked Ohio guys competing at Super 32.

126 - #17 Dillon Campbell, Legacy Christian Academy, OH
132 - #16 Omar Ayoub, Dublin Coffman, OH
132 - #18 Jaxon Joy, Wadsworth, OH
132 - #19 (113) Brogan Tucker, St Paris Graham, OH
145 - #10 Sam Cartella, Western Reserve Academy, OH
160 - #5 Joey Blaze, Perrysburg High school, OH
160 - #10 Ethan Birden, Dublin Coffman High School, OH
170 - #16 Dylan Newsome, Bishop Hartley, OH(Dylan wrestled on my youth team when he was 5-6. I'm taking credit.) :cool:
Studs—every one….💪

Gotcha. Not ranked in the top twenty on FLO, but I give Willie the, 'benefit of the doubt.'
My list of guys with best chance to place:

First, the upper weight brackets are obviously WAY smaller due in part, somewhat, to football season.
Second, while Ohio has real good depth, I am not yet convinced Ohio middleweights are "elite" from a national perspective--and those classes are FULL of the top ranked guys in the country.
Just my two cents.

The girls only place top 4 so it makes it a bit tougher to predict as there are some large brackets:

97 - Camryn Gresham (8th Grader) has shown success in freestyle making the 2021 U15 World Team
97 - Makennah Craft runnerup at Fargo and Super32 last year
103 - Carolyn Geckler (7th Grader) interested to see if she can have success against older competition. She is super strong and technical. Will be a good test.
123 - Reagan Briggs looked unstoppable in Ohio the past couple of years and placed 4th at Fargo
130 - Josie Davis is nationally ranked, 3x state champ and placed 4th last year at Super 32
148 - Savannah Holderby is a freshman phenom placing 4th at Fargo this summer
160 - Alexandria Alli has moved to Wymoning Seminary and will be looking to show off her skills

My list of guys with best chance to place:

First, the upper weight brackets are obviously WAY smaller due in part, somewhat, to football season.
Second, while Ohio has real good depth, I am not yet convinced Ohio middleweights are "elite" from a national perspective--and those classes are FULL of the top ranked guys in the country.
Just my two cents.
Flo predictions article came out today and apparently they were more optimistic than me--which I am glad and hopeful they are right. It is just on paper predictions of course, but they have the following guys from Ohio placing:

120 Marcus Blaze
145 Sam Cartella
160 Joey Blaze
160 Ethan Birden
195 Camden McDanel
220 Dylan Russo
285 Aidan Fockler

I believe all the seniors above have all already committed to wrestle in college at their chosen school so the pressure is off them a little!

Flo predictions article came out today and apparently they were more optimistic than me--which I am glad and hopeful they are right. It is just on paper predictions of course, but they have the following guys from Ohio placing:

120 Marcus Blaze
145 Sam Cartella
160 Joey Blaze
160 Ethan Birden
195 Camden McDanel
220 Dylan Russo
285 Aidan Fockler

I believe all the seniors above have all already committed to wrestle in college at their chosen school so the pressure is off them a little!
Omar Ayoub not getting love which is baffling to me keep counting him out

High School Division, VIP weigh-in will be held on Friday afternoon, October 14, 3:00-4:00 pm.
High School Division, Regular Weigh-in will be on Friday night, October 14, 6:00-7:30 pm.

Brackets a couple hours later.

People know me. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of mahogany.
Anchorman GIF

Same with 145. I told you the middleweights are insane….
Every weight from 106 through 195 is "insane" brother. And between 220-285 there are nine nationally ranked kids which are top brackets at any other tournament.

Lots of wrestling in the next week with U23 World Championships coming up in a few days and a few weeks after that, The Buckeyes. 💪