Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

I dont see TCU dropping out unless they get blown out. I mean selfishly I wish they would because I think they are the best chance to lose, but...

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but assuming the Bucks are in the Rose Bowl and Stroud sits out it will be an important audition for the QB position. IMO, they would need to play and seriously evaluate both McCord and Brown.

McCord has limited experience and Day quite honestly let him "run the offense" less this year in mop up duty than last year. He has 58 career pass attempts. Devin Brown has run the ball once.

Given the talk of transfer portal QBs on the Notre Dame thread, I think Ohio State could very likely be going the same route next year as a bridge to Raiola coming in 2024, especially if there's any inkling in the WHAC that McCord might not be to the caliber of their last few starting QBs. It seems quite possible there may be 2-3 very good ones available.

Is there something known behind the scenes that led to the comment tonight that if not in playoff, could be Orange instead?

Day has a problem with Knowles as d coordinator, this three safety look is not going to work in the BIG, (I know the Bucks have just one loss). Had to load the box to stop TTUN's running game exposing the secondary, how about this novel idea, play 3 linebackers.

I dont see TCU dropping out unless they get blown out. I mean selfishly I wish they would because I think they are the best chance to lose, but...
OSU vs TTUN had over 17 million viewers, ESPN is bleeding money for Disney, if TCU loses OSU will be in. This is about making money not being fair.

gee_g2544.jpg
David McCallum?
1669819416738.png

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but assuming the Bucks are in the Rose Bowl and Stroud sits out it will be an important audition for the QB position. IMO, they would need to play and seriously evaluate both McCord and Brown.

McCord has limited experience and Day quite honestly let him "run the offense" less this year in mop up duty than last year. He has 58 career pass attempts. Devin Brown has run the ball once.

Given the talk of transfer portal QBs on the Notre Dame thread, I think Ohio State could very likely be going the same route next year as a bridge to Raiola coming in 2024, especially if there's any inkling in the WHAC that McCord might not be to the caliber of their last few starting QBs. It seems quite possible there may be 2-3 very good ones available.
If OSU goes to a New Years Day bowl I hope Stroud sits out. Any Buckeye going pro should sit out so Ohio State can get a jump on next year.

If OSU goes to a New Years Day bowl I hope Stroud sits out. Any Buckeye going pro should sit out so Ohio State can get a jump on next year.
Yea, that worked so well this year. Olave and Wilson sitting out last year’s Rose Bowl (along with Petit-Frere and Haskell Garrett). JSN getting hurt and losing to tsun, again.

Yea, that worked so well this year. Olave and Wilson sitting out last year’s Rose Bowl (along with Petit-Frere and Haskell Garrett). JSN getting hurt and losing to tsun, again.
They won and got a jump start on a lot of younger talent, so yes I’d say it worked out incredibly well.

I truly hope something does not happen to put OSU in the playoffs. Go to a bowl game and work on fixing the problems of which there are several that need attention.

I truly hope something does not happen to put OSU in the playoffs. Go to a bowl game and work on fixing the problems of which there are several that need attention.
If they get to the CFP, so be it. My main thought is still that only conference champions should be invited.

Disagree, next year will be a rebuilding year. OSU can beat TTUN if Knowles wouldn't let his DB's on an island and take Stover out in passing situations (why wasn't Luke Lachey offered a scholly). OSU would be favored vs TCU or USC.

They won a meaningless bowl game with Olave and Wilson sitting out. Might as well play the players you will have next year. JSN didn't get hurt in the bowl game. He came out of the bowl game as the undeniable number 1 receiver. We will never know what would have happened if he was healthy. How does anyone cover JSN and Harrison both? What happens if either Henderson or Williams did not get injured? Things might have worked out well.

They won a meaningless bowl game with Olave and Wilson sitting out. Might as well play the players you will have next year. JSN didn't get hurt in the bowl game. He came out of the bowl game as the undeniable number 1 receiver. We will never know what would have happened if he was healthy. How does anyone cover JSN and Harrison both? What happens if either Henderson or Williams did not get injured? Things might have worked out well.
But they didn’t. That is my point.
Under Urban they lost their first and second string qbs, arguably the most important players on the field, and won a NC.
Under Day, they lost one receiver (and yes, two rbs for part of the season) and lost to tsun, again.

That Meyer team (at the end of that season especially) (and maybe LSU with Burrow) played to win like no other team I can remember.

And it doesn’t make any difference when JSN got hurt. Any player can get hurt on any play in any game. That’s another one of my points. You can play whoever you want (or need to) in a bowl game. There‘s no guarantee you’ll have them available the next year.

If they get to the CFP, so be it. My main thought is still that only conference champions should be invited.
Why? Why penalize a clearly Top 4 team just for being in the same conference as another really good team?

I mean, we’ve seen it play out multiple times where Bama and UGA both won their semis to meet for the title, so clearly having two teams from the same conference was the right call.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Yes, the reason they lost to Michigan in 2022 was because players who left after the 2021 season did not play in the 2021 Rose Bowl.
Quite the leap. I never said that. I said the players sitting out didn’t work out “incredibly well”. You said that. I don’t think losing that big to tsun is things working out well. I think that sucks.

That Meyer team (at the end of that season especially) (and maybe LSU with Burrow) played to win like no other team I can remember.
I will never forget the 2016 shellacking by Clemson 31 OSU 0. How many in season clunker games did Urban coach? Those really sucked.
I agree Day isn't doing very well against the better teams. Start to work on next year in a meaningless bowl game.

Quite the leap. I never said that. I said the players sitting out didn’t work out “incredibly well”. You said that. I don’t think losing that big to tsun is things working out well. I think that sucks.
I guess I’m not following the connection to TTUN you keep referring to unless you’re implying players leaving after 2021 sitting out the 2021 Rose Bowl caused the 2022 team to lose to TTUN. If you aren’t, why are you bringing them up? They are irrelevant to each other.

Losing to Michigan sucks. Going 11-1 and giving young players an extra month of practice and a game to build skills, build chemistry that clearly paid dividends does not suck. How anyone can argue at the end of the 2022 season that MHJ getting a month of reps with the 1s as a true freshman ended up as a bad thing is mind boggling.

Last edited: