Ohio State at NCAAs

This lineup as constructed isn't good enough to win a trophy this year. However, if they can get Feldman to AA, I would say this season gets a "meets" in terms of performance grade when looking at the preseason rankings.

That said, it needs to be a trophy next year (and yes I'm using the old top 4 premise of trophy).

I've given up hope on competing for a national title, as that's going to be Penn State's domain for as long as Cael is coaching and the rich booster types keep pumping money into NLWC. However, getting a trophy is realistic, and being within some contact of Penn State is also realistic.

Nice showing by Jesse and Rocco. Any neutral fan would pull for these guys as wrestlers and people,

I think Nic B is going to mke serious noise next year as well.. Plus Nick Feldman losing by 1 to a National Champ. He got closer each time out despite being physically outmatched,

Something in that room seems to be working.

Last edited:

NCAA Division I National Championships Wrestling Championships team standings​

*1. Penn State 148, 2. Michigan 64.5, 3. Iowa 60, 4. Arizona State, Iowa State 59.5, 6. Cornell 58.5, 7. Ohio State 57, 8. Oklahoma State 55, 9. Virginia Tech 53, 10. Nebraska 52, 11. NC State 485., 12. South Dakota State 43, 13. Missouri 40, 14. Northern Iowa 34.5, 15. Lehigh 31, 16. Stanford 28.5, 17. West Virginia 25, 18. Minnesota 21, 19. Rutgers 20.5, 20. Wisconsin 20

NCAA Division I National Championships Wrestling Championships team standings​

*1. Penn State 148, 2. Michigan 64.5, 3. Iowa 60, 4. Arizona State, Iowa State 59.5, 6. Cornell 58.5, 7. Ohio State 57, 8. Oklahoma State 55, 9. Virginia Tech 53, 10. Nebraska 52, 11. NC State 485., 12. South Dakota State 43, 13. Missouri 40, 14. Northern Iowa 34.5, 15. Lehigh 31, 16. Stanford 28.5, 17. West Virginia 25, 18. Minnesota 21, 19. Rutgers 20.5, 20. Wisconsin 20
Thank you very much it's much appreciated.

For the Ryan OSU bashers......... if you had told me we would lose three AAs going into this year and still be top 10 going into the final day ........... i would accept that as a job well done. The future is pretty bright. I'm also Davino fan.

Ben Davino has earned the #4 ranking on the 2024 Big Board by notching victories this season at Fargo, Who's Number One, Super 32, and Ironman. Now, the Illinois junior has made his college decision. Davino announced his decision on Instagram.

642b5851b1054.png

In addition to being a top-five recruit in his class, Davino is also ranked #1 at 126 lbs in the national high school rankings.

Starocci is my least favorite champ in a while! Makes himself really hard to like if you’re not a PSU fan. I get that he can back up his talk, but Brooks is a perfect side by side comparison that he doesn’t need to be a complete and utter d-bag. It’s rare to see Carter have any humility or ever even credit his opponents. Was hoping Rocco would win for multiple reasons.

Davis at 125 for PSU could have won it all but he used up a good bit of luck at the dual against Vinny ;)

Starocci is my least favorite champ in a while! Makes himself really hard to like if you’re not a PSU fan. I get that he can back up his talk, but Brooks is a perfect side by side comparison that he doesn’t need to be a complete and utter d-bag. It’s rare to see Carter have any humility or ever even credit his opponents. Was hoping Rocco would win for multiple reasons.

Davis at 125 for PSU could have won it all but he used up a good bit of luck at the dual against Vinny ;)
Really? The head push OOB was/is a move, especially when you know the guys you're competing against has an injury and you'll never be as good as him. . Starocci was very humble in his post win interview, giving tons of credit to the coaches and trainer and God. As for Rocco winning he has to develop an offense first, eventually the wrestler pushing the pace will get his even if you're stalling.