Ohio Heritage Conference 2024

Have faith, lol
just being realistic. they were young last year but had some nice pieces. they don’t graduate a ton of production. word on the street is the junior high team only lost a game and had some athletes. in short, expectations should be low now and 2024 will be about building for 2025-2027. there are 6 winnable games on the schedule (Miami East, Northwestern, Fairbanks, SCC, Cedarville, Madison Plains) and, i think they will get 3 or 4 of those.

Wls_color and bcw, thanks, and sorry for taxing your memories, :ROFLMAO: (y).. I texted my buddy and he said it was Luke Everhart. Again, I dont know if he was a WLS grad but he did have stories of the Dernlan garage wrestling workouts.
Everharts were Shawnee in the early 90s. Probably came up to Dick McDaniels famous “Garage”. Was just the back of Dick’s business where he worked on cars. I took my vehicles to him for years and he loved to show people the wall where some of the biggest names in the country came to work out or recruit…..Sorry back to OHC football

Fwiw, Buckman played for a few years at Ohio and Robertson at ONU. I think Buckman dabbled in semipro and/or arena league after OU. Robertson, as it has already been mentioned, played professionally in NFL Europe, the CFL and to steal a baseball term had a cup of coffee in the NFL. Hard to believe a school as large as Stebbins played SCC and Versailles. Their playoff hopes were essentially dashed before the opening kickoff when each year barring an undefeated season in the four team days per region days.
Robertson was being recruited by everyone but didn’t have the grades from what I hear. He was set to play for Central State but their football team folded. An Ohio Northern assistant just happened to see him working at a Foot Locker or Finish Line at the mall soon after Central State fell apart. The rest is Ohio Northern Polar Bear history!

Everharts were Shawnee in the early 90s. Probably came up to Dick McDaniels famous “Garage”. Was just the back of Dick’s business where he worked on cars. I took my vehicles to him for years and he loved to show people the wall where some of the biggest names in the country came to work out or recruit…..Sorry back to OHC football
Thanks...

The play you’re thinking about is Brad Tillman (another ex Greenon guy) not a Wagner. The Stebbins backs were Riz Buckman and Jamal Robertson. That was a huge game against 2 top ranked teams in the state. After that injury Tillman and SCC were never the same.
Thank you. I apologize for confusing the players. That was a heck of a game. For that matter a strong league with Versailles,Tipp,West Milton,Miami East,Covington and Central to go with Stebbins. It seems to me I might even be missing a team.

Thank you. I apologize for confusing the players. That was a heck of a game. For that matter a strong league with Versailles,Tipp,West Milton,Miami East,Covington and Central to go with Stebbins. It seems to me I might even be missing a team.
Don’t ever let it happen again…..ha! Also had Graham and Sidney Lehman (annual Fish Bowl vs SCC)

And Ben Logan for a couple clunky years right before the major realignment moves around 2000

As bad as travel to Triad is now,travel to Ben Logan is worse. I would like to see Central restart an athletic relationship with Lehman in all sports. I realize we can’t go back to the days of playing Alter and Carroll every year and Badin and Fenwick are really growing at a fast rate so that doesn’t make much sense. But Lehman matches up well size wise and in every other way.

As bad as travel to Triad is now,travel to Ben Logan is worse. I would like to see Central restart an athletic relationship with Lehman in all sports. I realize we can’t go back to the days of playing Alter and Carroll every year and Badin and Fenwick are really growing at a fast rate so that doesn’t make much sense. But Lehman matches up well size wise and in every other way.
I've heard multiple people say that. Maybe it's because they're both neighboring districts, but I don't think either are really that bad. Both in BFE. Ben Logan seems easier to get to IMO, but again, that's probably because they're both 15 minutes away.

I've heard multiple people say that. Maybe it's because they're both neighboring districts, but I don't think either are really that bad. Both in BFE. Ben Logan seems easier to get to IMO, but again, that's probably because they're both 15 minutes away.
try driving to Triad from Fairborn. not fun!

i have only made the Ben Logan drive once. it was bad, but not nearly as bad as Triad.

I also feel like Ben Logan is an easier drive than Triad. But that is coming from Springfield.
coming from Fairborn, i recall taking route 4 to 68, then turning right on route 47 and driving for a few miles. Ben Logan felt “out their”!

as for Triad.. 68 to Urbana, turn right somewhere, then inevitably get lost..

Cannot wait for Football season once again, enjoying watching the Burg girls basketball team I think they can make a deep run in the tournament, anyways I heard Burg had a meeting during school hours for any 8th graders now that are planning on playing high school football… heard that about 12 kids showed up to the meeting along with that 2 of the starters who quit last season are looking to possibly play again this upcoming year. Numbers will be better than last year if I had to guess around 36-38 players.

Cannot wait for Football season once again, enjoying watching the Burg girls basketball team I think they can make a deep run in the tournament, anyways I heard Burg had a meeting during school hours for any 8th graders now that are planning on playing high school football… heard that about 12 kids showed up to the meeting along with that 2 of the starters who quit last season are looking to possibly play again this upcoming year. Numbers will be better than last year if I had to guess around 36-38 players.
any D7 school rolling out 35-40 players is in good shape.

I think Shawnee would handle them by a couple of score
Greeneview's opponents in weeks 1-4 last season had a record of 36-14 including two regional runner ups. Per Joe Eitle, it appears they have been playing Waynesville for almost a decade in week 2. Week 1's have included Arcanum, Northridge, Stebbins, and Middletown Madison in that time frame. Not sure what else they can really do with only two non conference games. A game with Shawnee seems like a fit. I think each year would be a toss up depending on who was up or down, it would be very competitive.

Looking at Shawnee's non-conference opponents the last 10 years:

2023: Stebbins (D2), Madeira (D5)
2021 & 2022: Valley View (D4/D5), Eaton (D4)
2020: :sick:
2018 & 2019: Greenon (D5), Tippecanoe (D3)
2016 & 2017: Thurgood Marshall (D3), Tippecanoe (D3)
2014 & 2015: Butler (D2), Springfield (D1)
2012 & 2013: Catholic Central (D7) , Troy (D1/D2)

Looks like Shawnee has always tried to schedule solid bigger schools, or similar sized schools that are very good. I think Greeneview would be a real possibility and a great schedule addition for both teams.

Shawnee has always been one that I'd love WLS to schedule annually, over playing the local rivalries like Ben Logan and Graham. I know they've dabbled in scrimmages like WLS does with Urbana, but I'd like to see it turn into real Week 1/2 games.

Greeneview-Shawnee makes a ton of sense though. And it doesn't appear that they've ever played.

Greeneview's opponents in weeks 1-4 last season had a record of 36-14 including two regional runner ups. Per Joe Eitle, it appears they have been playing Waynesville for almost a decade in week 2. Week 1's have included Arcanum, Northridge, Stebbins, and Middletown Madison in that time frame. Not sure what else they can really do with only two non conference games. A game with Shawnee seems like a fit. I think each year would be a toss up depending on who was up or down, it would be very competitive.
when i say “schedule up” i mean play some larger school. the Waynesville game is a nice matchup

Miami Trace
Wilmington
Washington CH
Bellbrook
Clinton Massie
Western Brown
London

schools like that.

Looks like Shawnee has always tried to schedule solid bigger schools, or similar sized schools that are very good. I think Greeneview would be a real possibility and a great schedule addition for both teams.

Shawnee has always been one that I'd love WLS to schedule annually, over playing the local rivalries like Ben Logan and Graham. I know they've dabbled in scrimmages like WLS does with Urbana, but I'd like to see it turn into real Week 1/2 games.

Greeneview-Shawnee makes a ton of sense though. And it doesn't appear that they've ever played.
All those teams named except grennon and thurgood would smash Greeneview. Greeneview is a great program but would struggle against all named teams above

Greeneview and Shawnee used to throw against each other in 7 on 7 every year. Not sure if they still do or not.

when i say “schedule up” i mean play some larger school. the Waynesville game is a nice matchup

Miami Trace
Wilmington
Washington CH
Bellbrook
Clinton Massie
Western Brown
London

schools like that.
You don't think this is a bit of a stretch? Each of those teams you listed are DIII, with the exception of Massie. Do any of the OHC schools schedule up two divisions for non league games? I guess I could look it up on Joe, but I just can't remember a whole lot of that happening. Heck, Cedarville schedules teams that didn't even field a team the previous year and teams that aren't even sanctioned with the OHSAA (2022).

Greeneview scrimmaged Washington CH for several years in their first scrimmage and they scrimmaged against Miami Trace a couple of years ago..

Last edited:
You don't think this is a bit of a stretch? Each of those teams you listed are DIII, with the exception of Massie. Do any of the OHC schools schedule up two divisions for non league games? I guess I could look it up on Joe, but I just can't remember a whole lot of that happening. Heck, Cedarville schedules teams that didn't even field a team the previous year and teams that aren't even sanctioned with the OHSAA.

Greeneview scrimmaged Washington CH for several years in their first scrimmage and they scrimmaged against Miami Trace a couple of years ago..
I stand corrected. I do see some OHC schools who scheduled up two divisions last year. But I don't see the benefit gained by any of them except for possibly Burg vs. KR. Either the OHC school got beat or if they won their opponent was awful.

WLS (D6) - WLS 48 - Graham 15 / Graham was 1-9 (D4)
WLS 42 - Ben Logan 7 / Ben Logan was 1-9 (D4)
Fairbanks (D6) - Fairbanks 0 - JA 47 / Jonathan Alder was 7-4 (D4)
Southeastern (D7) - SE 28 - Northwestern 20 / NW was 3-7 (D5)
Cedarville (D7) - Cedarville 35 - East Clinton 0 / EC was 4-6 (D5)
Mechanicsburg (D7) - Burg 38 - Kenton Ridge 7 / KR was 4-6 (D4)
Catholic Central (D7) - CC 21 - North College Hill 6 / NCH was 1-8 (D5)

You don't think this is a bit of a stretch? Each of those teams you listed are DIII, with the exception of Massie. Do any of the OHC schools schedule up two divisions for non league games? I guess I could look it up on Joe, but I just can't remember a whole lot of that happening. Heck, Cedarville schedules teams that didn't even field a team the previous year and teams that aren't even sanctioned with the OHSAA.

Also, what would any of those teams have to gain by scheduling a D-V Greeneview team?