Ohio Heritage Conference 2023

Everybody’s talking about how young Mechanicsburg is, I haven’t heard anybody say how young West Jeff is.
West Jeff is mainly made up of sophomores, and not to mention the eighth grade class coming in.
West Jeff will lose three real good receivers this year and a couple other good players.
But, they will also return a very good class of juniors and seniors not to mention a very good freshman class coming in next year.
And in 2025 when the sophomore class catches up with then the senior Buescher class, that year West Jeff will have a legitimate chance of winning a state title.
This season, West Jeff should be able to make the regionals, but I think next year they make the final four and then I think the year after is when they make the state.

This season, the riders have already lost two starting lineman for the year not to mention the week of the West liberty game. The starting running back / middle linebacker was lost as well.

Different teams match up differently against other teams.so you can talk about going back and playing each other again, but just because Burg played West liberty close doesn’t mean that they would play West Jeff any differently.
I don’t believe in any of that hoopla.

We will see, I’m glad the young players for Burg are getting tons of reps especially against good competition, the Caudill Twins will be a force on both sides of the ball, QB has an arm and will have weapons to throw too, O-line and D-line will all return, if Forrest uses that QB right, it will be a fun couple of years in the OHC North

Gabe Jones is the best back I’ve seen in the OHC. Kaleb Romero is the best QB I’ve seen. Gabe McGill is probably #3 overall for best player? Brian Wagner for SCC is up there too.

Last edited:
Everybody’s talking about how young Mechanicsburg is, I haven’t heard anybody say how young West Jeff is.
West Jeff is mainly made up of sophomores, and not to mention the eighth grade class coming in.
West Jeff will lose three real good receivers this year and a couple other good players.
But, they will also return a very good class of juniors and seniors not to mention a very good freshman class coming in next year.
And in 2025 when the sophomore class catches up with then the senior Buescher class, that year West Jeff will have a legitimate chance of winning a state title.
This season, West Jeff should be able to make the regionals, but I think next year they make the final four and then I think the year after is when they make the state.

This season, the riders have already lost two starting lineman for the year not to mention the week of the West liberty game. The starting running back / middle linebacker was lost as well.

Different teams match up differently against other teams.so you can talk about going back and playing each other again, but just because Burg played West liberty close doesn’t mean that they would play West Jeff any differently.
I don’t believe in any of that hoopla.
They had a chance to beat us and it didn’t work very well

Good luck to everyone tonight and hopefully everyone stays healthy. Senior night for West Liberty-Salem, West Jefferson, Mechanicsburg, Cedarville, and Southeastern. Those are 5 schools with some very talented seniors who have given a lot on the football field over the last 4 years. Hopefully everyone can go out with a win on their final regular season home game.

2 more weeks, then postseason for several teams!!!

Northeastern @ Mechanicsburg - I like NE in this one even on the road, BURG may be improving but the still have a long way to go and are not currently one of the better teams in league, but they will fight and keep it a close game

Fairbanks @ West Jefferson - WJ at home should be too much, but need to stay focused each week

Triad @ West Liberty Salem - WLS at home again way too much and win big

Greeneview @ Catholic Central - Greenview picking up key road win to set up showdown in week 10

Madison Plains @ Southeastern - Same story SE at home too much for struggling Plains

Greenon @ Cedarville - Greenon picked up important back to back wins, but Cedarville has a lot more to play for at home

Good luck to all teams!!!!

FB_IMG_1697216265242.jpg

Dude, I will say this in all honesty and not being disrespectful nor my usual smartarse that I can be...You have got to be the the greatest WJ fan alive. You breath West Jeff football, good or bad, you got their back. I look forward to your positive posts and banners that you put up every week. I am impressed.

You have my vote for OHC Fan of the Year. Good luck to your Riders!

Dude, I will say this in all honesty and not being disrespectful nor my usual smartarse that I can be...You have got to be the the greatest WJ fan alive. You breath West Jeff football, good or bad, you got their back. I look forward to your positive posts and banners that you put up every week. I am impressed.

Well thank you, I am a fan of high school football, I even have a WJ tattoo

Best fan in West Jefferson and a great dude. Any time I want to be rude, I think of WJFan4Life and bite my tongue because I like him. Haha.

Greeneview, Cedarville, and West Jefferson were all sleepwalking this week.

great win for Mechanicsburg seems like it was a great game.

Last edited:
Northeastern must have gotten West Jefferson refs tonight. That onside kick was good
Northeastern looking at a #13 seed and a trip to Milton Union. i’d favor the Jets by 2-3 scores in that game.

may go to Purcell Marian as well. they have a nice new stadium and would be a great game.