Ohio Heritage Conference 2022

How about a Greenon for Riverside swap?
that’s quite the interesting concept. Riverside moves into the North division and bumps Northeastern to the South. then you have:
North
Riverside
West Liberty Salem
Mechanicsburg
Fairbanks
Triad
West Jefferson

South
Northeastern
Madison Plains
Catholic Central
Greeneview
Cedarville
Southeastern

those look like two really nice divisions for a league. then Greenon joins the TRC. say you swap Lehman for Brookville/Northwestern and your TRC is this:

Greenon
Brookville/Northwestern
Milton Union
Northridge
Covington
Miami East
Bethel
Troy Christian

that is also a very nice looking league.

Last edited:
You enjoy the trip to WL but mentioned 40 mins to Urbana being an issue?
40 minutes to Urbana to get running clocked** (back when Mays was QB and his father was head coach). also, there are more sports than just football. i’ve been to WLS for both basketball and track and they have very nice facilities.

also, Urbana was a division opponent, West Liberty Salem is a crossover. Greenon/Urbana had no business being in a division together, but they would be a nice crossover occasionally

Last edited:
that’s quite the interesting concept. Riverside moves into the North division and bumps Northeastern to the South. then you have:
North
Riverside
West Liberty Salem
Mechanicsburg
Fairbanks
Triad
West Jefferson

South
Northeastern
Madison Plains
Catholic Central
Greeneview
Cedarville
Southeastern

those look like two really nice divisions for a league. then Greenon joins the TRC. say you swap Lehman for Brookville/Northwestern and your TRC is this:

Greenon
Brookville/Northwestern
Milton Union
Northridge
Covington
Miami East
Bethel
Troy Christian

Keep NE in the north and move WJ :)

North
Riverside
West Liberty Salem
Mechanicsburg
Fairbanks
Triad
West Jefferson

South
Northeastern
Madison Plains
Catholic Central
Greeneview
Cedarville
Southeastern

Greenon
Brookville/Northwestern
Milton Union
Northridge
Covington
Miami East
Bethel
Troy Christian

Where would Lehman go?

I'm getting tired of reading this thread only to here about all these wish lists of where this team should leave or go elsewhere. Can we talk about football?

I'm getting tired of reading this thread only to here about all these wish lists of where this team should leave or go elsewhere. Can we talk about football?
a little early in the summer, most schools don’t even know who all is playing yet! a lot can change between may and august

i think it is near impossible to find a perfect league situation. i think Greenon is satisfied for now but not sure how long. for the record i like the OHC a whole lot more than the CBC.

the CBC Mad River was an atrocious division for Greenon. Graham and Northwestern were fine. but 40 minutes to Urbana, an hour to Indian Lake, and an hour and 10 minutes to Ben Logan just to get running clocked was not enjoyable as a fan.

in the OHC, i have enjoyed traveling to every location in the south outside of Catholic Central. in the north, West Liberty, West Jefferson, and Northeastern are all enjoyable trips.
40 minutes from Greenon to Urbana? That ride is 25 minutes top

Probably the best chance that NE has had to compete within the league in several years...I think they at least finish in the top-3 with West Jeff and Mechanicsburg.

Greeneview should win the South again.

To the rumors of some schools looking around along with some of the common complaints I hear about the current league set-up...if a few smaller schools were to actually leave for a league like the MBC, I'd rather see this league stay contracted at 8 than stretch the footprint with some more smaller schools like Riverside to keep the divisional format.

Travel would be not as compact as current, but IMO a lot of issues ranging from competitiveness to the number of athletic offerings and consistently fielding JV and junior high teams would improve.

To the rumors of some schools looking around along with some of the common complaints I hear about the current league set-up...if a few smaller schools were to actually leave for a league like the MBC, I'd rather see this league stay contracted at 8 than stretch the footprint with some more smaller schools like Riverside to keep the divisional format.

Travel would be not as compact as current, but IMO a lot of issues ranging from competitiveness to the number of athletic offerings and consistently fielding JV and junior high teams would improve.
i would agree in the sense that if you’re losing small schools, you shouldn’t add ones. staying at 8 may be a travel nightmare for some schools, particularly in the south. i would support expansion, but probably only with D4/5/6 schools within the footprint, whoever they may be. the great thing about this league is, most of the current schools are a great fit together demographically and i don’t see that changing.

if 4 were to leave, 8 can be done. the league footprint would just shift northward. realistically i could only see Catholic Central and Cedarville leaving for the MBC. not Southeastern, Northeastern, or Triad. this league, i think would survive just fine if it were to happen.

South- Greenon, Greeneview, Madison Plains, Southeastern, Northeastern
North- Fairbanks, West Liberty Salem, Mechanicsburg, Triad, West Jefferson

Last edited:
Probably the best chance that NE has had to compete within the league in several years...I think they at least finish in the top-3 with West Jeff and Mechanicsburg.

Greeneview should win the South again.
this is Northeastern’s best shot at a title since the early 2000s. they had some nice teams back then!

If NE and KR was smart they would get over their egos and combine. They would be one of the better d2-d3 schools around
It should have happened, but I don't think they could have ever passed a levy to build new schools without keeping them separate.

It blows my mind that they're building two new campuses instead of consolidating into one campus when the district is only averaging 25-30 more kids per class than Tecumseh.

It should have happened, but I don't think they could have ever passed a levy to build new schools without keeping them separate.

It blows my mind that they're building two new campuses instead of consolidating into one campus when the district is only averaging 25-30 more kids per class than Tecumseh.
Makes no sense at all

i think some people cited cultural differences why. i don’t buy it- almost nowhere in clark county is that much different from other parts. especially not NE and KR. so what if KR had 1 rich neighborhood? the schools are awfully similar, as are most the others in the county. wish they would’ve never stopped playing week 1.

i think some people cited cultural differences why. i don’t buy it- almost nowhere in clark county is that much different from other parts. especially not NE and KR. so what if KR had 1 rich neighborhood? the schools are awfully similar, as are most the others in the county. wish they would’ve never stopped playing week 1.
At this point, I'd imagine that there is a lot more cultural diversity (ethnic and economic) at Tecumseh than there is between those two schools.

Growing enrollment disparity killed that game...KR would beat them 8-9 times out of 10 at this point with most being beatdowns. The exception being NE having a group similar to what's going through at the moment. 60-65% of the kids in that district are within KR's enrollment boundaries, and perhaps the dumbest part about keeping separate campuses IMO is that I'd expect that margin to widen even further over the next 5-10 years. Northeastern has zero growth potential and will at best maintain enrollment. I could see KR gaining enrollment again with new facilities. Even if there's no new housing stock, their open enrollment numbers are going to grow.

At this point, I'd imagine that there is a lot more cultural diversity (ethnic and economic) at Tecumseh than there is between those two schools.

Growing enrollment disparity killed that game...KR would beat them 8-9 times out of 10 at this point with most being beatdowns. The exception being NE having a group similar to what's going through at the moment. 60-65% of the kids in that district are within KR's enrollment boundaries, and perhaps the dumbest part about keeping separate campuses IMO is that I'd expect that margin to widen even further over the next 5-10 years. Northeastern has zero growth potential and will at best maintain enrollment. I could see KR gaining enrollment again with new facilities. Even if there's no new housing stock, their open enrollment numbers are going to grow.
KR pulls a lot from the northern springfield area (still springfield city) and it seems like they get some from across the county line from Urbana and Mechanicsburg who don’t want to attend those schools.

you’re absolutely right that Northeastern has no room for growth. there’s nothing. it’s behind me why they decided to split the schools with (the potential) size disparity? if the cultural differences are truly that much then they might as well let students choose where they want to go and eliminate boundaries.

KR pulls a lot from the northern springfield area (still springfield city) and it seems like they get some from across the county line from Urbana and Mechanicsburg who don’t want to attend those schools.

you’re absolutely right that Northeastern has no room for growth. there’s nothing. it’s behind me why they decided to split the schools with (the potential) size disparity? if the cultural differences are truly that much then they might as well let students choose where they want to go and eliminate boundaries.
The ran a bond issue with a combined high school and it failed. The community's feedback was that they wanted two separate buildings. That's the way they got it passed.

I think their open enrollment numbers from the north side of Springfield would have gone through the roof if they built a consolidated campus at the new KR site. The additional opportunities the district could offer as a unified school would have been extremely appealing to a lot of Springfield City School District residents, and it would have become the default open enrollment first choice for a lot of city families looking to get out to the county.

I could see Northeastern only having 1/3rd of the district's students by the end of the decade...IMO it's a ridiculous waste of money with a lot of duplicate costs that could have gone towards offering more to students under a unified umbrella, but it's what the taxpayers out there wanted.

on the flip side, keeping 2 schools means 2 kids get to be starting QB. 2 kids are class president. 2 kids are the lead in the school play.......
This is certainly the flip side of the coin...although looking at a neighboring district, I would argue that Springfield is significantly better off as a unified district than if they would have tried to continue operating separately as North and South at the high school level. Particularly with their dwindling enrollment, their spread of academic and extracurricular offerings are about as good as anyone. Athletically, the team sports that they are capable of excelling in would be a fragment of what they currently are as separate schools (which at this point would be long gone from their big brand area conference as they wouldn't be able to compete in anything against anyone).

I would hope that athletics did not factor into anyone's calculus regarding this situation, as Northeastern seems to increasingly field bad teams with regularity across a number of programs, and struggles to fill lower level teams. For the kids that are better athletes (or that have athletic potential), they would have had a much better athletic experience getting to participate on consolidated athletic teams with KR kids.