• West Holmes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wooster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Final score:
New Philadelphia 62
Mansfield Senior 42

It will be a long, dreary bus trip up U.S. 250 and U.S. 30 for Mansfield Senior. The Quakers scored 29 points in their first matchup with the Tygers.

Nice win for the Quakers...
Other OCC Scores.
Lexington 62
West Holmes 41

Madison 53
Wooster 51

Ashland 53
Mt.Vernon 66

Final score:
New Philadelphia 62
Mansfield Senior 42

It will be a long, dreary bus trip up U.S. 250 and U.S. 30 for Mansfield Senior. The Quakers scored 29 points in their first matchup with the Tygers.
Back to back losses for the Tygers could mean bad things for them.

From what I heard also, that this coach was the only one to apply for the job
I read a quick report in a local paper and saw the West Holmes AD had no comment on the resignation. Good indication they wanted it done. WH is a bad place for coaches traditionally.

Quakers put together a complete game tonight. Mansfield looked out of sync for the most part.
I listened to the game on New Philadelphia radio station WJER's streaming broadcast, and it sounded like the Quakers, who have a tall lineup, was getting wide open three-point looks and draining them. The Tygers don't play again until next Friday, which gives coach Marquis Sykes time to get some things fixed. The Tyger football players who are playing basketball need to contribute much more than they did Friday night

I listened to the game on New Philadelphia radio station WJER's streaming broadcast, and it sounded like the Quakers, who have a tall lineup, was getting wide open three-point looks and draining them. The Tygers don't play again until next Friday, which gives coach Marquis Sykes time to get some things fixed. The Tyger football players who are playing basketball need to contribute much more than they did Friday night
It looks like NP was 7/18 from the 3 pt line with Slaughter hitting 4 of them. He is 6'2.

Games this week in the OCC....
Tuesday January 10th
Lexington @ Ontario
West Holmes @ Indian Valley
Shelby @ Wooster

Wednesday January 11th
New Philadelphia @ Dover

Friday January 13th
Lexington @ Ashland
New Philadelphia @ Madison
Wooster @ Mansfield Sr.
West Holmes @ Mt. Vernon

Saturday January 14th
Ashland @ Ontario
Mansfield Sr. @ Bishop Hartley
Mt. Vernon @ Olentangy Berlin

Sunday January 15th
Lexington vs. St. Mary's Memorial @ the Fort Loramie MLK Classic at Fort Loramie HS

New Philly with a dominating 15 point win on the road against an overrated Dover team who's not as good as their record.

New Philly rolls on the road at Dover (now 10-2). Well coached game by Zach Ross, Dover with no answer all night. Looking forward to the Quakers these next few months.

PS - I heard Ross doesn’t even buy gas in Dover.

Dover third huge game in 5 days including OT win over Massillon on Sunday. Tornadoes will bounce back fine.

I guess they split there season matches, Philly gave them there only regular season lost last season

Now the Quakers have to turn around and head to Madison on Friday, hopefully they something left in the tank after a very emotional game with Dover

New Philly with a dominating 15 point win on the road against an overrated Dover team who's not as good as their record.
Phila played a great game, so props to them. Dover does not have an inflated/overrated record, as most of their wins are against pretty good competition: Massillon, Lake, Benedictine, Olentangy, Tri-Valley, Wheeling Park, etc. It was just an off night/good game plan by Phila.

Lexington 55 Lex gets a scare
Ashland 53

Mt.Vernon 59
West Holmes 44

Senior 76
Wooster 50

NP 59
Madison 54 ot
Yep, Lex stole victory out of the jaws of defeat. But 12-0 is looking good.... Lex will have to play better on Sunday against St. Mary's Memorial or 13-0 won't happen.

It looks like a full week of practice helped the Tygers. A win over Columbus Bishop Hartley will be the capper a nice weekend

Mansfield Sr. 61
Columbus Bishop Hartley 65

Ashland 61
Ontario 50

Mt.Vernon 30
Olentangy Berlin 37

Last edited:
I thought Lex would take this game,are they regressing some,there last three games they seem to be sliding the wrong way, this St.Marys team is good but not great at 7-5,I seen a few weeks ago OG beat them by 30 a team Lex plays later on this season