Ohio Boys' Triple Jump Record-Holder - Milan Tiff (Shaker Heights)

Milan Tiff circa 2014:

Fantastic read! Couldn't help but think of Wilma Rudolph when I read this article.

Tiff is also quite an artist, though I must admit, as much as I am in awe of his spirit and athletic accomplishments, I'm not enamored with his artwork.
Article from 1980.

Samples of his artwork

Tiff is also quite an artist, though I must admit, as much as I am in awe of his spirit and athletic accomplishments, I'm not enamored with his artwork.
Article from 1980.

Samples of his artwork
I was a high school teammate of Milan's in '68, my sophomore year. He was not only a superb T&F athlete, but also an exceptional basketball player. Winning the Golden West Invitational with that 49'11 jump was even more impressive when one considers that Ohio didn't even HAVE the TJ in high school meets that year. He was a high jumper, long jumper and ran on the shuttle hurdle relay team. In order to get him a qualifier for Golden West, the Ohio Track Classic (after the state meet) added the event to the meet in '68. On just a couple of weeks of training, Milan jumped 48'8 in The Classic, then went out to Sacramento where he won the Golden West with that 49'11 jump. Surreal! As for his art, I disagree with your appraisal. This piece, for example, speaks volumes on the state of this nation: https://www.1stdibs.com/art/paintings/abstract-paintings/milan-tiff-state-america/id-a_8380832/

I was a high school teammate of Milan's in '68, my sophomore year. He was not only a superb T&F athlete, but also an exceptional basketball player. Winning the Golden West Invitational with that 49'11 jump was even more impressive when one considers that Ohio didn't even HAVE the TJ in high school meets that year. He was a high jumper, long jumper and ran on the shuttle hurdle relay team. In order to get him a qualifier for Golden West, the Ohio Track Classic (after the state meet) added the event to the meet in '68. On just a couple of weeks of training, Milan jumped 48'8 in The Classic, then went out to Sacramento where he won the Golden West with that 49'11 jump. Surreal! As for his art, I disagree with your appraisal. This piece, for example, speaks volumes on the state of this nation: https://www.1stdibs.com/art/paintings/abstract-paintings/milan-tiff-state-america/id-a_8380832/
Welcome to Yappi where disagreements are the norm. This was meant as a response to our new member.

According to the Media not the majority of everyday people. It might have in 1968 .